PDA

View Full Version : What's your diet?

JTMoney
07-08-2008, 21:16
We have a what's your fitness program thread, but we know that abs are made in the kitchen. So, how does your diet look?

Typical day for me consists of a few of the following:

Eggs
Tuna
Chicken
Steak
Ground Turkey
Salmon
Oatmeal
Cheerios (occasionally)
Carrots, Brocoli, green beans, various other vegetables
Apples
Bananas
Watermelon and cantalope (again, occasionally)
Cottage cheese
Almonds, peanuts, cashews (lightly salted if at all)

Drinks are water or milk with my protein shakes.

Just vary the recipes used and it's good and doesn't get old. I'll have two to three cheat days a month, but usually not more than that.

coral cowgirl
07-08-2008, 23:16
Super fantastically healthy diet for 6 -8 days in a row...then a chocolate lapse...repeat....

digitalman
07-08-2008, 23:31
McDonalds double cheeseburgers
Fizoli's Fettuccini Alfredo
Pizza
12" Subway sandwiches
I believe you get the picture.

UNTdiver09
07-09-2008, 01:28
have you researched the glycemic index or do you just naturally eat like that?

mselizann
07-09-2008, 07:33
I usually eat breakfast at work- either oatmeal (the kind with fiber and protein added) or a poached egg in a low carb wrap
I snack on fat free yogurt, fruit, or leftover veggies
lunch is usually soup, salad, or leftovers from dinner
dinner- protein, usually fish, chicken, or pork, brown rice, baked potato, or whole wheat pasta, and some kind of veggie with olive oil

now- that being said, I discovered a little food place run by a couple from the West Indies, so I have taken to eating curry and roti for dinner once a week! for this weekend though he promises red snapper with veggies

tonka97
07-09-2008, 07:44
We have a what's your fitness program thread, but we know that abs are made in the kitchen. So, how does your diet look?......................

Vegan

40 years with no animal products

No milk, no fish, no chicken, no exceptions.

diver 85
07-09-2008, 09:19
We have a what's your fitness program thread, but we know that abs are made in the kitchen. So, how does your diet look?

Typical day for me consists of a few of the following:

Eggs
Tuna
Chicken
Steak
Ground Turkey
Salmon
Oatmeal
Cheerios (occasionally)
Carrots, Brocoli, green beans, various other vegetables
Apples
Bananas
Watermelon and cantalope (again, occasionally)
Cottage cheese
Almonds, peanuts, cashews (lightly salted if at all)

Drinks are water or milk with my protein shakes.

Just vary the recipes used and it's good and doesn't get old. I'll have two to three cheat days a month, but usually not more than that.

Wait a minute, you forgot my crawfish(and Tony's seasoning).......

waytooslow
07-09-2008, 09:37
We have a what's your fitness program thread, but we know that abs are made in the kitchen. So, how does your diet look?......................

Vegan

NOT gonna happen for me.

:smilie40:

Usual for me.

Hard Boiled eggs - 2 each morning after coffee no sugar
lunch - chicken breast cooked dash of olive oil, dash of soy and dash of garlic. or some sushi at the local sushi place.
mid snack - a EAS protien drink - yumm
Dinner - more chicken or a sirlion (low fat), some veggies.

fluids - water, diet 7up and diet root beers

JTMoney
07-09-2008, 09:40

I haven't really looked into it, I'm going to Google it now though. I work out and exercise a lot and have found that eating those foods keeps me feeling the best and gives me the most energy.

Couple years ago decided I wanted to start eating healthier and went with those foods instead of eating lean cuisines or healthy choice.

mselizann
07-09-2008, 09:46

Vegan

that seems so hard to do- what made you decide to become vegan?

matt151617
07-09-2008, 10:05
Was crappy... I'm trying to fix that. I'm essentially cutting out all sugar (except for ice cream in the summer, can't go without that!). Then I'm trying to boost my protein intake, and slightly up my fruits and veggies. It's hard though, I work odd hours, and food is getting really expensive.

