PDA

View Full Version : CSSP July 4th-6th

chace_nicole
07-01-2008, 13:28
Anyone diving CSSP this weekend?

Ryanh1801
07-01-2008, 13:49
I'm thinking ill be out their on the 4th nice and early.

Vercingetorix
07-01-2008, 13:53
The 4th is out. How about Sat(5th) or Sun(6th)?

chace_nicole
07-01-2008, 14:35
I'm most likely coming down there early friday, staying overnight and diving again sat.

TxScubaBear
07-01-2008, 16:29
Tempting since it is an off-day......
I can be real tempted if I know it'll be more than just "me" out there....

Vercingetorix
07-01-2008, 18:03
The wife asked me earlier today if I was diving this weekend; I replied "no". I may have to rethink that answer. Now, I just need to convince her that a diver with the name Chace_Nicole is a GUY.:smiley36:

TxScubaBear
07-01-2008, 18:25
Tell her yer divin' with a "bear" as well......
I'm already lining up my gear.....my honey's staying home since we're keeping the grand kids overnight that night, she wants to be prepared for that event......twin 3.5 yr old grand-daughters.....

chace_nicole
07-01-2008, 20:21
The wife asked me earlier today if I was diving this weekend; I replied "no". I may have to rethink that answer. Now, I just need to convince her that a diver with the name Chace_Nicole is a GUY.:smiley36:

Oh, I'm harmless ;)

Chace

Illini_Fan
07-01-2008, 20:32
My son and I will be there Sunday if our current plans hold up -- not sure what time yet.

Vercingetorix
07-01-2008, 20:45
Oh, I'm harmless ;)

ChaceDarn...:smiley36:

Tell her yer divin' with a "bear" as well......
I'm already lining up my gear.....Roger that.

TxScubaBear
07-02-2008, 06:51
Not sure where to set up as I've never been there before..ideas??
I'll be in a red Ford Ranger "Edge", looking at an aerial photo now (Clear Springs Scuba Park Aerial Panoramic Photography (http://hawkeyemedia.com/panos/ClearSprings.asp)) trying to decide, so I am open for ideas unless y'all are going to be there 10-ish like I try to plan to be, then we can just decide there.

They ARE open the 4th, I received an email from Tim last night.

Vercingetorix
07-02-2008, 07:33
Because Chace will be there Friday night, she may want to set-up near the restroom facilities. That dive-site, though, is far from any of the interesting stuff.

TxScubaBear, the airplane is at the far end of the left fork. For a new guy to the park, that's the most interesting dive. However, those two pavilions are used by dive classes, mostly Rescue.

If you want to hang around with the newest ST divers, which is fun, the ST pavilion is at the end of the right fork. You can see it on the photo. You can talk with the students between dives.

Also along the right side, almost to the ST pavilion is The Wall and Sisco (the Shark). This area provides the most variety of things to see.

Wear a 5mm. I wear a 3mm, because that's all I own. Below the thermocline is 68 degrees.

TxScubaBear
07-02-2008, 08:23
Thanks for the heads up on the 5mm, was going to bring a 3mm, also thanks for the correction on the time.....

chace_nicole
07-02-2008, 20:05
I'm leaving out of OKC around 5am & will meet you guys wherever you decide to set up.

I have to rent a tank there (ST closed friday, talked to Larry). Staying in a hotel Friday night, not sure if diving saturday as I have non-diving friends coming along.

They are shopping while I am diving. We plan on going to ST Sat morning & I will see about diving Sat from there.

See you guys there...can't wait!

TxScubaBear
07-02-2008, 20:10
Tanks are only like $13 according to the CSSP site....
Field trip to ST will be fun! You'll love it.

chace_nicole
07-02-2008, 20:55
Tanks are only like $13 according to the CSSP site....
Field trip to ST will be fun! You'll love it.

Yep...I've got a couple gift certificates to use!:smiley20:

cowgirldiver
07-02-2008, 21:21
Yes, I rented tanks last week. They are $13 and $8 for fills. It's certainly nicer than hauling a tank all the way down from OKC (which I did when I went to San Marcos) and then you have to try and get it back to them sometime.

kenneth.hall@voith.com
07-02-2008, 22:29
Toni and I would love to go but we have our motorhome set up at Broken Bow Lake for the 4th. If the rain and storms come this far south we may load up and go to Terrell.
I go to Forney once a week on business so I drove by cssp last week to check it out. Hope to dive there soon.

Kenny:smilie39::smilie39:

texdiveguy
07-02-2008, 23:35
I probably will be out at CSSP over the weekend for a few dips......will be to crowded on the lakes.

texdiveguy
07-03-2008, 09:29
I probably will be out at CSSP over the weekend for a few dips......will be to crowded on the lakes.What does your vehicle look like, so we can find you? I'll be in a dark blue Nissan Altima (plates: DIVES).

I drive a gray Ford Focus wagon.

Illini_Fan
07-03-2008, 09:47
Alan -- are you heading out Sat or Sun? Do you know yet?

jbanks27
07-03-2008, 10:59
For those of you who haven't been to CSSP in the last few weeks. Depths above 21' were about 80-85 degrees. When taking the classes down to the wonderful 40' mark, it dropped only to about 72-74 degrees. A 3mm shorty is fin for the shallower dives. If you go down to the 40's a 3mm to 5mm full will be good.

Vis during the morning has been great, but the late afernoon blooms, and all the divers in the hydrilla, were creating a great cloud down below.

Have fun and be safe.

We'll be at the ST pavilion on Sat and Sun with a class. Hope to see you around.

TxScubaBear
07-03-2008, 12:10
Thanks for the update!

TxScubaBear
07-03-2008, 17:58
I'll be there Friday, not Saturday......Saturday is spoil the grandkids day for us this weekend!
Friday I'll be in Red Ford Ranger

Ryanh1801
07-03-2008, 18:19
Ill be their Friday at 10, over on the east side pavilion. Ill be in a Red Camaro.

PlatypusMan
07-03-2008, 18:44
We'll be at the ST pavilion on Sat and Sun with a class. Hope to see you around.

You're working the OW class too? :smiley20:

I'm in for 8am Saturday and Sunday, barring anything wild happening; looking to get another DM sign-off done this weekend after talking to Don (and Tom via Don) about it.

Do we still have 16 students this class?

PPM

chace_nicole
07-03-2008, 20:01
I'm in friday for sure. A Sat or Sun dive is a maybe right now.

I have friends dropping me off friday morning in a silver Mercury Mountaineer, Oklahoma tag so I will just have to look for you guys.

I plan on hanging out there most of the day & dining at the fine snack bar for lunch since I will have no transportation until I call for my ride :smiley36: they will be shopping or hitting Speed Zone in Dallas.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

TxScubaBear
07-03-2008, 20:06
Ill be their Friday at 10, over on the east side pavilion. Ill be in a Red Camaro.

as you go in- veer left or right?

Ryanh1801
07-03-2008, 20:11

as you go in- veer left or right?

Right, its a pavilion with a bunch of tree's around it.

Illini_Fan
07-03-2008, 20:15
OK. So who will be there Saturday, 5 July (I know a couple are arriving on Friday and staying):

- Me
- TxScubaBear -- Friday only; not Saturday
- chace_nicole
- texdiveguy
- illini_fan
- ryanh1801(?)

Please correct my list.

Chace, I think you get there first on Friday; what does your car look like and what's the license plate? Mine is a dark blue Nissan Altima, license DIVES

Once we have the roster, we can swap cell phone numbers via PMs

Correction -- I will there on Sunday -- my son will be joining me. Probably get there around 10am and go the left side.

TxScubaBear
07-03-2008, 20:34
Roger that, I see it here Clear Springs Scuba Park Aerial Panoramic Photography (http://hawkeyemedia.com/panos/ClearSprings.asp)

I'll PM you with my phone number!
thanks Ryan

Harry

texdiveguy
07-03-2008, 20:50
OK. So who will be there Saturday, 5 July (I know a couple are arriving on Friday and staying):

- Me
- TxScubaBear -- Friday only; not Saturday
- chace_nicole
- texdiveguy
- illini_fan
- ryanh1801(?)

Please correct my list.

Chace, I think you get there first on Friday; what does your car look like and what's the license plate? Mine is a dark blue Nissan Altima, license DIVES

Correction -- I will there on Sunday -- my son will be joining me. Probably get there around 10am and go the left side.

THANKS for the list.... I will be out at CSSP on Friday and maybe Sunday.

TxScubaBear
07-03-2008, 21:04
Looks like the pavilion on the right side that Ryan mentioned will be our gathering place....if it's got shade for off-gassing I'm in on that!!!
Texdiveguy- what time you coming??

Geoff_T
07-03-2008, 21:13
I would love to head out there for a couple of dives tomorrow but I need a buddy if anybody wants in at this late houre pm me or reply here I will be poping in and out the rest of the night. Can only dive the 4th though have a booking for the 5th and 6th.

