PDA

View Full Version : your healthy diet

jimmysdevoted
06-29-2008, 11:01
The last thread fot me to thinking, what food intake are you doing to keep your energy up?

we rely on grapes and cheese and fresh cooked turky ina cooler.
Grapes are so easy. But I have a swallowing disorder nad rely on Slimfast high protein shakes.. you'd think i'd loose weight with this but I dont. It does keep my energy up and keeps my mood even.
I also like teh colossal protein bars. we try to maintain higher protien to carb ratio and high fiber. It just keeps us staed on little food.

do any of you ahve any food tricks or staples that keep you going when yuor palaing hard in the deep blue playpen?

julie

mselizann
06-29-2008, 18:40
Today for lunch we packed brie and bacon "quesadillas", whole wheat pasta salad, and grapes....

We usually bring some kind of protein and fruit

and-oh yeah- starburst to help with dry mouth!

dallasdivergirl
06-29-2008, 23:14
clif & luna bars. clemintines.
grapes.

all of which bringing extras can make someone else's day!

ScubaJenn81
06-30-2008, 07:06
I like to bring fruit and power bars or a pb/j sandwich. No matter what though, I am always starving at dinner time.

scubarobin
07-09-2008, 13:25
switching to veg diet has helped me with energy level. Also, giving up caffeine. I am able to eat huge salads, bread, hummus with pita chips, pasta with asian stirfry vegies, etc. I feel full and satisfied. :smiley20:

Also we switched from 2% milk to soy milk for our cereal, etc. Wow! Love that stuff and it doesn't go sour in the fridge.

Monkeylemon
07-09-2008, 14:48
nekkid chicken breasts.