PDA

View Full Version : apology for my baaaad spelling

jimmysdevoted
07-05-2008, 20:50
I am here to apologize for my really bad typing. I am dyslexic and often I get the keys backwards when I am typing. Also I have a busted thumb which doesn't help anything.. But I do apologize to all of you who have tried and did well to decopher my spelling.......
Thank you for your patience......

julie

mselizann
07-05-2008, 21:15
No problems here- how did you hurt your thumb?

jimmysdevoted
07-05-2008, 21:45
I developed small fractures in the knuckle and it calcifed to a small ball so my thumb is numb and in a semi permanent curve.. they say it happens in diabetics frequently..

mselizann
07-06-2008, 10:17
huh! well, take care of yourself

ScubaJ
07-06-2008, 12:30
No worries at all. I've seen much worse. :smiley2:

Sasha_K
07-06-2008, 12:54
I've seen much worse on various tech forums, so don't even worry about it!

IrishSquid
07-06-2008, 19:45
I am here to apologize for my really bad typing. I am dyslexic and often I get the keys backwards when I am typing. Also I have a busted thumb which doesn't help anything.. But I do apologize to all of you who have tried and did well to decopher my spelling.......
Thank you for your patience......

julie

Knot uh prahblim atall.
Did you mean, decipher your spelling? :smiley36:

ScubaToys Larry
07-06-2008, 20:46
Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable (http://www.firefox.com) built in spell checker for anything you are going to post.

diver 85
07-09-2008, 15:13
Ever use spell check???.......

jimmysdevoted
07-09-2008, 17:05
thanks for all the input..
If I use forum spell checkers it freezes my system. at best I get about a 40 connect......

harb99
07-09-2008, 23:27
If I use forum spell checkers it freezes my system. at best I get about a 40 connect......

try firefox like Larry suggested - it has a built in spell check just like MS word - puts a red underline on any word that it does not recognize

WetHog
07-10-2008, 11:01
If you are a paid poster (as you stated on another thread) you should be able to upgrade to a better system that won't freeze up and/or buy a spellcheck program and write off the costs as a business expense on your taxes.

Just a thought

Charles R
07-10-2008, 11:12
No Problem, I might suggest the little ABC Check mark to the right when you are posting. This will catch most of the spelling errors for you.:smiley20: Another option is to type your replies or new threads in Word spell check and then Cut and Paste here.

ScubaToys Larry
07-10-2008, 13:59

Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable (http://www.Firefox.com)

Crashes less than internet explorer and has built in spell check.

NeveSSL
07-25-2008, 18:39
Definitely check out Firefox, Julie.

Also, I'm from White Pine. :D

Brandon

Bowlofpetunias
07-30-2008, 04:22
Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable (http://www.firefox.com) built in spell checker for anything you are going to post.

Kewl I need that! My fingers and my brain don't always move at the same speed ..... or even on the same continent sometimes! Nice to see someone else with the same problem. It is even better to see you don't get judged HERE by your spelling:smiley20:

livinoz
07-30-2008, 04:56

Kewl I need that! My fingers and my brain don't always move at the same speed ..... or even on the same continent sometimes! Nice to see someone else with the same problem. It is even better to see you don't get judged HERE by your spelling:smiley20:

Firefox 3.0.1 is great, and with adblock plus it's even better!

And I agree, it's nice to be in a forum where discussion occurs, and friendliness and helpfulness appear to be the norm.

sravin1
07-30-2008, 11:32
no worries at all. dont need to apologise.

dogseatmayo
08-01-2008, 15:58
no reeson 2 apologise. no1 mindes :) hope your thumb feels better (but i guess it doesn't feel bad cuz it's numb) lol