PDA

View Full Version : Scout Bladder

drifter136
07-11-2008, 16:09
Is the 24# wing on the Scout removable and able to be mounted to a BP? I am thinking about getting the Scout. It seems like a steal at $214 - 10% as a first BC. It would be great if it is removable so that if I ever do want to go to a BP, I will already have a 24# wing, cam bands, and trim pockets for less than $200. All I would need is an alum. BP, harness, and possibly an STA.

ScottZeagle
07-14-2008, 14:18
Yes, you can use the bladder on the BP.

drifter136
07-14-2008, 16:37
Thank you, Scott

Largo
07-14-2008, 19:45
The shop I got my OW cert with (Cape Fear Scuba) used Scouts exclusively in their rental fleet.

I think you are making a good choice.

Gromit
07-26-2008, 11:23
How is the wing attached to the backplate? Does it bolt on to the additional holes on the Zeagle backplate or does it thread through the cam bands like how it sits on the Scout? I have a Diverite backplate currently, can I use the Zeagle wing on it and how do I do it?

ScottZeagle
07-30-2008, 09:56
The bladder bolts on to a Zeagle backplate with SS screws. Unless you drill holes, I don't think it will work with your DR plate.

Aussie
08-05-2008, 05:41
I just recieved my 24lbs scout wing in the mail. It is a sweet little wing and I got to dive with it for the first time today on my Zeagle SS backplate. Its a great size for single tank rig and very streamlined. I like it that much i might buy another one. Got a great price from Scubatoys also:smiley20:

I will end up puting this wing on a Ally backplate and use as my travel wing as it so small.

Aussie

Vercingetorix
08-05-2008, 07:23
Yes, you can use the bladder on the BP.Good to learn this. I have a BP/W (SS and AL plate) with a 35# wing. I've been looking at the Scout as a travel rig. Now that I can use the Scout's 24# wing on my AL plate means a very light, very packable, rig. Both plates have holes drilled at standard 11 inches

//as a side note, I've wanted to start TA training, but no instructor wants me around their students in a BP/W. The Scout would satisfy that need with good quality and a low price.

backtalk
04-12-2011, 11:33
Can any other components of the Scout be changed? I know on the Ranger you can change just about everything.

ScottZeagle
04-18-2011, 08:57
The shoulder section on the Scout is NOT changeable. You can still adjust the waist panels, if needed.

Thanks,

Scott

FoxHound
04-18-2011, 20:06
hey, does anyone have a pic of the scout mounted on the backplate, id like to see it. Got a scout, got a BP but never really considered putting them togetther.....i think id like the scout better then my singles wing

KO-Texas
04-20-2011, 23:59
The bladder bolts on to a Zeagle backplate with SS screws. Unless you drill holes, I don't think it will work with your DR plate.

Ok ;) Can the bladder from the Escape mount to a Zeagle back plate? I like Kool-Aid! ;)
KO