PDA

View Full Version : stubble catching in neoprene

jimmysdevoted
06-29-2008, 10:37
I know thsi sounds sooooo silly. But I found that if i use products like nair and neet, theer is a residue smell that gets in teh wet suit. So I shave my legs and use mens shave cream or skintimate shave gel.
Thr peoblem is i like intution razors but I ahve to shave every day.. anyone knwo of razor wher I dont have to shave everyday! to prevent stubble.......

j

Martin2
06-30-2008, 08:12
I like the venus line.

dallasdivergirl
06-30-2008, 08:22
gillette fusion.

I have super sensative skin and this has been a great razor.

Monkeylemon
06-30-2008, 10:29
Schick Quattro. Four blades, super-smooth shave.

Grizbear98
06-30-2008, 11:01
I'd use anything with 3 blades or more, I feel like I have to shave twice in a shower with the 2 bladed ones

I like the Venus and shick razors though, very smooth shave

chace_nicole
06-30-2008, 13:20
I like the mens Mach 3 Turbo...the boys have better razors that seem to last longer IMHO. I still have to shave everyday :( though.

Grizbear98
06-30-2008, 13:22
agreed, I left mine at home so I ended up having to use one of Dad's single blades, it shaved better than my 2 blades did. But some of the Men's blades just look fun and come with shiny handles

Monkeylemon
06-30-2008, 13:26
I like to look at men's shaving kits, too...the brush & lather looks really fun.

CompuDude
07-02-2008, 19:58
Seems to me you're overly bothered about the smell of nair... which you can't smell underwater.

Any razor is going to need more frequent shaving than a chemical product that actually gets below the skin, where no razor can go.

In your shoes, unless there's more to the story, I'd go back to the nair.

Or consider laser hair removal. :)

violakat03
07-02-2008, 20:04
I also use men's razors - that way we just have to buy one type of blades and can save money by buying in bulk. :D It's a Gilette, whatever their one with 4 blades and a vibrator (:smiley2:) - the vibration really does seem to help me stay smoother longer. I can usually go 2 (sometimes 3 if I don't mind a little roughness) days between shaves.

mselizann
07-02-2008, 20:15
I like the Venus line....
I am saving up for laser hair removal though- wouldn't that be great?!?!

Grizbear98
07-03-2008, 07:26
with my hair color, I don't think I could get laser hair removal. Last time I checked it only worked with certain hair colors, all in all I think I'm fine with razors for the time being even if it does mean shaving every day to every 3 days depending on what I'm wearing or doing.

oddbod
07-03-2008, 07:49
What about waxing YouTube - Bikini waxing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-5l3C_gcCg) :smilie39:. Sorry!

Martin2
07-03-2008, 07:49
with my hair color, I don't think I could get laser hair removal. Last time I checked it only worked with certain hair colors, all in all I think I'm fine with razors for the time being even if it does mean shaving every day to every 3 days depending on what I'm wearing or doing.

Really? Which ones and why?

Grizbear98
07-03-2008, 07:51
something about the melinin in redheads and other types of hair color people's skin here's a link on it
Hair Removal Journal - FAQ (http://www.hairremovaljournal.org/faqs.htm#willlhr)

waxing? ouch! no way!

Foo2
07-03-2008, 12:47
Laser hair removal would be sooooo awesome! I would love to save up to get my bikini line done.

Waxing: I can't bring myself to go to a salon and have someone do my waxing for me. I guess I'm a little modest. I do my waxing at home. I must add in that I do/will not wax my legs...I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy. Now surprising enough I will wax my bikini line...it's not half as painful as the legs. I would recommend a gel wax over a heated wax. Gel waxes adhere to the hair itself and not to your skin. Heated waxes adhere to your skin as well as the hair and then rip off about 20 layers of skin as you remove the strip. Can we say ouch? As a matter of fact, I think that heated waxes could be used as a method of torture to get information from our national enemies. One rip and they will be singing like a canary. Don't get me wrong, gel waxes still hurt. Let's face it you are ripping hair out by the root. No matter what a package says for waxing, IT HURTS!!! As far as at home gel waxes, I would recommend Nads (http://www.nads.com/) or Sally Hansen's No-Heat Gel Hair Remover (http://www.sallyhansen.com/product.cfm?product=136). I have had good luck with both of those. If you are a gluten for punishment and want to try a heated wax...I used the GiGi All Purpose Microwave Wax (http://www.ballbeauty.com/gigi_honee_wax.htm#Microwave) with good results.

