PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle BackPlate???????????

DOWNDEEP73
07-07-2008, 17:25
Scott,
Will the 35# Scout bladder fit the Zeagle SS Backplate?
Thanks!

Aussie
07-07-2008, 17:57
The 34lbs Zeagle All Elastic wing fits a SS backplate. I like its shape ove the 35lbs Scout wing.

Aussie

ScottZeagle
07-08-2008, 09:54
Yes.

:)

waytooslow
07-08-2008, 10:07
now there is and idea... get a scout or other and use the bladder for a BP/W later.

Scott can the brigade bladder be used on BP?

ScottZeagle
07-08-2008, 12:05
Yes.

:)

DOWNDEEP73
07-08-2008, 12:28
Scott,
Which one would you recommend?
34lb All Elastic Bladder -or- 35lb Scout Bladder.
On a SS Backplate......I dive Al80's and HP100's (depending on howmuch gas I need).

Thanks!

ScottZeagle
07-08-2008, 14:58
I like that 34lb all elastic a lot for BPs....unless you are going to be doing wreck penetration, etc.

...cause the elastic cover isn't as tough as the 35lb Stiletto bladder, although you can patch it. :)

DOWNDEEP73
07-08-2008, 15:17
Does the LP Inflator Hose come with the Zeagle Bladders?

Aussie
07-08-2008, 16:44
All the wings I have bought came with the LP inflators.

Its a good idea to get something like the Zeagle Brigade then use the parts when you finally decide to go a backplate. Honestly if you went straight to a backplate you would never go back to a BCD like the brigade again.

I believe you can get the 34lbs all elastic wing on the brigade if you ask Joe and Larry nicely ;)

Aussie

crpntr133
07-08-2008, 21:31
All Zeagle wings will fit the plate. Actually most other brands of wings will also fit the Zeagle plate.
I started out with a Brigade, bought a plate for future doubles and dove the Brigade wing and plate with singles. Now I have bought a used Ranger bladder and am diving doubles with the same plate. Right now the plate is for doubles and the brigade is for singles.

ScaredSilly
07-08-2008, 21:57
A bit of a plug for the all-elastic. I have one that I use on my Zeagle backplate. It makes for a nice little compact open water rig. I highly recommend it. As Scott says it you are going to being hanging around inside wrecks you might something else. Me, I just switch to my doubles and Manta bladder.

DOWNDEEP73
07-08-2008, 22:26
I am a murky water catfish hunter. No plans on wreck diving, but do plan on getting into rocky areas looking in the cracks, the holes, and crevisis. Love to find old submerged trees and logs in the search for "The Big One"!
My question now......is the 34lb All Elastic too fragile for this kind of diving?
Do you think it would be better to have the more durable 35lb bladder?

digital_steve
07-10-2008, 21:43
I am a murky water catfish hunter. No plans on wreck diving, but do plan on getting into rocky areas looking in the cracks, the holes, and crevisis. Love to find old submerged trees and logs in the search for "The Big One"!
My question now......is the 34lb All Elastic too fragile for this kind of diving?
Do you think it would be better to have the more durable 35lb bladder?
Not in my experience
I use a 34lb all elastic wing on a zeagle ss plate and have never had a problem scrabbling in holes and generally abusing it
Still looks like new

One thing i find is the wing keeper clips are a bit annoying and if you want to switch wings a lot be warned that these bolt to the backplate and also have shoulder bits that the harness runs through... not condusive to switching wings quickly

good quality though. chuck a bx inflator on it for easy rinsing as well. niiiice

ScaredSilly
07-11-2008, 09:33
I too found it annoying to thread the harness through the shoulder parts. I cut the elastic a sewed in some hook and pile (aka velcro). Make things much nicer.

Aussie
07-11-2008, 09:40
I too found it annoying to thread the harness through the shoulder parts. I cut the elastic a sewed in some hook and pile (aka velcro). Make things much nicer.

I use the Deluxe harness and have not problem with the shoulder loops.

Aussie