PDA

View Full Version : Do men have different laws..really

jimmysdevoted
07-07-2008, 09:45
My hubby was complaining that he was uncomfortable about being overweight.. and he did this while drinking beer after beer.....

So I ask.. mostly for the wives, girlfriends and other who see a conundrum

do men make up tehir own rules as they go along? If they are on a diet is a 24 pack of Lite beer really going to help?

if an item says lite does that mean they can eat more of it?

If its green is it always nasty and should be shunned like a demon?

If they are worried about their weight why discuss it over junk food then complain?
Oh and if they eat saald or something helathy do they feel the need to act like a two year old who just learned to use the potty and be applauded?

i was just wondering........
julie

Vercingetorix
07-07-2008, 09:47
Yes, madam, there is a double standard. Why do you ask?:smiley36:

jimmysdevoted
07-07-2008, 10:00
No reason......... hehehehehe:smiley36:

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
07-07-2008, 10:19
I find that most people make up their own rules on the fly. I have seen no gender-correlation in my observations.

crosseyed95
07-07-2008, 18:49
My hubby was complaining that he was uncomfortable about being overweight.. and he did this while drinking beer after beer.....

do men make up tehir own rules as they go along? If they are on a diet is a 24 pack of Lite beer really going to help?

If they are worried about their weight why discuss it over junk food then complain?
Oh and if they eat saald or something helathy do they feel the need to act like a two year old who just learned to use the potty and be applauded?

julie

Sorry, but the "Secret Brotherhood of Married Men" does not let us talk about this. As a 19 year member in good standing, I'm allowed to say that and nothing else.

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS: Thursday is bring a new member to poker night. Remember, new members must be married for 2 years and be able tell you exactly how many times they have waited in a mall for their wife to find them. Also, patches are changing so make sure you pick up the new catalog. It will arrive in a brown wrapper (US Mail) as do all other "important" reading materials.

JTMoney
07-08-2008, 15:48
I don't think complaining about being out of shape while still eating unhealthy is limited to men. I think most people would rather complain about it/blame it on their genes, than actually change their diet and start eating healthy.

longtailbda
07-08-2008, 15:50

julie

To answer your questions; yes men do make it up as they go along. Just because we think there may be a little to much insulation around our middles and we complain about it, why oh why would we want to give up one of the great joys of life (food).
By the way we 2 year olds have a lot more fun.:smiley9:

MSilvia
07-08-2008, 16:04
do men make up tehir own rules as they go along?

Yes, absolutely.

If they are on a diet is a 24 pack of Lite beer really going to help?

If the alternative is a 24 pack of regular beer, yes.

Yes... unless they're trying to consume fewer calories. More lite food is breaking even.

You might be asking the wrong guy, as I like vegetables, but last time I checked salsa verde, lettuce, margaritas, and certain M&Ms are all green, so... NO.

If it was a woman, I'd say because she just wants you to sympathize. Since it's a man, he might be relying on you to say, "If you're really feeling fat, how about putting down the pork rinds and going for a walk?"

If he wasn't looking for a solution, he wouldn't likely be talking about the problem. It's a man thing.

I like to eat that stuff (as well as just about everything else), so in my case, no. In your hubby's case, the fact that YOU want him to eat that stuff might very well be the only reason he's doing it. If he doesn't feel you're recognizing his effort, what's the point? If you aren't going to applaud him for doing what he doesn't enjoy, not getting applause for doing what he does enjoy is a lot more satisfying.

Vercingetorix
07-08-2008, 18:12
Matt,

You have answered for us all. Well played, sir.
:fulle: