PDA

View Full Version : From the Gulf Coast...

Rockhound76
08-08-2007, 12:43
Just found this site and forum a few weeks ago.

I've been diving since '76, with a few "light" years and a few heavy ones. I'm now ready to go back to more diving, as my oldest son (14) just got his NAUI Jr. Certification in a local scuba camp.

We spent the last two weeks diving in Panama City, FL. He's now "hooked" and I'm excited to have a great new dive buddy. I was pleased at how well he did and hope he continues.

I came to this site to get me some new fins and him a few personal gear items (I'll buy his reg and bc from the LDS).

It's great to be here. In the next few weeks, we hope to be diving again.

creggur
08-08-2007, 13:22
Congrats to your son on his acheivement, and welcome to the boards..

If you've been lurking around I'm sure you've seen we've got some super-nice folks around here!!

No Misses
08-08-2007, 16:34
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new dive buddy!

Centerius
08-08-2007, 19:00
Hey Rockhound, nice to see you over here. :)

DivingsInMyBlood
08-08-2007, 21:12
welcome and congrats

nferra2
08-08-2007, 21:40
I can't wait until I get my son Certified... he is 7 weeks old right now. Is PADI working on an infant specialization yet?

Foo2
08-09-2007, 10:28
Welcome Rockhound76! Congrats on your new diving buddy!

Dive-aholic
08-09-2007, 12:17
Welcome to the board. What part of the gulf coast are you from? I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow. Finally moving to water! I'll be in the Marianna area, about 45 minutes north of PCB.

Rockhound76
08-14-2007, 16:37
Oops...I've been away for a few days. I'm from Conroe, Texas, but I'm originally from Alabama. I learned to dive in Columbus, GA about 30 years ago and have been active, off and on, since that time.

My son and I had a great time in PCB and some of his photos came out great (cheap digital, but I made him shoot macro, so the shots were pretty clear).

I'm already planning on getting my old Nikonos V checked out and will teach him to use it after he gets more experience.

BTW, I used to dive the Chipola River a lot looking for fossils and artifacts. I even got hit by a drunk in a fishing boat there once....I was in about 4' feet of murk, working a gravel bed while attached to boat anchor to hold me in the current....

Those were the days..hehehe...

uzzell20
08-14-2007, 17:43
panama city is a great drift dive for beginners, there is plenty to see and usually a slack current