PDA

View Full Version : Who's diving the 4th weekend?

snagel
07-02-2008, 05:46
Holiday weekend coming up anybody diving or are you spending it topside? I'm heading to Northern Iowa for a family reunion. I actually checked around to see if there was any diving in the area I'm going (except the Mississippi - I heard there's a lot of water up there). But, my wife would absolutely kill me if I made a dive trip out of a family reunion. Better save that @ss chewing for something better. Seems kinda strange that I have to burn a vacation day for something other than diving.

Snagel

BuzzF117
07-02-2008, 08:12
Well my wife should be a certified OW diver by noon on July 4

PepeDiver
07-02-2008, 10:40
wish I could get in a dive. driving down to arkansas to meet up with my mom to get my daughter back from her...she's been with her since Saturday. Sucks driving past all those lakes between here and Clinton, AR and not being able to stop.

skdvr
07-02-2008, 10:43
Where at in Northern Ia are you going. My inlaws are in Norther Ia and there is some good diving on Lake Okoboji. There will be LOTS of boat traffic up there that weekend though. There is a dive op up there called Blue Water Divers, they are in Arnold's Park right on the lake...

Phil

snagel
07-02-2008, 16:02
I'm actually going to be in a small town called Waukon, IA. It's in the far NE corner of the state - 20 miles from Minnisota and 20 miles from Wisconsin.

Yes, I looked at Lake Okoboji and thought I needed to get up there some time. Looked like fun. Unfortionately, I can't even think about diving this weekend. It's my family and if I left my wife with my family while I went on a dive, I probably would have a very quite and cold ride home.

Where exactly is Lake Okaboji?

Snagel

harb99
07-02-2008, 16:09
rented 2 tanks on Monday, plan on playing in the pool for a bit, but too busy to go anywhere and dive - family coming in for Friday/Sat. and hitting the Cards/Cubs game on Sunday - may run over to Mermet Springs on Monday afternoon if i can sneak out of work - I would like to get a couple of dives in before we leave for Bonaire next Friday :)

skdvr
07-02-2008, 17:49
Where exactly is Lake Okaboji?

Snagel

Here is the Google Earth locator location to Arnold's Park, where the dive shop is.. The satalite images from this area really stink, but you get the idea...

snagel
07-03-2008, 05:50
Thanks Phil,

I will definately have to check it out some time, probably not this trip. It's probably not too far from where I'm going. Move over to the NE corner and that will be where I'm at.

Thanks again,

Snagel

mm2002
07-03-2008, 16:34
Man, I'm sorry to hear you can't dive this weekend Snagel! Tell ya what, I'll send you some dive pics of some of the crappiest vis we can find! Will that help ease your pain?

Geoff_T
07-03-2008, 17:04
I will be diving tomorrow at cssp or another dfw area lake if I can find a buddy anybody interisted pm me i will log back on after I come home from the scubadillo meeting.

Vegas
07-03-2008, 17:10
going diving in Lake Mead....in about...um...1 hour and 45 minutes! :smiley20:

navyhmc
07-03-2008, 17:15
Not me. :( I will be keeping the streets of Wichita safe for humanity this holiday weekend. :(

mm2002
07-03-2008, 17:42
Not me. :( I will be keeping the streets of Wichita safe for humanity this holiday weekend. :(

You go man. You must speak some pretty good Spanish, eh?

CompuDude
07-03-2008, 18:23
I have a dive scheduled for Sunday, but I'm really hoping to find someone to get wet and sandy with some other time this weekend, because it'd be a real shame to only get one dive (day) in on a 4 day weekend.

snagel
07-03-2008, 18:31
Man, maybe I'll get to the hotel and fill the tub with water - do you think that counts? If the hotel had a pool I might of packed the dive gear.

Snagel

Dark Wolf
07-03-2008, 21:17
Sorry to hear about your bad luck, snagel. I am planning on Stockton Lake on Friday, and Oronogo Saturday and Sunday.

DW

cummings66
07-03-2008, 22:54
I'm not sure I'm diving this weekend either. My buddy has to work and isn't sure when he's available.

fisheater
07-04-2008, 01:27
The sun, moon and the stars lined up and I'll be diving on Saturday with my club, North Coast Divers, at Ocean Cove on the Sonoma (CA) coast.

navyhmc
07-04-2008, 03:17

You go man. You must speak some pretty good Spanish, eh?

Silencio por favor...Sietese por favor...Donde esta dolar? That's about all I know that works on the streets.

Now in Coz, I know the two most important phrases: Dos Cervesa por favor and Donde esta Banyo?

:D

snagel
07-04-2008, 04:27
Sorry to hear about your bad luck, snagel. I am planning on Stockton Lake on Friday, and Oronogo Saturday and Sunday.

DW

You guys are killing me!!!!!

SteveC
07-05-2008, 01:36
Go for it dude…. pack your gear. If she gives you any lip, threaten to cut her off….
Did I mention that me and Jim are heading to New Melle tomorrow?

snagel
07-05-2008, 09:02
Well, I'm sitting in Waukon, IA. Spent the evening with my cousins doing the firework thing. Big party tonight and picnic tomorrow. The gills are drying out and there doesn't seem to be any water in Northern Iowa. I thought this place was flooded?

Have fun at New Melle - Dogs!!!!!

Snagel

mm2002
07-05-2008, 11:36
Hey, look on the bright side....this will give your gear a chance to air out a bit. :smiley36: