PDA

View Full Version : BC Divers

whitworthsa
06-24-2008, 20:03
Is there anyone on the forum from British Columbia? I know there are a lot of divers in BC but is there anyone roaming this forum or are you all too busy diving?

divergirl
07-08-2008, 20:45
I'm a bc diver, unfortunately not out diving tonight :P

Moxie
10-19-2008, 20:14
Looks like I'm a little late to this party, but I'm a BC diver. Just got back from the Sunshine Coast but will be out of the water until I get a new drysuit.

annasea
10-20-2008, 19:42
I'm from BC (Vancouver) but don't dive locally at the moment.

elijahb
10-21-2008, 20:58
I am from Alberta BUT I did do my open water and advanced open water in Victoria. I will be taken another trip there in may for 2 weeks.

r2t
10-22-2008, 11:28
Another BC'er here. In Abbotsford.

7thcanuck
02-20-2009, 02:16
I'm from north van, where are your guys favorite spots?

russp
03-09-2009, 15:23
I'll be in Vancouver for my honeymoon from April 21 through the 26. If I was to get a little free time from sight seeing and honeymooning, what are the water conditions like that time of year? Is it dry suit only or would a 7mm wetsuit cut it?

divergirl
03-17-2009, 15:35
I'll be in Vancouver for my honeymoon from April 21 through the 26. If I was to get a little free time from sight seeing and honeymooning, what are the water conditions like that time of year? Is it dry suit only or would a 7mm wetsuit cut it?

Definately not the greatest time of the year to get into the water- we get quite a few algae blooms around this time of the year and so therefore the water is quite murky (lucky if you get 5 feet).

Although this year has been unusually cold...

The last few dives I've been on the vis has not been the greatest.

As for drysuit/ 7mm ... normally a 7 mm would be fine this time of the year as the water temperature is usually between 8-12celcius right now, however once again it has been unusually cold andthe water has been between 5-7 which you can definately feel.

I know I'm quite undecisive lol, hopefully someone else has some input to help you make up your mind.

russp
03-23-2009, 10:44
My mind may be made up by lack of time to dive. With a day trip to Victoria, things to see in Vancouver such as the aquarium, Stanley Park, Chinatown; diving may not be an option. Any other suggestions for tourist things to do?

sassyalice
11-01-2009, 13:23
any divers from the okanagan?

dawnvip
11-01-2009, 13:40
Hi Sassy, glad to see another canuck on the forum!

I used to live in Penticton, now back down to the coast. I haven't seen any one else here from the Okanagan though. DO you dive there?

Evan the Blue
11-28-2009, 16:02
Hi fellow BC-ers; I am a cold water virgin (other than some skin diving in summer) and am looking to get wet.
I am a very experienced warm water snob who would love to get some cold water experience, so I have a few questions .....
What can you all suggest for hookin up with a good group/club?
What would be an ideal drysuit to buy for our water?
7mm?
Brand?
When is our best season?
Good companies for charters, equip, etc...?
Who wants a cold water nooby buddy?

Hope to dive with you all soon :)

navyhmc
11-28-2009, 16:19
Hi fellow BC-ers; I am a cold water virgin (other than some skin diving in summer) and am looking to get wet.
I am a very experienced warm water snob who would love to get some cold water experience, so I have a few questions .....
What can you all suggest for hookin up with a good group/club?
What would be an ideal drysuit to buy for our water?
7mm?
Brand?
When is our best season?
Good companies for charters, equip, etc...?
Who wants a cold water nooby buddy?

Hope to dive with you all soon :)

And when you do get him in the cold water, please record his first explitives uttered for prosperity and our amusement. :smiley36:

Jusl Kidding Evan, I actually enjoy cold water diving. For some strange reason...

For your neck of the woods, I would strongly recommend going dry-about any of the main brands suits are good, just be sure to get a good set of undergarments and always wear either polypopylene or something like underarmor as you first layer.

As far as companies for equip: Ummm Scuba Toys? :smiley36:

And welcome to the forum!:smiley20:

fireted
09-15-2010, 15:49
Langley, BC here..

Dive every weekend, and a few times during the week

Sask Diver
09-23-2010, 23:25
Not a BC diver, but plan on getting out there several times this winter, would love to find some dive buddies out there.