PDA

View Full Version : Dive buddy needed Sat.28 at CSSP

loudgonzo
06-24-2008, 13:53
Missed out last week on the tsd get together, but going to make it this weekend one way or the other.

Wanting to do a few skills on the first dive, then a couple fun dives.

texdiveguy
06-24-2008, 14:18
I would normally be happy to meet up and dive....but I think the wife has planned my weekend and I bet diving is not on that agenda. Have fun and enjoy!

TxScubaBear
06-24-2008, 18:38
HHmmm, sounds tempting....what time you wanting to start off?

Truered1
06-24-2008, 19:19
Wish I wasn't on another coast, would love to dive your area.

Vercingetorix
06-24-2008, 21:52
Wish I wasn't on another coast, would love to dive your area.Oh, you dear, sweet, naive little thing.

Let's see:
-- you get to dive in Florida. Great dive sites within a few hours.
-- TxScubaBear,loudgonzo, texdiveguy, and I dive in cold, low-viz quarries and lakes.

Trust me on this, we would rather go to Florida and dive.:smiley36:

Here is Scubadillo Dive Club Video (http://www.scubadillo.org/video/ntsra_cssp_08.html) of CSSP diving conditions taken just a couple weeks ago. Lovely...just bloody lovely. And this was GOOD viz.

Loudgonzo you can join the Dillos at Athens on Sat, 28 June. Athens Dive Info
(http://www.scubadillo.org/2008/june_athens/init_info.html)

loudgonzo
06-25-2008, 09:24
Loudgonzo you can join the Dillos at Athens on Sat, 28 June. Athens Dive Info
(http://www.scubadillo.org/2008/june_athens/init_info.html)

Thanks for invite, I'm gonna stick close to home on this one. Will take you up on the next one

loudgonzo
06-25-2008, 09:29
HHmmm, sounds tempting....what time you wanting to start off?

9am or abouts. I'll be in a silver toyota tacoma, or in a grey ford focus with handicap license plates...Don't laugh, I loaned my truck for a good cause:smiley36:

Truered1
06-25-2008, 09:31
Not naive, would just like to experience all different levels and types of diving. I have dove in lakes with only 2 ft vis and love the ocean with its 10 - 100 ft vis. Was just thinking changing it up would be nice. I can be to the east coast in just 10 minutes so yes I am spoiled by that

Vercingetorix
06-25-2008, 10:09
TrueRed1, have you done the dive with the Manatees? Each year, the ScubaDillos does that dive/snorkel. I missed it this year due that ugly little thing call a job. I'm hoping to make it next year.

cowgirldiver
06-25-2008, 13:56
Rick, thanks for giving me a heads up on what to expect down there (with the video). Has anyone heard if the vis has gotten any better in the last couple of weeks? My son will still be excited to have more than the 1ft vis he had on his checkout dive.

Divingguy
06-25-2008, 14:13
Last weekend it was variable 5' to 15', depending upon location, time of day, and number of roto-tillers and dirt-darts in the area.

TxScubaBear
06-25-2008, 14:49
I'll have to back out- duty calls at work.....we're changing out one of our sites to a new circuit and we have to be on hand to do some manual address changing....dad-gummed Murphy needs a knock on his head....shoot, I had half my gear ready!

Vercingetorix
06-25-2008, 15:08
I'll have to back out- duty calls at work.....we're changing out one of our sites to a new circuit and we have to be on hand to do some manual address changing....dad-gummed Murphy needs a knock on his head....shoot, I had half my gear ready!we'll miss you. LoudGonzo and I are going to meet-up

TxScubaBear
06-25-2008, 16:43
Ditto my friend, I was all geared up, hyped up, pumped up to get out there finally......DOH
Still may try for Sunday now...