PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any type of diving sticker on your car?

Cichlid
08-09-2007, 21:35
What is it? What does it say?

NitroWill
08-09-2007, 21:45
Nope, that would be just advertising for someone to break into my car while parked at the marina or beachside during a shoredive

Flatliner
08-09-2007, 21:46
A liscense plate frame on my company car that says, "I love Scuba Diving". My son got it for me for Christmas.

Flatliner
aka Robert

Flatliner
08-09-2007, 21:48
Nope, that would be just advertising for someone to break into my car while parked at the marina or beachside during a shoredive

Under those circumstances I would think that it would be advertising that said, "All the valuable stuff is gone at the moment."

Flatliner
aka Robert

Osprey
08-09-2007, 21:49
Not really for diving.. I have a plaque shaped like a Christian fish, only it's a shark LOL. his little teeth are so cute!

ertechsg
08-09-2007, 21:50
A liscense plate frame on my company car that says, "I love Scuba Diving". Flatliner
aka RobertMe too good taste. Plus MY SSI AND NAUI stickers

torrey
08-09-2007, 21:53
I don't have any stickers, but I've seen Ford's with a dive flag on the Ford oval. I've been wanting to do it myself, but haven't gotten around to it. Anybody done this?

cummings66
08-09-2007, 22:00
I've got a small dive flag on my back window.

Centerius
08-09-2007, 22:04
I have a motorcycle, I voted "I wish I had a car." I use my girlfriend's car often. I pretty much use it whenever I want, but since it's her car, sometimes she needs it and I just wish I had something at that moment.

medic001918
08-09-2007, 22:06
I have a small flag on the rear window of my SUV.

Shane

lucidblue
08-09-2007, 22:31
I was considering a small sticker for the rear window. I just wish they were static stickers instead of adhesive. I hate sticking things on my car.

If anyone has finds static dive stickers let me know!

DivingsInMyBlood
08-09-2007, 22:42
I got a padi sticker in my ow pak but i dont want to put it on my car.

NitroWill
08-09-2007, 23:04

Under those circumstances I would think that it would be advertising that said, "All the valuable stuff is gone at the moment."

Nope, I have seen many cases and talked with many officers/security about criminals who target vehicles with dive stickers/etc on their vehicles. When shore diving, many people have extra tanks/equipment in their vehicle as well as watches/valuables that cant get wet. It also makes it easy for them to know that youll be gone for awhile and easy to spot (coming back w/ dive gear)..Sure it doesnt mean that if you have a sticker youll get broken into - but I know for a fact it increases the risk..

mwhities
08-09-2007, 23:05
Divers down flag in the shape of Mississippi state.

Michael

gunnarman
08-09-2007, 23:18
i have a little bitty texas shaped diver down flag sticker over the little bitty texas shape in the middle of my texas license plate. can you guess where im from?

TommyB
08-09-2007, 23:24

Pretty sure I wont be driving my Dodge 2500 4x4 to dive spots. At least not here in texas. Maybe once we get re-located next week to Orlando I might think about removing them.

But I have the Naui sticker that game with the OW pack-
The Atomics sticker that came with my B2's.

Phestr
08-09-2007, 23:27
I've got the shark shaped dive flag. But on this island, everyone has a dive sticker, so not much added danger.

PlatypusMan
08-09-2007, 23:39

License plate frame "I'd Rather Be Diving".

jwscuba.com bumper sticker.

SingleDivers.com bumper sticker.

Working on my own "Team Platypus" logo signage for the doors.

My vehicle has an alarm, so I'm not too worried about break-ins.

Dive-aholic
08-10-2007, 03:40
Too many stickers to count. I'm an independent instructor, so I mark my van and my truck with my logo and website. It's pretty good advertising for a very small investment. I also have a bunch of dive related bumper stickers.

picxie
08-10-2007, 04:01

License plate frame "I'd Rather Be Diving".

I wanted those - from ST right??

My current license plate frames read "dogs have owners, cats have staff". Considering I have 5 cats who command me, I thought I'd better leave it as is.

And no, I have no dive stickers.

deepdiver47
08-10-2007, 04:31
yes I proudly have a dive flag in the shape of the state of Texas

TxScubaBear
08-10-2007, 06:38
Same here, Texas shaped diver down on my back glass

creggur
08-10-2007, 06:57
I have a small dive flag on drivers rear quarter window...When I have my plates renewed I'll get one of these....

I had my car painted SCUBA tank blue...JK I had the car way before I started SCUBA diving, I'll give you two guesses what color my tanks will be when I buy them though:smiley16:

WV Diver
08-10-2007, 06:58
I have two, one suuports and is an advertisement for my LDS, the other is dive flag colored and shaped like a shark.

Texas Girl
08-10-2007, 07:48
Same here, Texas shaped diver down on my back glass

Me, too, along with a dive flag trailer hitch insert.

georoc01
08-10-2007, 07:54
I have heard the same thing on break ins. I do have an alarm, but don't arm the truck when I dive, just take a key to get me back into the back when I get out from shore dives.

tbush
08-10-2007, 07:54
small flag rear window of the tahoe

Harshal
08-10-2007, 09:38
Yep..... Texas Shaped Dive Flag on back window.

fire diver
08-10-2007, 10:19
I have a dive flag in the shape of a sea turtle. I used to have the diveflag shark sticker top center of my back window. But I took it off to put on my "Military Police" decal. So now I have the turtle on the top left. I feel strangely guilty about removing the shark. Feels like I have violated somthing primal in removing it.

FD

TAH 73
08-10-2007, 10:22
When is ScubaToys going to do stickers?

Vercingetorix
08-10-2007, 11:30
I have a christian fish stick-on (not a decal/stiker). However, it is wearing a scuba tank, the tail is/are scuba fins, and the body has the word "scuba" in it.

dallasdivergirl
08-10-2007, 13:12
I also have the tiny texas dive flag on my tags. I have had to do that a couple of times. they keep fading.

These are on each side back glass. A very effective way of finding your car in the sea of same colored cars. too bad I don't have cats any more :smiley13:

liuk3
08-10-2007, 13:16

I don't have one either. My instructor had given us a sticker which came with out study kit. He told us put it anywhere except on your car. I think that the reasoning was that if the car is parked at the beach and there is a sticker, criminals might assume you will be gone for a while and want to break into your car. I actually never did ask him specifically why he told us not to stick it on our car.

badfrog88
08-10-2007, 13:34
i have a little bitty texas shaped diver down flag sticker over the little bitty texas shape in the middle of my texas license plate. can you guess where im from?

Man, from my experience since moving here, I thought it was illegal to have anything related to Texas "little bitty"! :smiley36:

EDIT: I have a dive flag with the Neptune Divers logo in the center (My favorite Dive shop in Utah). Along with an American Flag / PADI logo combination sticker.

freediver
08-10-2007, 14:05
No, I don't. As an extremely wealthy scuba instructor, I didn't want to advertise that I may have thousands of dollars of scuba equipment in my Ferrari Enzo. :smiley36: By the way, if you are a sticker person, I have several "Who's Your Buddy?" dive flag stickers if interested. If I can just locate them.

dallasdivergirl
08-10-2007, 14:09
I *knew* all of you instructors were making big bucks and were just hiding them in off shore funds.

freediver
08-10-2007, 14:15
I *knew* all of you instructors were making big bucks and were just hiding them in off shore funds.
Heh, my off shore fund account is a coffee can (it rattles from the quarters inside) I have submerged off the Galveston coast. Yes, I am a high roller kinda guy!:smiley36:

94GTStang
08-10-2007, 16:35
All I have is a dive license plate frame. Just enough to show off the hobby

Zenagirl
08-10-2007, 16:56
Mine says "Zeagle"!! :D My husband's is a dive flag Maui sticker.

Scuba_Steve
08-10-2007, 17:22
I dont have any stickers. Everyone can send me their extra scuba stickers and I will be sure to put them to good use. I can place them on all the cars in the company parking lot when no one is looking.

gsdive
08-10-2007, 20:31
Sticker "DAN MEMBER"

Osprey
08-10-2007, 20:40
Guys for the record, if you're worried about sticking stickers to your car, WD-40 will take it right off with no damage. That's how I removed my stickers when my car went back to the dealer. However, that means you're out of a sticker as well, so make sure you don't want it if it has to be removed!!

techgnostic
08-10-2007, 21:01

I've got the same thing, but my truck's windows are tinted so it's hard to see...I'll be ordering dive license plate holders to fix that.

JodiBB
08-10-2007, 21:41
I have one in the shape of the state of California on my back window on the lower driver's side.

JodiBB
08-10-2007, 21:42
Guys for the record, if you're worried about sticking stickers to your car, WD-40 will take it right off with no damage.

Nail polish remover works well too...

MxDiver
08-10-2007, 22:34

I've got the same thing, but my truck's windows are tinted so it's hard to see...I'll be ordering dive license plate holders to fix that.

Mine is on the outside so it is pretty visible against the dark background

quarrydiver
08-11-2007, 11:16
Dive flag on the bumper, a guy I know had his new red jeep painted like a dive flag.

quarrydiver
08-11-2007, 11:17
gotta be a place for a dive flag on the motorcycle.

Splitlip
08-11-2007, 11:43
http://www3.hsmv.state.fl.us/Intranet/dmv/specialtytags/a.cfm?id=155

Edit:
Uh oh
Photos deleted. too large

http://www3.hsmv.state.fl.us/Intranet/dmv/specialtytags/a.cfm?id=51
Another favorite if you missed my photos

NitroWill
08-11-2007, 11:45
I just moved to Florida - but I plan on getting the shark one :)

Splitlip
08-11-2007, 11:51
I just moved to Florida - but I plan on getting the shark one :)

Here is the link to all the specialty plates and where the donations go.

http://www3.hsmv.state.fl.us/Intranet/dmv/specialtytags/specialindex.cfm

fire diver
08-11-2007, 12:34
Cool! Can I get one of those for my truck here in Oklahoma?

techgnostic
08-11-2007, 12:36

Mine is on the outside so it is pretty visible against the dark background

Yeah, I went with the interior static model...I didn't think about the tinting issue when I bought it...and I've been too stubborn to change it.

Splitlip
08-11-2007, 13:28
I am sure you could as long as YOU are here in Flori-DUH.

JahJahwarrior
08-11-2007, 14:00
My truck has three stickers. (99 ford ranger, black)

Back window:
Driver side, sticker from a band I used to be in that I think is funny
Passenger side, a DAN sticker with flag and number to call. It got scratched when moving some things...I have it on so if I got hurt maybe someone would see the number and call it. I often leave extra tanks and gear in the rear of my truck, covered by a vinyl tonneau, and have yet to have anything stolen. My dive buddy keeps a Glock under his seat, and throw it in my truck when we take it....so if anyone stole anything and he saw them, well......yeah.....they'd need new tires :) And an engine. Depending on how many shots ended up in the engine, he'd go looking for a gas tank too....:)

On the tailgate, drivers side, "Abortion is Homocide" sticker. Black with white text, blends in perfectly with the black of the truck and looks pretty spiffy.

Sometimes I throw on a magnet that says "October Bash" but only the people at my school know what it means. Most people assume it's a band and I get asked about it alot. It either goes on the passenger side tailgate even with the other sticker, or on the bumper, depending on my mood. Gets annoying to take off to wash the truck, so I just leave it off nowadays.

I also have a dive flag plate thing on the front of the truck.

If anything was stolen, my dorm insurance would cover it, with a $25 deductable. And if it was stolen with my friend around, I'd get it back for sure. :)

(I wouldn't have the sticker on, but it has the DAN number and I wanted to have that somewhere that I and others could find it in an emergency, and the plate holder on the front looked so naked that I wanted to put something on it, and a dive buddy gave me the plastic plate.)

3rdEye
08-11-2007, 15:16
I have a small dive flag on drivers rear quarter window...When I have my plates renewed I'll get one of these....

I had my car painted SCUBA tank blue...JK I had the car way before I started SCUBA diving, I'll give you two guesses what color my tanks will be when I buy them though:smiley16:

nice plate....and nice wheels on that Audi

creggur
08-11-2007, 19:50

nice plate....and nice wheels on that Audi

Thanks!! I can't wait to get the plate, I see them all the time around here...Very cool..

the gooch
08-11-2007, 22:49
have a small dive flag on my windshield (top corner driver side).

plot
08-11-2007, 22:56
I thought about coloring the duct tape that's keeping on my bumper like a dive flag... but I thought it might be tacky.

Dive-aholic
08-13-2007, 13:00
(I wouldn't have the sticker on, but it has the DAN number and I wanted to have that somewhere that I and others could find it in an emergency, and the plate holder on the front looked so naked that I wanted to put something on it, and a dive buddy gave me the plastic plate.)

Program it in your cell phone. DAN's number is programmed in all my cell phones.

Buoyant1
08-14-2007, 11:27
Yeah....I have a dive flag "oval" with PA (got it at Beneath the Sea)

I also have the cute PADI sticker that came in my OW package on my side window and a I love Diving license plate frame.

unclepooty
08-14-2007, 11:43
small dive flag on rear window

RonFrank
08-14-2007, 11:45
ScubaBoard! :smilie39:

And Zeagle.

rubberduck
08-14-2007, 13:07
small dive flag on rear window.

wxboy911
08-14-2007, 13:44
I have a small dive flag on the dashboard-still looking for the right one on the bumper.

Athena2c
08-14-2007, 21:11
Dive heart sticker in the rear window. Husband has a dive shark sticker on his.

Splitlip
08-14-2007, 21:17
still looking for the right one on the bumper.

My college roomate had one that said "Don't eat yellow snow"

I know it has nothing to do with diving, but I thought it was great.

techgnostic
08-17-2007, 19:51
still looking for the right one on the bumper.

My college roomate had one that said "Don't eat yellow snow"

I know it has nothing to do with diving, but I thought it was great.

What's wrong with lemon snowcones?

frenchy07
08-18-2007, 23:38
No dive stickers on my little silver baby, but there are Ron Jon stickers!! One from Coco and one from Cali. Then there is the "Destination Paradise" sticker of a sunset and palm trees (I guess that would count!) and the Calvin swinging a golf club.

Now on my wifes car (our official dive wagon) the is a Florida state dive sticker. She hates stickers on her windows and usually scrapes em off as soon as they go on but she has left this one on.

Frenchy07

finflippers
08-18-2007, 23:57
DAN sticker on rear window

rkmccamp
08-19-2007, 00:13
i proudly displayed a dive "shark" sticker on the license plate of my convertible beetle....

rkmccamp
08-19-2007, 00:16
.....go to any dive shop and they will have dive stickers for your car for sale...

subsur
08-19-2007, 07:05
no, i'm trying not to show anything that can let others judge me without knowing me.

plot
08-19-2007, 09:19
no, i'm trying not to show anything that can let others judge me without knowing me.

i already judged you by what you drive

Splitlip
08-19-2007, 09:46

i already judged you by what you drive
:smilie39:

427Dave
08-19-2007, 14:19
I have a small dive flag on rear window

J-Cub
08-19-2007, 17:47
If anyone is interested in custom vinyl decals, PM me.
My wife has a vinyl lettering business, that allows me the ability to make custom decals.

Illini_Fan
08-19-2007, 17:53
No stickers of any kind on the car. Of course it is a convertible and the rear-window is very small (and usually not visible since I hate having the top up)

Buoyant1
08-19-2007, 19:41
If anyone is interested in custom vinyl decals, PM me.
My wife has a vinyl lettering business, that allows me the ability to make custom decals.

Decals are cool...but magnets are better!

Liv7301
08-19-2007, 21:04
I don't have anything on my car yet but I am looking for something I like. I have a white car...is there anyone else with a white car that has found that diver down flags look wierd?

And since we always take my husband's car, the only thing a crook would find in my car is all of my resident teacher junk.

divinandjeeps
08-19-2007, 21:06
dive flag license palte on front, shark/dive flag and a regular dive flag on bumper

NitroWill
08-19-2007, 21:06
I have a white car...is there anyone else with a white car that has found that diver down flags look wierd?.

Just paint a big red diagnol stripe down your entire car and youll be set :smiley20: :smiley36:

J-Cub
08-20-2007, 13:57
Somebody has too much time on their hands.

yankeefan21
08-20-2007, 14:07
Uhhh. Nothing like that.

GDiver
08-20-2007, 14:27
I have the fake chrome shark with diver in the middle on my jeep.

Jaymeany
08-20-2007, 14:29
A shark colored live a dive flag on the window.

mm_dm
08-20-2007, 14:33
Not since some friends of mine had their cars broken into while diving a local river. The only cars that got busted into were the ones with dive stickers.

ScubaJenn81
08-20-2007, 14:39
I have the dive flag and then an outline of a female diver underwater. (it is actually a nice woman, not all skanky like) :-P

Xspect
08-20-2007, 17:10
I just found out I can put a sticker on my license plate. So I'll be looking for one.

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
08-20-2007, 17:24
I answered yes but it is actually on my boat. I took a "I Love Scuba.com" sticker and cut off the .com part and put on the stern of my boat. Of course if I were to get a Scubatoys sticker I'd leave it in tact and put it on the other side. Hint Hint!!!:smilie39:

Ted S
08-20-2007, 17:26
I've got a dive flag (plain, square, boring) that I keep meaning to replace with a more interesting dive shape like my Diver Dude sketch from a few years back plus a DiveMatrix decal. Decals in general are just awesome.

I've also got a whole cooler covered in dive stickers from shops, SB, and a few manufacturers that makes it to most of my shore dives.

DUnder
09-26-2007, 09:51
I voted no. Just because I bought a new truck and I have not found anything nice enought to put on it yet. My old truck had a PADI sticker on the rear window

Charlotte Smith
09-26-2007, 10:06
No.....cause we're afraid everyone will be watching where we go and find our secret dive spots.....dive stuff EVERYWHERE else though....

WaScubaDude
09-26-2007, 10:08
Not since some friends of mine had their cars broken into while diving a local river. The only cars that got busted into were the ones with dive stickers.

One of the reasons I don't put dive, snowboard, climbing stickers on mine.

Lone Frogman
09-26-2007, 10:20
Scubaboard sticker on back window. Dive flag tag on front sometimes.

Tableleg
09-26-2007, 16:25
For all you Texans out there, you know there's at small state of Texas between the licence plate numbers. I covered that TX up with a dive flag sticker in the shape of TX. Subtle, but noticeable.

Charles R
09-26-2007, 16:28
It says Go deep with a dive flag

Diverdude
09-26-2007, 17:53
I stuck the PADI sticker I got when I went through OW cert. on the back window of my SUV. It makes me feel important.

Capt Hook
09-26-2007, 19:14
I don't have one but my wife has one that says scuba diver.

ian
09-26-2007, 19:23
Plain small dive flag in back window of my truck.

Wndrer
09-26-2007, 20:06
I have a plain old square dive flag and the a nice shark shaped dive flag

scuba Widow
09-26-2007, 20:37
I am going to get a license plate of a dive flag with "Scuba Widow" on it.

scubafreak
09-26-2007, 22:58
I also stay away from stickers due to the theft issue. It is like putting a stickr on your car to say " Hey thieves, I am in the water and my wallet and cellphone are in the car"

I would love to put stickers on the car as I am proud to be a diver but I think it is just looking for trouble.

kingfish
09-27-2007, 04:19
Would be cool to have a sticker but i am afraid of theft as well.

Jas.

CC1020
09-27-2007, 10:40
I have a small dive-flag seahorse

russp
09-27-2007, 12:12
I've got the NAUI scuba diver sticker from my course at SCUBATOYS but the red faded off the flag in just a month. I may try to put a new flag on over the one that faded.

diverdad
09-28-2007, 20:32
I have a small dive flag on the back window and i made reciever hitch protecter that is a dive flag as well.

jwdizney
09-28-2007, 20:42
just put a dive flag w/ "divetulsa.com" on it.. my training org..great group! the sticker was a graduation gift...

Theepdinker
09-28-2007, 21:23
Nothing on my truck.
The wife's pickup has a smiley shark on the window & hitch cover.

