PDA

View Full Version : Tablerock Video

mm2002
07-01-2008, 11:01
I tried my hand at doing a video yesterday (no video camera, just my point-n-shoot). It was my first try, and it kinda sucks, but enjoy anyway! BTW, the reason my wife keeps doing the OK signal is she thought I was trying to take her pic. She didn't figure out until well into the dive that I was taking video. It was pretty funny actually! Hope ya don't mind the Gilmour music, I'm a huge fan of his!Scuba Diving Videos Tablerock Lake 6/30/08 Scuba Videos (http://www.scubadivingtube.com/play.php?vid=538)

cummings66
07-01-2008, 14:41
Looks green to me, but still fun.

ScubaToys Larry
07-01-2008, 15:30
We're having some issues with his video... we're going to try some other stuff and see if we can smooth it out....

cummings66
07-01-2008, 15:56
Maybe those things I thought odd were the issues you speak of. Green though is normal there right now.

dive10killer
07-01-2008, 16:31
It's still better viz than what I have been diving

skdvr
07-01-2008, 17:16
Cool bro, I am looking forward to diving there next week...

Thanks for sharing...

Phil

mm2002
07-01-2008, 17:51
Maybe those things I thought odd were the issues you speak of. Green though is normal there right now.

Yeah, it's more like a slide show than a vid. It really is a video, I promise! :smiley36:
We're working on the problem. I think it was the codec I used. It works ok except in the tube site. We'll get it fixed up though.

Phil, I'm looking forward to next week!

cummings66
07-01-2008, 18:53
I'm halfway temped to do a dive there this coming Sunday. I haven't quite decided on it for sure, but I am thinking of it.

mm2002
07-01-2008, 19:47
I think the vid is fixed now. Still sucks, but sucks a lot less than it did! :smiley36:

Matt, let me know a couple of days in advance, and I can likely do Sunday.

character157
07-01-2008, 21:53
Video looks great-reminds me of Lake George up here in Upstate New York. Green is the way it is.

SteveC
07-01-2008, 23:24
Not bad vis

snagel
07-02-2008, 05:39
Nice job, Mark. I thought the music was very good by the way. It looks like things are getting better and better down at TR.

Snagel

mm2002
07-02-2008, 07:51
Thanks guys! Yeah, the vis is really enjoyable once you find it. I have found that it has forced the wife and I to spend more time a little deeper, which has really increased our comfort level. In the past, we'd go down to 40-50, but we wouldn't stay very long. The majority of the dives were spent playing around at 25-30. Now, we can hang out at 35-50 for extended times, and it's really nice.
I actually learned a lot of things on this dive, maybe some of you can relate. I have struggled with diving with the wife, and I usually find myself not enjoying the dive so much as I'm constantly checking to make sure she's ok. On this dive, for the first time I spent a lot of time watching her in the water, and ya know, she's a pretty damn good diver! I guess I never realized exactly how comfortable she is down there. I don't think I'll worry quite as much from now on! Another thing is that when you're shooting video, time gets away from you real quick. It's easy to get focused on the vid and forget about everything else. About 18 minutes into the video, you can see where I checked my spg. At that point we had been in the water over 30 minutes, and I'd only used 1000psi! Evidentially, focusing on taking video drastically reduced my air consumption. I'm kind of an air hog, and I can usually burn through more than half a tank in 30 minutes. I was shocked to see how much air I still had! Overall, another stepping stone, and a great learning experience.

snagel
07-02-2008, 16:10
Sounds like you are getting more and more comfortable. This is what I call the "experience factor". By the way, I have dove with you and your wife and yes, she is a good diver. Seems very relaxed, but I understand exactly how you feel. I think I would be so paranoid if my wife was diving. My son at one time tried diving and I really thought I wanted him to dive, but he had issues with his ears. I think having him dive would probably create a lot anxiety for me.

Snagel

mm2002
07-02-2008, 17:36
Sounds like you are getting more and more comfortable. This is what I call the "experience factor". By the way, I have dove with you and your wife and yes, she is a good diver. Seems very relaxed, but I understand exactly how you feel. I think I would be so paranoid if my wife was diving. My son at one time tried diving and I really thought I wanted him to dive, but he had issues with his ears. I think having him dive would probably create a lot anxiety for me.

Snagel

Yep, anxiety is exactly what it is. I love my little wifey, and sometimes I worry about her too much. Honestly, some the most relaxing dives I've done to date were with brad, you and stevec. Other than a couple of shallow solos, that was my first dives without the wife. All of you guys are way more experienced than me, so I guess I had nothing to worry about! It was nice!