In college, I cut out all sugar from my diet... and lost 50 pounds over 5-6 months (wasn't exercising either).

diver 85
07-09-2008, 10:19
Oooops.......forgot the boudin and cracklings with Tabasco, always favorites-----and something to make you go years earlier than you should......

UNTdiver09
07-09-2008, 13:05

I haven't really looked into it, I'm going to Google it now though. I work out and exercise a lot and have found that eating those foods keeps me feeling the best and gives me the most energy.

Couple years ago decided I wanted to start eating healthier and went with those foods instead of eating lean cuisines or healthy choice.

If you naturally lean towards those foods, kudos to you, somewhere in your genetics something primal was retained. That really is the diet humans should have maintained for thousands of years, but instead we domesticated grains and other starchy produce which is literally killing people, even though they're believed to be "good for you" just because they're bland.

scubarobin
07-09-2008, 13:21
diet is primarily vegetarian, we do eat some meat, but mostly just vegies and fruits and rice or bread. Drink water, crystal lite, or diet sodas... and decaf coffee.
Gave up caffeine 6 months ago. Wow, my blood pressure went down by 20 pts!
love Indian food... the spices are amazing and you don't miss meat when you cook rich and spicy food
also love all types of vegies... we eat lots of cold salads and also veggie burgers, hummus, tofu, etc.

I really feel sooooooo much better eating like this!

JTMoney
07-09-2008, 15:04

If you naturally lean towards those foods, kudos to you, somewhere in your genetics something primal was retained. That really is the diet humans should have maintained for thousands of years, but instead we domesticated grains and other starchy produce which is literally killing people, even though they're believed to be "good for you" just because they're bland.

Good to know. I used to eat bread and stuff but I'd just feel bogged down afterward and I didn't like the really fully feeling. I eat 5 or 6 smaller meals now and I feel a lot better and my energy is better.

Bert
07-09-2008, 17:15
diet is primarily vegetarian, we do eat some meat, but mostly just vegies and fruits and rice or bread. Drink water, crystal lite, or diet sodas... and decaf coffee.
Gave up caffeine 6 months ago. Wow, my blood pressure went down by 20 pts!
love Indian food... the spices are amazing and you don't miss meat when you cook rich and spicy food
also love all types of vegies... we eat lots of cold salads and also veggie burgers, hummus, tofu, etc.

I really feel sooooooo much better eating like this!

I gave up caffeine about two years ago I had hard time fallimg asleep.. on the pluse side giving up caffeine also cut out most of my pop intake (diet vernors ocasionly, and once in a blue moon diet caffeine free coke)

Monkeylemon
07-10-2008, 10:34
I'm a fan of the Foreman grill for meats. It's fun to watch all the fat run out and collect under the grill.

USF_Diver
07-10-2008, 11:45
Breakfast: Not a big breakfast fan maybe some small blueberry muffins or cereal a healthy one like Frosted Flakes :)

Lunch/Dinner usually some its got either turkey, chicken, pasta, tuna....

I try to only eat fast food a few times a week and when I do try to go for some sort of chicken.

Joe L
07-10-2008, 13:36
I recently started eating "better" Cut out all candy, cookies and so on. Tried to balance my diet but, there must be a way to eat sugar reasonably. I find if I eat a piece of candy, first thing that enters my mind is I blew it for the day so i might as well enjoy MORE sweets. So now, I try to resist and its tough.....

jimmysdevoted
07-12-2008, 02:21
i am on a diabetic kidney diet and even that is allot....
reading that just made me queazy!

Eddym67
07-12-2008, 07:50
Very little sugar and salt. Cereal for breakfast w/ a boiled egg. Lunch is all you can eat salad bar or all you can eat sushi (sometimes a burger). Dinner is fish/shell fish and vegs (love asparagus and artichokes) or sushi/sashime. Sometimes Mexican. A big fat steak once every few weeks.

tndiverdude
07-13-2008, 16:10
a bowl of lucky charms, whole milk and a Diet DR. Pepper...
j

mchain
07-13-2008, 17:51
I don't enjoy most seafood, but other than that I'll whatever. Recently learned I was eating too much and started to control my portions, lost 20 lbs since then.