PDA

View Full Version : MOF/NMOF I Scuba Toys Chat Thread

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 18:59
Love it or hate it, it nevers goes away. Actually I'm surprised it has been this long and someone hasn't already started it.

Let's begin with the ultimate question.

Do you wear your mask on your forehead or not?

NitroWill
08-08-2007, 19:00
No, I wear my mask on my face...Duh...:smiley29:

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 19:04
No, I wear my mask on my face...Duh...:smiley29:That's how it starts.:smilie39::smiley36:

medic001918
08-08-2007, 19:09
Sometimes I'll wear it on my forehead. It depends. And when I see other divers do the same, I don't think of it as a sign of distress. Unless of course, they're yelling and flailing about in the water. But then, the mask is the last thing I'm looking at.

Shane

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 19:12
Sometimes I'll wear it on my forehead. It depends. And when I see other divers do the same, I don't think of it as a sign of distress. Unless of course, they're yelling and flailing about in the water. But then, the mask is the last thing I'm looking at.

Shane
Yeah, this horse is so dead. This post prompted a following on the other board that grew into something unrecognizable yet beautiful all at the same time.

MxDiver
08-08-2007, 19:14
I can't wait to see where this one is headed :smilie40:

MxDiver
08-08-2007, 19:14
o yeah I forgot NMOF

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 19:15
o yeah I forgot NMOF
Come on in. life is good here. What's your preference.

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 19:17
Mask perferences only please.:smiley2:

medic001918
08-08-2007, 19:36
With the group here, I'm not so sure it'll turn into the big debate and long thread that it developed into on the other forum. People here are more laid back and just go with the flow. Often, I find better information here simply due to the calmness that people post with. They aren't so adament about their ways like they are on other forums. The dynamic here is fantastic. The only thing the other forum has over this one is that it's been around longer and has a much larger thread base to search. In time, as this forum continues to grow we will obtain that same base. I look forward to being around when it does happen.

Shane

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 19:39
With the group here, I'm not so sure it'll turn into the big debate and long thread that it developed into on the other forum. People here are more laid back and just go with the flow. Often, I find better information here simply due to the calmness that people post with. They aren't so adament about their ways like they are on other forums. The dynamic here is fantastic. The only thing the other forum has over this one is that it's been around longer and has a much larger thread base to search. In time, as this forum continues to grow we will obtain that same base. I look forward to being around when it does happen.

Shane
Oh, I agree, great dynamics here. I'm not looking for a debate as much as a place to chat during surface intervals.

If this turns out to be as big a post maker as the other board Larry may want to go ahead and order another, bigger server.

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 20:52
The board must be slow tonight.

creggur
08-08-2007, 20:54
I definately MOF.. Usually backward showing of the Scubatoys emblem on the neoprene mask strap....

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 20:55
I definately MOF.. Usually backward showing of the Scubatoys emblem on the neoprene mask strap....
Actually, I see this more and more, it is becoming very popular in this area.

ianr33
08-08-2007, 20:57
This post prompted a following on the other board that grew into something unrecognizable yet beautiful all at the same time.[/quote]

Which only goes to show that beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder :smiley36:

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 20:58
Wow at 50 posts you morph from tadpole (amphibian) to guppy (fish). How's that work??

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 20:59
This post prompted a following on the other board that grew into something unrecognizable yet beautiful all at the same time.

Which only goes to show that beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder :smiley36:[/quote]
Good point. :smiley29:

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:00
So when I hit 10,000 posts what will I be...............a shark or what?

creggur
08-08-2007, 21:01
Congrats on your guppyness, I reached Grouperdome today at 250... Pretty cool..

Is the backward mask getting more popular, or just people showing off Scubatoys emblems??:smiley36:

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:03
Congrats on your guppyness, I reached Grouperdome today at 250... Pretty cool..

Is the backward mask getting more popular, or just people showing off Scubatoys emblems??:smiley36:
Well, since I have yet to see anyone with a scuba toy mask strap i can only guess more popular. Would be a good advertiement, maybe Larry should hand out 1,00o or so of them with new orders.

