PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Saipan!

Geronimo
08-09-2007, 09:39
Actually, I'm in Korea but I'll be moving to Saipan, in the Northern Marianas Islands within 1 month so...it works for the title.

I'm excited about living somewhere I can dive anytime I want to. It'll be the first time in my life really...I grew up in Iowa and now live on the edge of Seoul, South Korea. about 11 million people and no where to go diving. Stuck in the rat race, for sure. But my wife and I took a vacation to Saipan this last spring and loved it so much we decided to move there.

So, if you're looking for a pacific island to vacation on, consider Saipan. It's a U.S. Territory so you've got all the comforts of home --- U.S. Post office, Tru-Value Hardware stores,etc. And beautifully CLEAR WATER.

unclepooty
08-09-2007, 09:55
Sounds great, keep us posted.

Foo2
08-09-2007, 10:17
Welcome to ST Geronimo! I hope your upcoming move goes great!

Centerius
08-09-2007, 12:54
Welcome to the board!

Harshal
08-09-2007, 12:57
Welcome aboard mate..... r you from Korea or from US but now in Korea?

DivingsInMyBlood
08-09-2007, 20:29
Hello and welcome matey

Geronimo
08-11-2007, 12:27
I'm from Iowa but I moved to Korea about 5 1/2 years ago. So, it feels like I'm about to make the "escape from alcatraz" attempt. After 5 years...will they let me leave?

skdvr
08-11-2007, 15:30
Welcome to the board. What part of Iowa are you from?

Phil

Geronimo
08-13-2007, 06:19
I'm from Muscatine, on the eastern edge. Right on the Mississippi River.

uzzell20
08-14-2007, 18:11
welocme to the board

Bill22
08-14-2007, 22:48
Actually, I'm in Korea but I'll be moving to Saipan, in the Northern Marianas Islands within 1 month so...it works for the title.

I'm excited about living somewhere I can dive anytime I want to. It'll be the first time in my life really...I grew up in Iowa and now live on the edge of Seoul, South Korea. about 11 million people and no where to go diving. Stuck in the rat race, for sure. But my wife and I took a vacation to Saipan this last spring and loved it so much we decided to move there.

So, if you're looking for a pacific island to vacation on, consider Saipan. It's a U.S. Territory so you've got all the comforts of home --- U.S. Post office, Tru-Value Hardware stores,etc. And beautifully CLEAR WATER.

I'd really be interested in hearing more about Saipan... especially after you move there and what the process is like. I'll be retiring from the Navy in four years and am looking for a place to jump ;-) Welcome to the board!

Krakenn
08-14-2007, 22:53
The length and breathe of this world seems very close in this Board.

G'Day M8

All the best

Krakenn