PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Brigade or Tech?

mister c
07-06-2008, 21:31
Should I purchase the Zeagle Brigade or go for the Zeagle Tech which comes with a few more accessories. I know the 65lb bladder is overkill in terms of lift, I'm just afraid it might hinder me while diving due to drag or buoyancy issues.

I’m 5’7 and weigh approximately 147lb’s, so I don’t think lift will be problem for me concerning the Brigade, I just want the most comfortable and practical rig in these two units price range.

Also I live in Zephyrhills “Tampa”, FL and will probably due most my diving in the southeastern U.S. or Caribbean, so cold water shouldn’t be an issue concerning lift, even the winter.

The cost differences aren’t much, it just boils down to getting the most for my money.

DOWNDEEP73
07-06-2008, 21:43
Should I purchase the Zeagle Brigade or go for the Zeagle Tech which comes with a few more accessories. I know the 65lb bladder is overkill in terms of lift, I'm just afraid it might hinder me while diving due to drag or buoyancy issues.

I’m 5’7 and weigh approximately 147lb’s, so I don’t think lift will be problem for me concerning the Brigade, I just want the most comfortable and practical rig in these two units price range.

Also I live in Zephyrhills “Tampa”, FL and will probably due most my diving in the southeastern U.S. or Caribbean, so cold water shouldn’t be an issue concerning lift, even the winter.

The cost differences aren’t much, it just boils down to getting the most for my money.
I dive a Zeagle 911. It has a 65lb wing and it dives fine.
But what you have said I think that the Brigade would better suited for you.

fisheater
07-06-2008, 21:52
I have a Brigade, but use a Tech bladder for local diving.

For your diving, I'd be using the Bridade with the original 35# bladder.

texdiveguy
07-06-2008, 23:04
From what you are saying about your dive location/s, and I am assuming you are strictly a recreational diver, the Zeagle Brigade would be a nice platform for your diving.

harb99
07-07-2008, 10:22
another vote for the Brigade - I really like mine

percussionist1
07-07-2008, 11:04
From what you have said above, Brigade all the way!

You will love it!

mister c
07-07-2008, 14:32
Thanks for the help, I purchased the Brigade this morning and I cant wait for it to get here.

Jimmy
07-12-2008, 00:48
I did a lot of online studying before the purchase, and chose the Brigade. Love it WAYYYYYY more than the vests! How's it working for you?