Splitlip
08-08-2007, 21:11

Shane

The people here are more open minded and ready to have a discussion than many of those over at the other board.
If you look at profiles here, most are fairly new divers who embrace the information others have to offer. And the more experienced divers here are friendly and discuss things. They have senses of humor too.
The other board has a number of short tempered narrow minded divers who believe there should be no discussion. They often attack the newer divers. Many of the newer divers, like whipped puppies work harder to please their "masters" and in turn, attack the next group of new divers and posters with the same rhetoric.

O boy.. it sounds like a term paper I once wrote. Only now I am not under the influance of "study aids", but rather the heat. My AC condensing unit apparently has a bad contacter and is shut down.

creggur
08-08-2007, 21:12
Well, since I have yet to see anyone with a scuba toy mask strap i can only guess more popular. Would be a good advertiement, maybe Larry should hand out 1,00o or so of them with new orders.

You get one whenever you buy a mask, now I don't know how many masks ST sells, but I'm willing to bet he's got quite a few out there.

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:14

Shane

The people here are more open minded and ready to have a discussion than many of those over at the other board.
If you look at profiles here, most are fairly new divers who embrace the information others have to offer. And the more experienced divers here are friendly and discuss things. They have senses of humor too.
The other board has a number of short tempered narrow minded divers who believe there should be no discussion. They often attack the newer divers. Many of the newer divers, like whipped puppies work harder to please their "masters" and in turn, attack the next group of new divers and posters with the same rhetoric.

O boy.. it sounds like a term paper I once wrote. Only now I am not under the influance of "study aids", but rather the heat. My AC condensing unit apparently has a bad contacter and is shut down.
Let's not let that happen here.

creggur
08-08-2007, 21:16
The other board has a number of short tempered narrow minded divers who believe there should be no discussion. They often attack the newer divers.

Been there, got attacked, came here!! I'm not thin-skinned, but it really takes the fun out when the DIR Nazis get rollin' over there...

That's not a slam on DIR, I really don't care how you dive as long as it's safe for the kind of diving your doing!!

DIVE AND LET DIVE!!

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:16

You get one whenever you buy a mask, now I don't know how many masks ST sells, but I'm willing to bet he's got quite a few out there.That's not enough, some of us old salts have masks that are forever old and brand new backups just waiting to go diving. Certainly you should be able to get one just for ordering whatever. I won't be ordering a mask for a long time.

Kokomo
08-08-2007, 21:17
Good evening....Is anybody out there?

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:18
There will be a momentary lapse in my attedance while I prepare an adult beverage.

creggur
08-08-2007, 21:19

Larry has said that this is one of the reasons he started the forums here.. He doesn't want to censor things, but I'm sure he will use the delete key if he feels things are getting out of hand...

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:21

Larry has said that this is one of the reasons he started the forums here.. He doesn't want to censor things, but I'm sure he will use the delete key if he feels things are getting out of hand...Unfortunately it will come with time as the membership grows. But in the meantime life is good.

creggur
08-08-2007, 21:22
That's not enough, some of us old salts have masks that are forever old and brand new backups just waiting to go diving. Certainly you should be able to get one just for ordering whatever. I won't be ordering a mask for a long time.

You got a $10.00 Gift certificate right??

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=RP22

There is your free mask strap....You get 10% off to so you'll have some change from your mask strap purchase:smilie39:

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:22
Good evening....Is anybody out there?Hey Cutie.:smiley9::knegg: You're HOT.

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:24
That's not enough, some of us old salts have masks that are forever old and brand new backups just waiting to go diving. Certainly you should be able to get one just for ordering whatever. I won't be ordering a mask for a long time.

You got a $10.00 Gift certificate right??

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=RP22

There is your free mask strap....You get 10% off to so you'll have some change from your mask strap purchase:smilie39:
Nope, I'm saving all my discounts and certifiactes for a high dollar item that Larry has already told be he would give me a good deal on when he gets back on Sat.

creggur
08-08-2007, 21:24
There will be a momentary lapse in my attedance while I prepare an adult beverage.

Enjoy the adult beverage!! I'd love to join you, but 5:00 is going to come early and I'm off to bed.... You guys have a good one....

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:25

Enjoy the adult beverage!! I'd love to join you, but 5:00 is going to come early and I'm off to bed.... You guys have a good one....
Thanks for stopping in, see you around.

creggur
08-08-2007, 21:27
Nope, I'm saving all my discounts and certifiactes for a high dollar item that Larry has already told be he would give me a good deal on when he gets back on Sat.

