PDA

View Full Version : Diving TR 06/26

mm2002
06-25-2008, 19:01
Kinda short notice, but that's the way it usually works for us. Anyway, the wife and I will be at Dewey all day tomorrow, so if anyone local needs a dive buddy, come on out! Just look for the blue SN-Canopy. If we're not there, please keep an eye on our stuff until we get back! :smiley2:

dive10killer
06-25-2008, 19:41
Not Knick-picking or anything, but tomorrow is 6/26!

mm2002
06-25-2008, 20:04

Thanks, I guess my calendar is broke! :smiley36:
I just got back in from loading gear and I'm sweating like a pig and my back hurts. I don't care what anybody says, diving is a lot of work! Kinda like camping......sure, it's relaxing and peaceful, but by the time you get packed up, drive there, unpack, set up camp....you're almost too tired to relax. Then after that relatively short amount of "relaxation time", you have to tear down, clean up, repack, drive home, unpack, sort, clean up, store....etc. etc. etc.
Damn, I haven't even got there yet and I need a nap! :smiley36:

dive10killer
06-25-2008, 20:15
I hear Ya'
I bought a waterfront home on the lake just to avoid all that!

DOWNDEEP73
06-25-2008, 20:18
I hear Ya'
Rub it in a**hole!

DOWNDEEP73
06-25-2008, 20:19

Thanks, I guess my calendar is broke! :smiley36:
I just got back in from loading gear and I'm sweating like a pig and my back hurts. I don't care what anybody says, diving is a lot of work! Kinda like camping......sure, it's relaxing and peaceful, but by the time you get packed up, drive there, unpack, set up camp....you're almost too tired to relax. Then after that relatively short amount of "relaxation time", you have to tear down, clean up, repack, drive home, unpack, sort, clean up, store....etc. etc. etc.
Damn, I haven't even got there yet and I need a nap! :smiley36:
We are diving Beaver Lake Wed. July 2
You should bring the little lady and come dive with us!

dive10killer
06-25-2008, 20:23
I hear Ya'
Rub it in a**hole!
You know you are just jealous!

DOWNDEEP73
06-25-2008, 20:24
I hear Ya'
Rub it in a**hole!
You know you are just jealous!
Maybe....It is a nice place!

mm2002
06-25-2008, 20:25
I hear Ya'

Well, we're going a few steps beyond that. We're moving to FL in a few months. :smiley20:

DOWNDEEP73
06-25-2008, 20:28
I hear Ya'

Well, we're going a few steps beyond that. We're moving to FL in a few months. :smiley20:
Rub it in A**hole!

DOWNDEEP73
06-25-2008, 20:31
Just Kidd'n!
The kind of viz they have there would set my system into shock after the dives I have done this year!

mm2002
06-25-2008, 20:45
I wish we could make it to the Beaver dive with you guys (hehe....I said Beaver Dive LOL)
Actually, we have plans all the way through the July 4th weekend, and another forum member is coming down for some diving the following week. Let me know how the dives go though, as I'm curious about what's happening at Beaver. It's less than two hours from here, so it is do-able.

Splitlip
06-25-2008, 20:58
I hear Ya'

Better check with Gus first. See if he wants ya.

http://www.centralmediaserver.com/WPTV/seaturtle6.jpg

dive10killer
06-25-2008, 21:02
Yum!
I love Turtle Soup!

mm2002
06-25-2008, 21:04
I hear Ya'

Oh hell, I've already talked to Gus. He can't wait till we get there! He wants me to bring him a big 'ol juicy Missouri Crappie. He said he's never tried Crappie. It'll be a treat!

Splitlip
06-25-2008, 21:20
Yum!
I love Turtle Soup!

Gus' friend Billy the Bull says come down too.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8f/Bullshark_Beqa_Fiji_2007.jpg/250px-Bullshark_Beqa_Fiji_2007.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Bullshark_Beqa_Fiji_2007.jpg)

dive10killer
06-25-2008, 21:21
Crappie is better than Turtle soup!

Splitlip
06-25-2008, 21:22
I hear Ya'

Oh hell, I've already talked to Gus. He can't wait till we get there! He wants me to bring him a big 'ol juicy Missouri Crappie. He said he's never tried Crappie. It'll be a treat!

Gus ain't gonna take no crap from anybody.

dive10killer
06-25-2008, 21:24
Shark Fin Soup isn't as good as Crappie! But it is decent!

mm2002
06-25-2008, 21:30
I hear Ya'

Gus ain't gonna take no crap from anybody.

Probably a little more tolerant than Billy though, eh? If Billy wants a Crappie, I'll bring enough for everyone. Ask if he want mustard or mayo!

mm2002
06-25-2008, 21:33
Brother Tim, I really hate that you're so far away and can't come down and dive with us tomorrow. After all that 1000 ft vis, you really need a good manly muck dive to bone up on your skills. :smiley36:

Splitlip
06-25-2008, 21:34
Shark Fin Soup isn't as good as Crappie! But it is decent!

This is Gus's other friend. She says "don't bother"

Splitlip
06-25-2008, 21:36
Brother Tim, I really hate that you're so far away and can't come down and dive with us tomorrow. After all that 1000 ft vis, you really need a good manly muck dive to bone up on your skills. :smiley36:

Darn it. I wish I could be there too.

dive10killer
06-25-2008, 21:39
Not sure if Crappie would taste as good as that though.
Cut me off a little piece of that!

mm2002
06-25-2008, 21:39

I can tell your heart's broken.

Splitlip
06-25-2008, 21:43
Not sure if Crappie would taste as good as that though.
Cut me off a little piece of that!

LOL. I was scrambling trying to find a pic that for which you would have no reply. Guess I failed.

That picture is actually pretty old. Can't remember the year, but that Rolls was donated by a local businessman to kick of Palm Beach County's artificial reef program.
Note, they put her in a BPW :)

dive10killer
06-25-2008, 21:48
Note, they put her in a BPW :)
She must be a Tech Diver!
I'd show her what "DIR" really means!

dive10killer
06-25-2008, 21:51
Drill It Right!

Splitlip
06-25-2008, 21:57

I can tell your heart's broken.

It's funny, even just reading my post you were able to sense that.

Fact is, I have only done one "quarry" dive. Gave me the willies.

Splitlip
06-25-2008, 21:58
Drill It Right!
:smilie39:

mm2002
06-26-2008, 09:10
"Drill It Right"....I like that! :smiley36:

PepeDiver
06-26-2008, 10:13
durnit...wish I could get out there with you guys.

mm2002
06-26-2008, 18:04
durnit...wish I could get out there with you guys.

I wish you could have made it out too bro! We just got back in, and all in all it was a great day of diving! Babysitter took the kids for the day, and the wifey and I got to spend some "us" time blowing bubbles. We had a great day!

Mtrewyn
06-26-2008, 18:58
How was the Vis? :smiley13:
I'm going to be there on sat-and sun. :smiley32:
Hoping for 15'?:smiley20:

mm2002
06-26-2008, 19:11

Vis from 0 to 15 ft was anywhere from 1 to maybe 3 feet. Still pretty mucked up. It clears a bit more down to 30, and at around 32/33 your at the cline and it opens up pretty good. I'd say pretty close to 12/15 ft vis from there down to the deepest we went, which was 54 ft. After 33, the temp drops to 63, and gets only slightly cooler down a little past 50. The best dive will be early, and it will get worse later in the day, but it's all pretty good in my opinion. I don't know how late you'll be there Sunday afternoon, but we'll be out there again around 5:00 to 5:30pm.

Splitlip
06-27-2008, 20:45

Vis from 0 to 15 ft was anywhere from 1 to maybe 3 feet. Still pretty mucked up. It clears a bit more down to 30, and at around 32/33 your at the cline and it opens up pretty good. I'd say pretty close to 12/15 ft vis from there down to the deepest we went, which was 54 ft. After 33, the temp drops to 63, and gets only slightly cooler down a little past 50. The best dive will be early, and it will get worse later in the day, but it's all pretty good in my opinion. I don't know how late you'll be there Sunday afternoon, but we'll be out there again around 5:00 to 5:30pm.
Brother Mark:

Dive reports for ya

Today's Scuba Diving Conditions in West Palm Beach (http://thescubaclub.com/dreport.html)

Dive Reports:: Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba diving lessons at a PADI 5 Star facility, daily scuba diving trips in Jupiter, Florida (http://www.jupiterdivecenter.com/dive_reports.htm)

mm2002
06-27-2008, 21:36
Brother Mark:

Dive reports for ya

Today's Scuba Diving Conditions in West Palm Beach (http://thescubaclub.com/dreport.html)

Dive Reports:: Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba diving lessons at a PADI 5 Star facility, daily scuba diving trips in Jupiter, Florida (http://www.jupiterdivecenter.com/dive_reports.htm)

Damn, you guys would freak out at anything less than 60 ft vis huh!!!
You're just spoiled rotten, that's all! :smiley36:

One time, yesterday, I lost sight of my buddy (wifey), and was searching around in circles looking for her, and all the sudden she grabbed my arm. I guess stuff like that is rare in your part of the world? :smiley36:

Splitlip
06-27-2008, 21:48
Brother Mark:

Dive reports for ya

Damn, you guys would freak out at anything less than 60 ft vis huh!!!
You're just spoiled rotten, that's all! :smiley36:

One time, yesterday, I lost sight of my buddy (wifey), and was searching around in circles looking for her, and all the sudden she grabbed my arm. I guess stuff like that is rare in your part of the world? :smiley36:

I've misplaced buddies before. But usually it is because of a stiff current. One might drop behind a ledge, out of the current while buddy is on top. Next thing, no buddy. Even on a bad day, you will see bubbles, if not the diver. The consciencious buddy will try and wait up until the other drifts into him.

If viz approaches 40, I don't bother going out.

harb99
06-27-2008, 23:33
If viz approaches 40, I don't bother going out.

nice - around these areas in the quarries - 40 is great vis and usually unheard of especially with the rain this year

snagel
06-28-2008, 05:59
Heck, around here if you happen to get 30' viz, it don't last long cause everybody would be there mucking it up. The price to pay for living in the midwest. But, the thing I can tell you is once you get use to diving these conditions, when you do go to warmer water.....it is absolutely utopia.

Snagel

IaHammerhead
06-29-2008, 17:06
I wish I had checked my brothers laptop while in the Branson area. I was near Lampe, Mo. on the 26th and dove. Stopped at the State Marina to get tanks filled on the25th. Look for my post of my diving experiences which is soon to follow.
Guess I will have to hold out for next year, unless my wife and I can make a trip down in September or October.
Diving was awesome for me at the TR Lake.

Splitlip
06-29-2008, 17:10
Heck, around here if you happen to get 30' viz, it don't last long cause everybody would be there mucking it up. The price to pay for living in the midwest. But, the thing I can tell you is once you get use to diving these conditions, when you do go to warmer water.....it is absolutely utopia.

Snagel

Kinda like what Yogi said.

"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."
-- Yogi Berra