PDA

View Full Version : Uk C8 Led

THT98
08-08-2007, 22:01
Just curious if anyone has any experience with this light?

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=UKC8eledPlus

I've had my eye on it, and am considering it over the light cannon.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

NitroWill
08-08-2007, 22:04
I own this light.

It is a good solid light. It is much whiter and brighter then any of their standard lights. But of course, not as bright as the HID..Battery life is very good, I change it after every 6-8 dives.

For the price, it is a good solid light and Im quite happy with it!

Edit: I see that the link was for the c8 eLed Plus -- the above is for the c8 eled..The plus shouldnt be any different, just brighter though..

TxHockeyGuy
08-08-2007, 22:30
I own this light.

It is a good solid light. It is much whiter and brighter then any of their standard lights. But of course, not as bright as the HID..Battery life is very good, I change it after every 6-8 dives.

For the price, it is a good solid light and Im quite happy with it!

Edit: I see that the link was for the c8 eLed Plus -- the above is for the c8 eled..The plus shouldnt be any different, just brighter though..

I have the plus, the biggest difference is that the plus is regulated. Which means it will output at the same power until it can't any longer and then it drops to very dim. It also does not last as long underwater but is more powerful. I was trying to decide between this light and the Light Cannon but chose this one because I wanted the LED durability and it was good enough for my uses.

DivingsInMyBlood
08-08-2007, 22:35
It looks like a solid light.

cummings66
08-08-2007, 22:55
It's pretty bright actually. I dove with a buddy who had one. It't not as bright as my 24 watt HID but it's definitely a good usable light.

Phestr
08-08-2007, 22:58
I have the PLus, and my friend dives the Canon. His is very nice, very bright, but not as white. Comparing the two, the level of light is not worth the extra money. And remember, that difference in price will compound with every bulb you have to buy.

thesmoothdome
08-08-2007, 23:04
I have the PLus, and my friend dives the Canon. His is very nice, very bright, but not as white. Comparing the two, the level of light is not worth the extra money. And remember, that difference in price will compound with every bulb you have to buy.

At $75.00 a bulb, that's definately true, but a HID bulb should last about 1000hours.