PDA

View Full Version : Need a dive buddy this weekend 7-19

foo3
07-14-2008, 20:18
Be out at CSSP with foo2 and fooman2 lemme know if anyone is available!

Vercingetorix
07-14-2008, 23:35
Come join the ScubaDillo Dive Club of Dallas on 19 July. We'll be out there. Come say howdy and dive with us. Ask for Rick. We should have somebody to buddy-up with.

loudgonzo
07-15-2008, 08:05
Be out at CSSP with foo2 and fooman2 lemme know if anyone is available!

I'll be there Saturday morning, I'll buddy with you.

Come join the ScubaDillo Dive Club of Dallas on 19 July. We'll be out there. Come say howdy and dive with us. Ask for Rick. We should have somebody to buddy-up with.

...Rick, we've missed each other a few times the past month or so, I'm gonna have to hunt you down this weekend:smiley36:

blueeyeddiver
07-16-2008, 12:39
Hey there. We're driving up from Austin and haven't been to CCSP before. Planning to camp at the park and dive on Saturday. Have any suggestions which side to camp on? Prefer one water entry point over the other?

Visited the scubadillo site, would like to meet you guys. Any pointers about CCSP would be appreciated.

waytooslow
07-16-2008, 12:51
dang can't go have a temp crown - from busting two old fillings during OW so nothing for 3 weeks

aggie99
07-16-2008, 13:09
I might be able to make it, what time are you gonna get there (I am not the greatest morning person :) )

Foo2
07-16-2008, 13:20
Hey there. We're driving up from Austin and haven't been to CCSP before. Planning to camp at the park and dive on Saturday. Have any suggestions which side to camp on? Prefer one water entry point over the other?

Visited the scubadillo site, would like to meet you guys. Any pointers about CCSP would be appreciated.

Hey blueeyeddiver! We are diving on Saturday, camping Saturday night, and diving more on Sunday. Feel free to join us! When you pull into the park you have the option of turning left or right after you pay. We will be turning right cause that's where all of the shade is. I personally prefer that area for camping. As far as one entry over another...they are all nice. It more depends on what it is you are wanting to see. I will be in a tan colored Suburban. Also look for a white Dodge Neon. Have a safe trip!

Foo2
07-16-2008, 13:21
I might be able to make it, what time are you gonna get there (I am not the greatest morning person :) )

Hey aggie, I'm planning on being there about 9. I'm shooting for 8, but I'm realistic.:smiley2:

dallasdivergirl
07-16-2008, 13:22
I will be at the ST pavillion on Sunday morning.

Red Rav4

DevilDiver
07-17-2008, 07:46

Hey blueeyeddiver! We are diving on Saturday, camping Saturday night, and diving more on Sunday. Feel free to join us! When you pull into the park you have the option of turning left or right after you pay. We will be turning right cause that's where all of the shade is. I personally prefer that area for camping. As far as one entry over another...they are all nice. It more depends on what it is you are wanting to see. I will be in a tan colored Suburban. Also look for a white Dodge Neon. Have a safe trip!

It looks like I will be making it out Saturday as well. We will be around the ST pavillion area. I will make sure to drive through and find you all.....

Ryanh1801
07-17-2008, 08:37
I plan on being out there on Sunday.

unclepooty
07-17-2008, 08:57
Also there on Sat. morn. meeting up with Foo-Tang Clan. Black Vibe or Chevy truck.

Vercingetorix
07-17-2008, 09:03
dang can't go have a temp crown - from busting two old fillings during OW so nothing for 3 weeksI gotsa ask: How?

Visited the scubadillo site, would like to meet you guys. Any pointers about CCSP would be appreciated.Come and join us for a dive and lunch. I also need a dive-buddy; mine had to bail due to illness. She also mentioned that diving with me was "an experience not to be repeated"; I wonder what she meant by that.

Regardless. We meet around 10am; lunch 12-ish, contest dive at 1:30-ish. Fun dives before and after and start whenever you show-up. All times are Dillo times, which give-or-take an hour.

Stop by and ask for Rick. Where will we be set-up? Don't know. Look for my dark blue Nissan Altima (license plates: DIVES). Our banner may be deployed around 10 or shortly after.

Regarding pointers: thermocline around 25 feet...it's brisk. If you have a 5mm full-suit, that is fine. I dive there with a 3mm and do spend some time below the thermo. Folks normally don't wear hoods, but 3mm gloves make the dive much more comfortable. The interesting things are marked with red buoys. Most interesting site is the Airplane; in previous life it was a trainer for flight attendants. You should also visit Sisco the 50-ft metal shark.

waytooslow
07-17-2008, 10:10
dang can't go have a temp crown - from busting two old fillings during OW so nothing for 3 weeksI gotsa ask: How?

Apparantly the fillings were slightly cracked/not properly installed to begin with, compressed air entered the void at depth - 40 ft dive. Boyles law I guess came into play, felt a slight twinge in mouth at about 5 ft.

No pain just some light pressure, went home and flossed a usual and the number 3 filling was loose. Went to dentist (diver) and he showed me where a piece basically blew out a piece of #3 filling, and another (4) had split into two pieces and took a little crown with it, I had planned on getting the amalgam removed anyways, it just sped the process.

so it begins. :smiley2:

loudgonzo
07-17-2008, 10:41

Apparantly the fillings were slightly cracked/not properly installed to begin with, compressed air entered the void at depth - 40 ft dive. Boyles law I guess came into play, felt a slight twinge in mouth at about 5 ft.

No pain just some light pressure, went home and flossed a usual and the number 3 filling was loose. Went to dentist (diver) and he showed me where a piece basically blew out a piece of #3 filling, and another (4) had split into two pieces and took a little crown with it, I had planned on getting the amalgam removed anyways, it just sped the process.

so it begins. :smiley2:

Yikes, still sounds painful. I'll be there in a silver toyota tacoma, i don't have cool license plates like Vercingetorix, but mine are legal:smilie39:

CHT
07-18-2008, 12:26
I'll be there Saturday morning around 8 o'clock. I was going to get in a dive with my dive shop who is holding a class, then go diving with the scubadillos after that. If anyone needs a buddy let me know. I am also planning on being there Sunday morningish as well.