Hell if you are making a high dollar purchase, go ahead and ask for one... He said he owed you for helping him out....

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:28

Hell if you are making a high dollar purchase, go ahead and ask for one... He said he owed you for helping him out....Good point, but I didn't do all that much and I don't want to abuse his good nature.

Kokomo
08-08-2007, 21:28
I'm tired. Good night , all.

Splitlip
08-08-2007, 21:30

Shane

I am optimistic that it won't. Some of the afore mentioned have already been and gone.

Now, more importantly, I will wear my mask anywhere I damn well please including my ass if I so desire.
I don't wear it on my neck because it is in the way of my alternate. I do not wear it backwards, because it feels like it is stressing the mask. Before I dive I do not wear it on my forehead nor my face for that matter because I don't want to accelorate the fogging process (see my avitar, pre dive it is in my hand). When I surface and the mask fogs, rescue me baby, it is on forehead.
Having said that; I have told my teen aged daughter and her friends, never wear their masks on their foreheads. They are teenagers after all and image is evertything. :smiley2:

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:31
I'm tired. Good night , all.
Night cutie, I'm not far behind you.

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:34

Shane

I am optimistic that it won't. Some of the afore mentioned have already been and gone.

Now, more importantly, I will wear my mask anywhere I damn well please including my ass if I so desire.
I don't wear it on my neck because it is in the way of my alternate. I do not wear it backwards, because it feels like it is stressing the mask. Before I dive I do not wear it on my forehead nor my face for that matter because I don't want to accelorate the fogging process (see my avitar, pre dive it is in my hand). When I surface and the mask fogs, rescue me baby, it is on forehead.
Having said that; I have told my teen aged daughter and her friends, never wear their masks on their foreheads. They are teenagers after all and image is evertything. :smiley2:
Down Boy, besides, what makes you think that a teenager is going to pay any attention to you. Mine don't. The old do as I say not as I do thing will come back to bit in the ***.

MEL-DC Diver
08-08-2007, 21:41

Didn't I speak to you about this particular behavior already? :smiley36:

creggur
08-08-2007, 21:42
Had to pop back in to say this, as I thought of it on my way to bed, oh well it's just sleep..

Every time I've had dealings with ST I got more than I expected..

Personal Equipment package order: My wife and my masks came with the neoprene straps - didn't know we were getting them.

BC/Reg order: My Brigade came with rear weight pockets, usually a $50.00 upgrade, for free

Regs came with hose protectors, didn't expect it

They installed our Veo 180 computers into Veo 250 consoles because they were out of the 180 style consoles with the compasses like we wanted.

Had our Envoys upgraded to Deluxes: - Specifically told him not to expedite shipping as it was my choice to order the regular Envoys to begin with, and he shouldn't pay extra shipping over something that was my choice to begin with - They 2nd Day Aired them anyway to make sure I had them by this weekend..

Little things..sure, but they really have created lifetime clients of my wife and me with these "little" things..

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:46
Had to pop back in to say this, as I thought of it on my way to bed, oh well it's just sleep..

Every time I've had dealings with ST I got more than I expected..

Personal Equipment package order: My wife and my masks came with the neoprene straps - didn't know we were getting them.

BC/Reg order: My Brigade came with rear weight pockets, usually a $50.00 upgrade, for free

Regs came with hose protectors, didn't expect it

They installed our Veo 180 computers into Veo 250 consoles because they were out of the 180 style consoles with the compasses like we wanted.

Had our Envoys upgraded to Deluxes: - Specifically told him not to expedite shipping as it was my choice to order the regular Envoys to begin with, and he shouldn't pay extra shipping over something that was my choice to begin with - They 2nd Day Aired them anyway to make sure I had them by this weekend..

Little things..sure, but they really have created lifetime clients of my wife and me with these "little" things..
Sleep is overrated.

Little things make big differences. Larry is a smart cookie. He knows that sales count and even if his profit margin is a little lower than those that don't go that extra mile and spend that little more on the customer, a small number of a very large number is still a big number. He must have studied under Sam Walton.

creggur
08-08-2007, 21:48
Don't know where he studied, but he's obviously got this thing right..