TxScubaBear
07-03-2008, 21:18
C'mon out and join us, there'll be at least 4 I think so far

Ryanh1801
07-03-2008, 21:24
I would love to head out there for a couple of dives tomorrow but I need a buddy if anybody wants in at this late houre pm me or reply here I will be poping in and out the rest of the night. Can only dive the 4th though have a booking for the 5th and 6th.

Im sure you will have no problem finding someone to dive with.

Geoff_T
07-03-2008, 21:29
cool I will be there with the wife and my black chevy cobalt feel free to come up and introduce yourself.

Vercingetorix
07-04-2008, 12:16

- Me -- Saturday only maybe
- TxScubaBear -- Friday only
- chace_nicole -- Friday; maybe Saturday/Sunday
- texdiveguy -- Friday & Sunday
- illini_fan -- Sunday only
- ryanh1801 -- Friday; Sat/Sun(?)
- novalyne -- unable to attend
- Geoff_t -- Friday only
- Kenneth & Toni Hall -- Saturday only

Please correct my list.

Mine is a dark blue Nissan Altima, license DIVES

novalyne
07-04-2008, 12:50
Rick, it was great meeting you last night at the Scubadillos meeting. I appreciate you taking the time to talk to the "newbie".

I just finished a long round of phone calls. Long story short - since I just certified last weekend and don't have my C-card, I have to get a temporary card, and my instructor is out of the country. There are no instructors available at the dive shop today, so nobody can issue me a temporary card. Robert at Clear Springs was super nice and sympathetic but bottom line is - no card, no diving...:smiley19:

I am going to try to come out with my friend next weekend while she's back in town and I'll be coming out by myself for the Scubadillo's day on the 19th. Hopefully I'll see you out there one of those weekends!

-Deborah

kenneth.hall@voith.com
07-04-2008, 13:39
My wife Toni and I will be there Saturday morning. I drive a Chevy Trailblazer with OK tag. What time do you start?

Vercingetorix
07-04-2008, 16:40
My wife Toni and I will be there Saturday morning. I drive a Chevy Trailblazer with OK tag. What time do you start?Great to have you here. CSSP opens at 8 AM. Plan on it being crowded (usual weekend crowd is about 200 to 300 per day). I just lost my dive buddy, and it appears there may be none that I can confirm; therefore, I may not be there Saturday.

TxScubaBear
07-04-2008, 18:32
Was a super time today (Friday)!! Was really great putting faces with the names here and the dives were awesome! Overall I had a blast, looking forward to the 11th now!
Oh yeah, if you're going to do some bottom time I'd go with a 5mm, hood and gloves.....I wore a 3mm, no hood but had gloves and still was chilly!!!

Bigg_Budd
07-04-2008, 19:31
I'll be out there tomorrow morning...

Ryanh1801
07-04-2008, 19:52
Great diving today everyone, good to meet everyone, now if I could have only kept the group together. What a way to celebrate the 4th! :smiley32:

texdiveguy
07-04-2008, 22:21
I had a blast.....what a great group of folks to dive and hang out with!! :)

TxScubaBear
07-05-2008, 06:31
Great diving today everyone, good to meet everyone, now if I could have only kept the group together. What a way to celebrate the 4th! :smiley32:

Gonna start calling you Speedy!!! (as in Speedy Gonzalez)

chace_nicole
07-05-2008, 11:05
It was great meeting all of you!!! Great diving too! :smiley20:

Geoff your gloves saved my lil blue fingers...thank you!! I agree w/Harry about the 5mil, gloves, & hood if you chill easily, it was chilly at about 40'.

Geoff_T
07-05-2008, 23:41
It was great meeting all of you!!! Great diving too! :smiley20:

Geoff your gloves saved my lil blue fingers...thank you!! I agree w/Harry about the 5mil, gloves, & hood if you chill easily, it was chilly at about 40'.

No problem, glad I could help. I would also say that my gloves and hood were one of the best dive buys I ever made.

TxScubaBear
07-09-2008, 10:59
Pictures/video posted now

StarGazer03_05/CSSP 7-4-08 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/StarGazer03_05/CSSP%207-4-08/)

:smilie40:

Coaster
07-11-2008, 18:55
Pictures/video posted now

StarGazer03_05/CSSP 7-4-08 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/StarGazer03_05/CSSP%207-4-08/)

:smilie40:

Thanks..enjoyed the images.