PDA

View Full Version : Help! One handed Bra

caroln
07-15-2008, 19:05
I just broke my wrist and have to get some screws and a plate put in tomorrow. Among the other things that are a pita, I cant tie a regular bra anymore. My husband is going away tomorrow, and I really don't want to be wandering around braless for the next 4 days. Any idea for a decent bra that can be operated one handed? I am thinking a sports bra would be best, but I'd prefer one that doesn't give the uniboob look since I'm going on vacation and to a wedding this week. Any suggestions???

DevilDiver
07-15-2008, 19:18
I thought they were all one handed!! Pinch both sides of the clasp and make a snapping motion. We learned that in the 7th grade....

Sorry, I know this is no help at all!

Bad DevilDiver, Bad!

Crimediver
07-15-2008, 19:47
I think I can speak for the rest of the guys on the forum. We have the utmost admiration for braless women and encourage this form of self-expression. By going braless you eliminate a possible failure point. As far as we are concerned the only thing we need to support are our troops.

Splitlip
07-15-2008, 19:48
:ttiuwop:

Vercingetorix
07-15-2008, 19:59
What the h*ll are a bunch of guys doing in the Women's Issues sub-forum?

//I'm not here. I just saw SplitLip's name as a poster and I just KNEW...THIS CAN'T BE GOOD.

//oh jeez...even GMS CompuDude...?
//spoilsport???:smiley36:

If I knew about such things, I'd mention the front-clasp version vice rear-clip. But, I know nothing of such things.

CompuDude
07-15-2008, 19:59
I would like to second each of the previous posts. :D

*snap*

(edit: except that spoilsport Vercingetorix's, who somehow posted seconds before me)

aggie99
07-15-2008, 20:05
Ditch the over-the-shoulder boulder holder!

Martin2
07-15-2008, 20:21
Well, you've certainly gotten quite a few speedy responses!

Champion has a nice and comfy line of sports bras that are pretty good about avoiding the uniboob.

Sports Bra | Sports Bras | Women’s Sports Bras | Champion (http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Categories/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion.aspx)

mike_s
07-15-2008, 20:58
need a helping hand with your bra?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/TheMadKnight/handbra.jpg

Rileybri
07-15-2008, 21:00

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

:smilie40:

oddbod
07-15-2008, 21:05

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

:smilie40:
So who is in the pictures???? going to own up:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Truered1
07-15-2008, 22:20
Depending on your size, Lane Bryant has some great front fasten bras that are made to hold like a sports bra but you don't get the uniboob and it has wires in it. The also have different style backs depending on your needs. When I had carpel tunnel surgery it was the only one I could do myself and with little effort.

Splitlip
07-15-2008, 22:22
I thought they were all one handed!! Pinch both sides of the clasp and make a snapping motion. We learned that in the 7th grade....

Bad DevilDiver, Bad!

It is called the "snap and release" see link below.

How To Undo Her Bra With One Hand (http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-undo-her-bra-with-one-hand)

violakat03
07-15-2008, 22:22
Depending on your size, Lane Bryant has some great front fasten bras that are made to hold like a sports bra but you don't get the uniboob and it has wires in it. The also have different style backs depending on your needs. When I had carpel tunnel surgery it was the only one I could do myself and with little effort.

Last time I was in there, I was told they discontinued all front-clasp. :( I got some on clearance when they were selling them out about a year ago and haven't been able to find any since. Sucks, they're the only front-clasps I've ever found that were comfortable for me.

Black-Gorrilla
07-15-2008, 22:47
I think I can speak for the rest of the guys on the forum. We have the utmost admiration for braless women and encourage this form of self-expression. By going braless you eliminate a possible failure point. As far as we are concerned the only thing we need to support are our troops.

i actually prefer women wearing bras.... im not gonna get into details... but you know...

mm_dm
07-16-2008, 07:24
I just broke my wrist and have to get some screws and a plate put in tomorrow. Among the other things that are a pita, I cant tie a regular bra anymore. My husband is going away tomorrow, and I really don't want to be wandering around braless for the next 4 days. Any idea for a decent bra that can be operated one handed? I am thinking a sports bra would be best, but I'd prefer one that doesn't give the uniboob look since I'm going on vacation and to a wedding this week. Any suggestions???

Girl, you are in a world of hurt. Hope it heals soon!

DevilDiver
07-16-2008, 08:24

Bad DevilDiver, Bad!

How To Undo Her Bra With One Hand (http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-undo-her-bra-with-one-hand)

:smilie39: Now that is frickin hilarious!! Great link!!

They should show the "How not to spill your beer while making the "snap and release" move now.

I know, no help at all. Bad DevilDiver, Bad!!

(Hate to hear about the injury! Hope you feel better ASAP!) :smiley2:

foo3
07-16-2008, 09:58
Ok so first of all all you men on here saying you would like us to throw away the bras.... Have you never seen those women in like for instance Walmart that are walking around with no bra, boobs hitting their belly button, its actually quite nausiating. Now if you feel comfortable doing that more power to you but real honest boobs are more attractive in public when something is covering them up. Agree with me if you will and disagree with me if you want but its my opinion lol

Foo2
07-16-2008, 10:12
Caroln! I'm so sorry about your wrist. I'm thinking along the lines of some of the others...maybe try a front clasp bra. I hope you feel better soon.

TommyB
07-16-2008, 10:37
I just broke my wrist and have to get some screws and a plate put in tomorrow. .....

Hi Caroln,
Sorry to hear about the wrist--
Guess this is going to put a damper on the trip to Cave Country in august --??

OH-JJ
07-16-2008, 11:19
Ok so first of all all you men on here saying you would like us to throw away the bras.... Have you never seen those women in like for instance Walmart that are walking around with no bra, boobs hitting their belly button, its actually quite nausiating. Now if you feel comfortable doing that more power to you but real honest boobs are more attractive in public when something is covering them up. Agree with me if you will and disagree with me if you want but its my opinion lol

Here Here!!!!

As A man, I can say whole heartedally, that I am very supportive of women wearing bras. the greatest crime women have committed in the last 50 years was the result of the Bra burners in the 60's and seventies!!!!

Carolin I am very sorry and hope you get feeling better. I would suggest a front close.

Splitlip
07-16-2008, 11:25
I friend of mine was wearing a cut off Harley T-shirt. I told her "Ms. X., it looks like you have a couple of oranges in a pair tube socks hanging around your neck." Child of the 60's.

rumblefish
07-16-2008, 12:28
Well, just from an observational point of view, my gf wraps the bra around her torso just under her boobs backwards (Meaning the cups are at her back, the rear clasp in the front). She clasps the bra in front and then spins it around and puts the shoulder straps on. This should work unless your fingers aren't functional.

If that doesn't work for you, I guess you could get those sports bras women jog in. They have no clasp.

CompuDude
07-16-2008, 14:13

Agreed 100%. :D

Hope you're better soon, C... bummer about your trip!

SkuaSeptember
07-16-2008, 14:59
Well, just from an observational point of view, my gf wraps the bra around her torso just under her boobs backwards (Meaning the cups are at her back, the rear clasp in the front). She clasps the bra in front and then spins it around and puts the shoulder straps on. This should work unless your fingers aren't functional.
I'm glad you posted this answer, I was afraid that responding in a useful manner would require that I surrender my Man Card. Anyway, my wife does the same maneuver to compensate for tendinitis.
Good luck with the surgery.

CompuDude
07-16-2008, 15:01
I'm glad you posted this answer, I was afraid that responding in a useful manner would require that I surrender my Man Card. Anyway, my wife does the same maneuver to compensate for tendinitis.
Good luck with the surgery.

You don't get asked to surrender your man card for being "observant" while a female changes clothing states. ;)

CompuDude
07-16-2008, 15:32

Bad DevilDiver, Bad!

I can see I'm going to have to waste several hours of my life on that site.

