PDA

View Full Version : Coz Trip Report 6-18 through 6-28

divingmedic
06-28-2008, 20:48
OK, just off the plane after spending ten wonderful days in Cozumel. We stayed at the Park Royal Hotel. It is an all inclusive resort. Very clean, food was OK just was with any all inclusive. Booze is very watered down.:smiley21: The staff very friendly, helpful. And also as usual the beds as with any hotel in Cozumel they are hard as a rock.

Now for the diving. I dove with Blue XT Sea Diving. Very top notch out fit. Pedro and Blanca were the two dive masters I dove with. Dove Devils Throat which was a very very sweet dive!!! Then we dove Cedrals Wall. Saw six turtles on that wall. Next day we dove Santa Rosa's wall which was always is an excellent dive. Second dive of that day was Paradise reef. Tons of Blennies, Gobies , several sea horses, the biggest Green Moray I have ever seen. The next day we dove Palancar Gardens. Palancar has always been my favorite reef to dive there. Tons of marine life, great swim through's. Back to Paradise Reef for the second dive. Just coming up for my safety stop and a pod of five dolphins came up to play. Long safety stop but awesome to see and play with them. Came back to Paradise Reef for the third time for a night dive. So many ocotpi you could hardly count them. Decorator crabs were out also.

The only thing bad about my trip was my brand new Oceanic VT 3 dive computer crapped out my first dive.!!

awb
06-28-2008, 21:05
Glad to here you had a great time. Never can be in CZM to much. How was the currents. Last 2 times I've been they were strong. ( April and May )

Defman
06-28-2008, 21:54
Nice, very nice! Glad to hear you had a dolphin experience, I've been out of the water the two times dolphins have come thru while I was there.

I haven't been there for a couple years. I'm trying to save some $$ for a house, so it'll still be a while before I get back..

kenneth.hall@voith.com
06-28-2008, 22:30
I've never been there but you sure make me want to go.
Which I intend to do sometime this year.

divingmedic
06-29-2008, 08:37
Glad to here you had a great time. Never can be in CZM to much. How was the currents. Last 2 times I've been they were strong. ( April and May )
There was little to no current this. Which I found a little strange. Even down on Punta Sur there was no current.

RoyN
06-30-2008, 00:22
I diving the same week you were diving and I did had some currents. Its fun drift diving.

divingmedic
07-24-2008, 18:31
Drift diving is always great. No hard work to do, just drift lazily down the reef.

ScubaJ
07-24-2008, 22:31
We were there the same week as you. Nice leisurely current. Unfortunately we didn't get to see quite as much cool stuff as you (sea horses, turtles, or dolphins). :(
When we were there last year (mid Sep) the current was Ripping. Kind of unsettling at first, but really fun after we got used to it. Was like flying over the reef.

Travelnsj
07-25-2008, 00:16
You had a great trip! Been there 3 times and never been that lucky....Maybe next summer I'll try it again.

Where is the Park royal located? close to DT?

chinacat46
07-25-2008, 06:45
I was in Coz back at the end of May and had a great night dive on Paradise Reef as well. Lots of octopi and some very big crabs as well as a toad fish. Was the best dive of the trip.