Shaving: I like the Venus line myself. I have found that a shaving cream is a shaving cream. I don't think any of them work better than the other. Whatever is on sale is typically what I would buy. But for the last couple of years, I have found that hair conditioner is AWESOME for legs or bikini line! I've tried all of the expensive bikini shaving creams...none of them worked as well as conditioner. For a bikini razer, I recommend the Noxzema Bikini Razors (http://www.noxzemashaving.com/). They are real small so they fit in small areas much easier. They are most definitely disposable though...count on them for 2 shaves max. If it hurts...get a new one. Shaving a bikini line with a dull razor is asking for all sorts of redness.

There's my own personal scoop on hair removal. ;)

Martin2
07-03-2008, 12:56
I learn so many interesting things at ST...

oddbod
07-04-2008, 07:51
I learn so many interesting things at ST...Yeah, like gee I'm glad I'm a male:confused:

mselizann
07-04-2008, 10:03
A local tv charity auction has been featuring an underarm package for the last couple years- I should have bought it this year- It went for $270

next year I will!

only the hair on my legs is white blonde.......that may be trouble if I ever decide to have them done according to the article

MysteryGirl
07-06-2008, 11:21
Personally, I love the Venus line and their new one also Venus Divine. It's priced outrageously. They all have little "comfort" strips that leave a slick surface as you shave. I think it's the Divine that actually needs no lubricant because it's already built into the shave head surrounding the blades.

Gillette makes a slim shaver with a nicely curved handle and also has a little "comfort strip" ....and it's great for getting to hard to reach areas or sensitive areas.

Other than going totally french - you know - the don't shave the legs, let alone anything else ***@@!!

MysteryGirl
07-07-2008, 11:46
Have you ever had laser hair removal? It takes approximately 4 - 5 appointments, and each one about 3 weeks apart so that they can catch the hair in it's growth cycle. Hair anywhere on the face, underarms, legs, bikini area and legs comes and goes.

One thing though, you can NOT have a tan, because the laser is picking up the color difference between your skin and hair. Even though some of the newer machines say that they can work on lighter hair, it's not likely.

If you decide on laser, make certain you do it through a Dr's office, rather than a "salon" that may have a Dr on paper. The Dr. isn't the one who usually operates the machine, it's most likely someone trained in the office.

Try to get a "package" price and then counter offer. You'd be surprised - they will work with you on the price. Don't get a package that charges by each "zap" get a price for the entire area. Some places charge in 15 minute increments - those aren't good either. The tech will sit there and talk to you for most of it instead of using the machine.

If you do go for this (again, if your hair is blonde, it's probably going to be a waste of $$$) the hair MAY grow back - in about 1-2 yrs. Not all of it, but some will.

Hope this helped you.

lisa
07-30-2008, 17:32
Ladies, if we're diving, we have some guts, no? Here's one way to go...

For years I was an aestheticienne and got used to waxing myself as well; but it's a huge mess, takes forever and can ugly-bruise the skin in tender areas if not done perfectly, which is really hard to do on yourself. The nice part is that any hair that is pulled, not shaved, grows back with a slender curved tip versus blunt-edged stubble. Husbands of aestheticiennes do it on their faces. All follicles are on their very own grow/dormant phase so the weeks of "smooth hairless skin" promised by any salon or laser person is wishful thinking right off the bat. If you start as a young lady, then yes, it will diminish most growth for good. On adults it takes a while. Plus, it's more $ that you could spend on a half-day's diving in Kona, sis!

THEN, after I retired from that, I discovered my Braun Silk-Epil Eversoft. Bought it on the internet. Momentary zing-so? It's basically electric mechanical tweezers an inch wide that go so fast it is nothing like getting waxed. The skin is never moved and it is way faster than my human hand which makes a real difference to the nerves. It's time consuming, every 3 days or so, 20 minutes+ for a sasquwach like me (pale skin, dark hairy Dad) but I have never cut open my skin like the firkin razors I used for years. In salt water-that's big. If I want to feel ooolala for a special event I can always shave and get stubble and then pull it out when it's long enough.

I did take the luxury of getting laser on my underarms before going to Kona. I have been nuked twice and it is 75% gone. Follicles that are not active are not affected, so yes, it takes a few times. It's expensive, they are very hard-sell and it hurts way more than just pulling it out-it's a burn, duh- but it's just for a second. Take the anti-inflammatory drugs you prefer and don't drink before going to the salon. But again, I could go to Kona again for what it would cost to keep doing my legs.
I wish you delicious sensations in the water and above-
We're MERMAIDS, sis!!!
lisa