Ok, Now I'm going over to the CTRL V thread, hit the button, and going to bed...Have a good one Mel/WV/Split.. Good chatting with you guys, see you tomorrow..

Splitlip
08-08-2007, 21:48

Shane

Down Boy, besides, what makes you think that a teenager is going to pay any attention to you. Mine don't. The old do as I say not as I do thing will come back to bit in the ***.
:smilie39:
I think I too will fix an adult beverage and walk down to the neighbor's house and turn in. (AC is down)
West Virginia, eh?
Per chance is your adult beverage from a local distillery? One of my oldest and dearest friends is from your neck of the woods and he makes the trip home prior to the holidays so that we Floridiots can enjoy the local spirits.

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:53
Don't know where he studied, but he's obviously got this thing right..

Ok, Now I'm going over to the CTRL V thread, hit the button, and going to bed...Have a good one Mel/WV/Split.. Good chatting with you guys, see you tomorrow..Hope to be here, sleep well.

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:53

Shane

:smilie39:
I think I too will fix an adult beverage and walk down to the neighbor's house and turn in. (AC is down)
West Virginia, eh?
Per chance is your adult beverage from a local distillery? One of my oldest and dearest friends is from your neck of the woods and he makes the trip home prior to the holidays so that we Floridiots can enjoy the local spirits.
No, not tonight anyway. Portarican Rum.

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 21:55
Yep, time for me to turn in too. Carry on good people. Time for the east coast to turn in and and hand it over to the west coast crowd.

I'm OUT.

MxDiver
08-08-2007, 22:40
Well I have to says I like were this thread is going, much more laid back than you know where.

dmdoss
08-08-2007, 22:51
Oh man, not this issue again.....:smilie39::smilie39:

MxDiver
08-08-2007, 22:55
Well 50 posts and I don't think five of them touch the subject that isn't so bad

dmdoss
08-08-2007, 23:04
OK, do I need to tell ya?

MxDiver
08-08-2007, 23:08
No, wait let me guess.........MOF?

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 07:02
Morning, This cup of joe is slow to work this morning.

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 07:14
Well 50 posts and I don't think five of them touch the subject that isn't so bad
It is designed not to have a particular subject matter but rather it is a tool for folks to chat and make friends, plan diving excursions together, first time meetings, parties, etc.

Realistically, one can spend only a finite amount of time answering new posts. This is a rather small percentage for the terminal board "user". Then you can come here and get the rest of your fix. A place where time stands still .............till somone screams at you to mow the grass, fix the car or go to work you bum.:smilie39::smiley2:

Guilty as charged.:smiley13::smilie39:

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 11:59
Wow, it's hot out there. Grass mowed. Anyone here today??

No Misses
08-09-2007, 12:20
NMOF.
Just never got into that habit. I'm with split lip on this one. The mask is in my hand or hanging on forearm until time to splash. It stays on, until I am out of the water (99.999% boat dives). If you choose to wear MOF, no worries. If I have gas left in my tank, I"ll go retrieve it for you :-)

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 12:22
NMOF.
Just never got into that habit. I'm with split lip on this one. The mask is in my hand or hanging on forearm until time to splash. It stays on, until I am out of the water (99.999% boat dives). If you choose to wear MOF, no worries. If I have gas left in my tank, I"ll go retrieve it for you :-)At a price, of course.:smilie39:

Centerius
08-09-2007, 12:27
I've been NMOF in the water (Like No Misses, I usually always have my mask on anyway), but if I'm out of the water and need to quickly do something I'll go MOF.

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 12:37
I've been NMOF in the water (Like No Misses, I usually always have my mask on anyway), but if I'm out of the water and need to quickly do something I'll go MOF.
Are you studying Marine Biology??

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 12:47
What, 100+ and still a guppy :smiley11: what gives?

Vercingetorix
08-09-2007, 12:51
Love it or hate it, it nevers goes away. Actually I'm surprised it has been this long and someone hasn't already started it.
See this thread started long ago (http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=930)

Centerius
08-09-2007, 12:51

Nope, I got my BS in Physics, and I'm getting my Ph.D in Applied Mathematics.

