PDA

View Full Version : Oh I so wish other companies would follow in your footsteps!

frankc420
08-09-2007, 19:54
As I was ordering a new Dell Poweredge this last week I soon realized that the guy on the other end of the phone didn't really care about the 3k I was about to shell out to him. But, I thought in the back of my head, ah I'm just spoiled from dealing with Scubatoys.

So I placed my order, asked when it would be shipped, he says, "Since it's past 2pm it will ship tomorrow!" Great! 3 days go by and I email him for the tracking number... no response! 3 more days go by, I call, he isn't in the office. So I email again, no response! Call the next day, he answers, "oh sorry, that server is on backorder!" THANKS GUY! He says he got an order in that day and he would ship it the next... a few hours later I receive an email from UPS saying it was shipped.

You would think, after him holding the order and not returning my calls or emails that he would atleast upgrade my shipping... nope! I even asked if he would throw in a little upgrade (if you call another 2Gb of ram a small upgrade :smiley2:), he refused.

I won't be ordering from this clown again! Scubatoys has ruined me for life!

----

Btw, thanks for the wonderful deal on my purchase today Joe! You really do take care of me :smiley20:

nferra2
08-09-2007, 20:03
It is not a big company, and they don't have servers, but if you need a good laptop from a company with service like Scubatoys, check out powernotebooks.com. Be sure to call in you order if do make an order, becuase you will end up with a few little extras that way.

brandon
08-09-2007, 20:57
Scubatoys 4 teh win.

-B

porsche060
08-12-2007, 17:51
Dell is the worst.

uncjump
08-12-2007, 20:18
I posted this in another thread, but wanted everyone to see it. As you can probably tell from my posts, I'm new to Scubatoys and the seemingly great group that run it. I've seen a lot of good references from other unnamed sites, but after looking through this forum, I'm sure I can't go wrong with any purchase from this company. It's very reassuring to read how they treat the customers and truely guide them. I'll be putting in my orders tomorrow for new gear once I make up my mind ;) Thanks again for being a positive improvement to the diving community and I can't wait to be a new customer!

ScubaToys Larry
08-12-2007, 20:27
uncjump, it's great to have you on our board, and I'm very happy you are going to give us the opportunity to earn your business. If for any reason, ever, you are not 100% pleased with all aspects of dealing with us, contact me personally.

And heck... for that matter... even if you are 100% pleased, don't hesitate to PM, email, or call with any questions, thoughts, or comments.

Again, thanks for your confidence in my company and I will vie you my personal assurance that we won't let you down.

creggur
08-12-2007, 20:48
Yeah it's funny how frustrating it is dealing with other online stores now...

Heck I've even changed some of the things we do for our customers where I work because of my experiences here.. We actually had good customer service, these guy's really take it to the next level...

scubasavvy
08-22-2007, 18:15
There's a difference between the folks working at ScubaToys and the rest of the world. These guys love their jobs and many other people hate their jobs. These are the types of companies that I like to support and that I have the utmost faith in...

greyzen
08-22-2007, 23:02
frankc, I never officially said this... but if you happen to send an email to the owner of dell, I can promise you will get the expedite you need.
there is a process in place to make sure that happens.

just sayin :naughty:

chewyjr15
08-22-2007, 23:44
really i agree i wish that all companys were like ST adn that all companys had customer service so high on the list. St really does provide service in a way that the customer is always right.

frankc420
08-23-2007, 07:00
Well I finally received my server and it's up and running. =)

If anyone is in need of remote backup of sensitive data, feel free to PM me.

cummings66
08-24-2007, 18:57
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know how ST's does it and remains in business. Not only have I seen them take care of their customers, I've seen them take care of others and make a new customer on the spot. There's not many businesses like that around.

If ST's carries what I want I'll buy it from them if I can.