No new info (*bows*), but terrific presentation! :smilie39:

coyote
07-16-2008, 16:14

Wow. That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time....:smilie39:

Splitlip
07-16-2008, 16:42
Ah, but I think on the other side of the pond it is "the pinch and release". My bad. (I went back and watched the vid again :smiley36:.)

gnarley site

waytooslow
07-16-2008, 18:11
I know a few guys (males) on here that could use such a device...

diver 85
07-16-2008, 22:35
[quote=rumblefish;201751]Well, just from an observational point of view, my gf wraps the bra around her torso just under her boobs backwards (Meaning the cups are at her back, the rear clasp in the front). She clasps the bra in front and then spins it around and puts the shoulder straps on.]

Same way for my wife................

Splitlip
07-17-2008, 05:59
[quote=rumblefish;201751]Well, just from an observational point of view, my gf wraps the bra around her torso just under her boobs backwards (Meaning the cups are at her back, the rear clasp in the front). She clasps the bra in front and then spins it around and puts the shoulder straps on.]

Same for my wife and girl friend too.

mm_dm
07-17-2008, 07:31

Same for my wife and girl friend too.

Ahhhhh! Busted!:smilie39:

caroln
07-17-2008, 10:06
I just broke my wrist and have to get some screws and a plate put in tomorrow. .....

Hi Caroln,

It puts a bigger damper on my Mexico trip tomorrow since I can't even swim or snorkel let alone dive, but I'm hoping it should be good by the end of August. I don't have a real cast since everything is screwed back together with 7 titanium screws and the plate, so I can start moving it and hopefully rebuilding the strength and range of motion in only 10 days or so.

caroln
07-17-2008, 10:09

If that doesn't work for you, I guess you could get those sports bras women jog in. They have no clasp.

Thank you--I think that's how most people do it--problem is, you still need 2 hands to get the 2 ends together in the front. I found a couple of sports that that should work, and my husband pointed out that no one can see the uniboob look anyway since my sling pretty much hangs right over :)

caroln
07-17-2008, 10:09
Thank you guys for all the suggestions (and laughs)

pir8
07-17-2008, 13:43

Hi Caroln,

It puts a bigger damper on my Mexico trip tomorrow since I can't even swim or snorkel let alone dive, but I'm hoping it should be good by the end of August. I don't have a real cast since everything is screwed back together with 7 titanium screws and the plate, so I can start moving it and hopefully rebuilding the strength and range of motion in only 10 days or so.
Sounds like you might be ready soon after i get back??!!??!!
See what drinkin that koolade gets ya:smilie39:

diver 85
07-17-2008, 14:35
To some a pair of band-aids would work very well---by why waste a perfectly good pair of band-aids.........

caroln
07-17-2008, 22:08
Sounds like you might be ready soon after i get back??!!??!!
See what drinkin that koolade gets ya:smilie39:

Yup, you'll have to teach me to dive all over again :)

highdesert
07-18-2008, 07:18
I friend of mine was wearing a cut off Harley T-shirt. I told her "Ms. X., it looks like you have a couple of oranges in a pair tube socks hanging around your neck." Child of the 60's.

Slightly off subject, but this reminds me of a line my great grandfather wrote in one of his books. He was a minister, a rather liberal one at that, who traveled extensively and wrote about it. Following is his observation about the women of some South Seas island, don't remember which one. Bear in mind the women hadn't even thought about bras or anything else above the waist. To paraphrase ...

"When the women were eighteen, their breasts looked like oranges. At twenty, like coconuts, and at twenty-two, razor straps."

Honest ladies, I'm just quoting out of literature, so no offense!

Splitlip
07-18-2008, 11:10
To paraphrase ...

"When the women were eighteen, their breasts looked like oranges. At twenty, like coconuts, and at twenty-two, razor straps."

My grandfather used to say pretty much the same thing. But used the term "fried eggs hanging on a nail" instead of razor straps.

azdiver
07-22-2008, 21:32
I'm getting ready shoulder surgery and my arm will be in a sling for 6 weeks afterwards. Forget about trying to figure out how to get a bra on with one hand.... how do you do it when you can't even move one arm!! Am going to have to buy tank tops, cut open the seam on the right shoulder and add velcro so I can close it back again... am not allowed to raise my arm or move it to get into shirts, dresses, etc!!