Vercingetorix
08-09-2007, 12:52
What, 100+ and still a guppy :smiley11: what gives?250, mate

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 12:53

Nope, I got my BS in Physics, and I'm getting my Ph.D in Applied Mathematics.
Oh you have a big brain. Good for you.

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 12:54
So what's at the top of the food chain and long does it take to get there?

Vercingetorix
08-09-2007, 12:55
So what's at the top of the food chain and long does it take to get there?Nobody knows, and Larry's not telling. I started another thread a while ago in which participants suggested alternate rankings.

Did you see the previous thread about MOF/NMOF?

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 12:57
See this thread started long ago (http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=930) Thanks for sharing this Rick, this is hilarious, I read the original post and I will go back and read the rest as I go.

Too funny.:smilie39::smilie39: This dmdoss is quite the character.

Foo2
08-09-2007, 13:00
See this thread started long ago (http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=930)

:blahblah: I'm a newbie to diving and this subject already make me want to...:CI06R376:

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 13:03

:blahblah: I'm a newbie to diving and this subject already make me want to...:CI06R376:
Good for you, you have progressed well and are on your way.:smiley36:

Disneymom
08-09-2007, 13:04

I'm with you, foo2.

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 13:09

:blahblah: I'm a newbie to diving and this subject already make me want to...:CI06R376:And there's another.:smilie39:

I'm with you, foo2.

thor
08-09-2007, 15:57
Great Ceasar's Ghost! Is this discussions back. We need to get the little woman from Poltergeist to clean this thread once and for all.

Oh, and I go both ways. As far as MOF or NMOF is concerned. Depends on who I'm with.

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 16:14
Great Ceasar's Ghost! Is this discussions back. We need to get the little woman from Poltergeist to clean this thread once and for all.

Oh, and I go both ways. As far as MOF or NMOF is concerned. Depends on who I'm with. Tell us what you really think Thor. :smilie39: This is a new one on me, the revolving door thing I mean. What's it matter who you are with?

Keep that woman away from me. AAHHHHHHH............:smiley29:

Is this where the lightning bolt comes out of nowhere and destroys something with a big flash of light and thunder?

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 17:59
I think we discuss that which should not to be spokenof, less here than on the anti thread.

thor
08-09-2007, 18:11

Oh, and I go both ways. As far as MOF or NMOF is concerned. Depends on who I'm with. Tell us what you really think Thor. :smilie39: This is a new one on me, the revolving door thing I mean. What's it matter who you are with?

When I have taken courses, or dived certain areas, I am sometimes with mask Nazis who insist that I have broken some ancient vow if I even attempt to put my mask slightly above my eyes. Out of respect, and because it obviously means more to them than to me, when I am in those places or with those people, I wear my mask down.

When I am in the ocean, and I am with a DM who barely cares if I make it back onto the boat, much less how I wear my mask ( or even if I have a mask) I wear MOF.

When I am getting pounded by waves, surf, etc., I wear it over my eyes, stick my snorkel in my mouth and pray for salvation.

IMHO I really don't care how people wear their gear as long as they don't wear my gear.

I was a lifeguard for years and it is really easy to spot someone in distress. They're usually the ones shouting. And if they are not shouting, then they are sinking.

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 18:20

When I am in the ocean, and I am with a DM who barely cares if I make it back onto the boat, much less how I wear my mask ( or even if I have a mask) I wear MOF. I know this guy, he is bad news.

[/quote]IMHO I really don't care how people wear their gear as long as they don't wear my gear. [/quote] Me either.

[/quote] I was a lifeguard for years and it is really easy to spot someone in distress. They're usually the ones shouting. And if they are not shouting, then they are sinking.[/quote]
BINGO you win the prize. Why do people think that you are dying when you are obviously fine. I am a NMOF just to avoid those idiots that feel the need to point out that it is on my forehead. It annoys me greatly.

brandon
08-09-2007, 21:05
I like mask on neck. Can we have a MON thread?

We can call it Jolly-Mon!

-B.

WV Diver
08-09-2007, 21:16
Brandon, what's up?

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 17:14
Okay, now that the 250 thing is way behind me, who wants to kick back and enjoy a little BS session with a cold adult beverage. We can talk about diving or just solve some of the worlds problems.

Who needs flash chat anyway?

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 17:18
You know 911 is just around the corner.

tedtim
09-09-2007, 19:30
Mask perferences only please.:smiley2:Darn comupter is not working too well this evening. Duplicate post.

tedtim
09-09-2007, 19:30
Mask perferences only please.:smiley2:Black skirt. Not just for my mask, but to look at too.

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 19:31
Mask perferences only please.:smiley2:Black skirt. Not just for my mask, but to look at too.Hey Tim of Canada. Good to see you.

tedtim
09-09-2007, 19:33
Hey Tim of Canada. Good to see you.You can see me. Where is the camera? Is my hair messy? I went diving this afternoon and now need an internet fix.

Ted

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 19:35
Mask perferences only please.:smiley2:Darn comupter is not working too well this evening. Duplicate post.
No worries, they don't count anyway.

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 19:36
Hey Tim of Canada. Good to see you.You can see me. Where is the camera? Is my hair messy? I went diving this afternoon and now need an internet fix.

Ted
I would venture a guess that you do all cold water diving? Where did you dive today?

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 19:38
Hair looks good to me.

tedtim
09-09-2007, 19:53
[quote=WV Diver;48540I would venture a guess that you do all cold water diving? Where did you dive today?[/quote]Cold is all relative. I was in the St. Lawrence today just off of Prescott, Ontario. Water temp was 68F. I was wearing my 5 mil wetsuit. It was actually warmer in the water than on the surface because of the rain.

tedtim
09-09-2007, 19:54
Hair looks good to me.My wife thanks you. I just could not wear a dive skin that looks like that.

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 19:56
68f isn't bad at all. I dive in that enough.

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 20:02
I have a friend in Peace River, are you familiar?

tedtim
09-09-2007, 20:14
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:
From Ottawa to Peace River is approximately 1360 miles. I am sure that I flew through there one time many years ago when I was in the military.

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 20:15
ok, I'm out of here. Good night to all. Carry on.

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 20:15
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:
From Ottawa to Peace River is approximately 1360 miles. I am sure that I flew through there one time many years ago when I was in the military.Wow, I'm closer to you than that.

scubajane
11-25-2007, 17:42
well i keep finding new threads that are interesting and educational and also offer me the opportunity to share my opinions. I dont wear my mask on my forehead or around my neck. It is on my face for diving and on a carabeaner on my BC at all other times. I've tried it over my wrist but that just bangs my mask around.

94GTStang
11-25-2007, 19:18
On my forehead. Not going to do my eyes much good facing behind me. Plus it takes too much thought to put it around the front of my face if I needed.

reeldive
01-02-2008, 10:30
http://forum.scubatoys.com/customprofilepics/profilepic1144_1.gif

Hard to see the viewfinder on my camera. But hey! Someone's got to do it right?

UCFKnightDiver
01-02-2008, 11:48
I wear my mask on my forehead mof it easy that way to me unless of course I am in heavy seas

Clanggedin
01-02-2008, 12:20
I was told in my first pool class not to wear my mask on my forehead by the instructor. He told us REAL DIVERS wear the mask around their neck when it's not on their face.

I guess it's MOF for me since I'm not a REAL DIVER yet until I am certified.

Goober
01-02-2008, 16:09
:smilie39:I got so sick of hearing "are you a diver in distress!!??" in OW, I think that sometimes I wear it on my forehead out of pure spite:smiley36:

CaribbeanDiver
01-02-2008, 16:26
I am a black and white kinda guy. To me, there is right and there is wrong. Seems simple, seems easy to keep straight. Dont give the thumbs up underwater, that is a sign to end the dive, not a sign that you are excited or ok with something.
Dont wear your mask on your forehead, it signals other divers that there is a problem. Although, it often just signals that the wearer is not willing to follow all the safety rules. But then again, that is probably because he/she is unaware of all the safety rules.
I have dived with many people from many countries and many places within our Great Country. The one thing I have noticed is that those who are good divers are those that tend to follow the safety rules. Generally speaking, those who are less than good divers are those that tend to be less that diligent in following the safety rules.
Now that is not to imply that I am a good diver; it is more to imply that I am a black and white kinda guy and I do what has been taught as the right way, if possible.
I would never put my mask on my forehead unless I was in distress. Even then, in distress, I doubt if putting my mask on my forehead would be a priority.