Theep

divechaplain-sara
09-29-2007, 03:24
Texas shaped diver down flag and I just got an Alabama shaped one but haven't affixed it yet.

divechaplain-sara
09-29-2007, 03:29
No.....cause we're afraid everyone will be watching where we go and find our secret dive spots.....dive stuff EVERYWHERE else though....
I love that reasoning.

I know that I want to follow cars that I see with dive stickers. And at work I try to find out whose cars are the ones with dive stickers. I've got quite a few dive buddies from work and it all started because of a little dive sticker that one person had.

chuckm
09-29-2007, 08:15
I'm certainly not a fan of cute diving stickers - or stickers in general on my cars. The only thing I would consider would be a small dive flag sticker on the rear window.

Suther2136
09-29-2007, 08:23
Nothing on my car, I don't go for stickers of any kind. 'cept the required state inspection sticker, don't like that either.

divingmedic
09-29-2007, 09:42
I really dislike have any sticker on my car at all. I do have one little sticker right by my inspection/registration sticker. It is a Texas Paramedic sticker. It does have limited diplomatic immunity. :D

jlittlejohn321
09-29-2007, 10:06
Yeah i got a Florida Sticker that has dive flag colors and a shark with dive colors

Charles R
09-29-2007, 10:37
Yeah i got a Florida Sticker that has dive flag colors and a shark with dive colors

Just curious are you one of the people in your profile Pic? if so do you own a car?

paintsnow
09-29-2007, 21:11
once i get a car, i plan on getting the light up hitch cover from scubatoys

IrishSquid
09-29-2007, 22:30
I got my little dive flag in the rear window, U.S. Navy on the bumper, and gun control is hitting what you aim at; next to it!

:smiley20:

Greg Gebhardt
10-04-2007, 12:22
Little fish like christian fish but with fins and tank - plastic not really a bumper sticker but I felt it was in the spirit of the question.

datamunk
10-06-2007, 00:14
i used to have a few...

Divers do it Deeper
Dive Naked
Florida state dive flag

and my instructor stuck a PADI Seal sticker over the orange on my FL license plate ;P

JipThePeople
10-06-2007, 01:31

What he said. That's the same reason I don't put a Fender Guitars or Marshall Amps sticker on my car!

shanenurse
10-06-2007, 14:29
someone asked earlier bout static cling diver down flags. found them on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCUBA-DIVING-WINDOW-STICKER-DECAL-static-cling-NO-MESS_W0QQitemZ220156372838QQihZ012QQcategoryZ1300Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

chace_nicole
10-07-2007, 18:07
My friend has a plate on the front of her care...dive flag, but the diagonal stripe is a female scuba diver instead of a line. Trying to find it online..very cute!

Scubastud16
10-07-2007, 22:57
No, unfortunately not. I'm a car-show type of guy, and I try and keep the stickers down. The only one I have on there now is my fraternity letters, and it's pretty small.

BobArnold8265
10-08-2007, 07:52
I have an SSI sticker, Bonaire sticker and Dive Flag sticker on my cars.

Tom A
10-10-2007, 19:56
i have a mds sticker from guam

Condor
10-11-2007, 14:28
My LDS wouldn't carry them. They don't like pushing somebody else's product line (don't tell me you've never seen a Ford on the bottom).

caroln
10-12-2007, 11:39
I hate stickers in general, and really really hate them on my car. I will put a small window cling in the back window now that someone posted that link, and my LDS also sells those license plate surround things--only they have the dive flag on them. We have to have 2 license plates so can't do any of those fun scuba plates.

RoadRacer1978
10-12-2007, 12:36
Got my DAN sticker on back window.

gthomas
10-16-2007, 12:54
I have a Texas shaped sticker on my SUV. Its the only one my husband allows. His has a thing about stickers.

mm2002
10-16-2007, 18:09
I have the dive flag and a PADI sticker on the Suburban. I don't care for stickers, but they're small and tastefully placed.

Clanggedin
10-16-2007, 18:45
Nope, but I put one one my brother's car.

fire diver
10-16-2007, 18:48
Nope, but I put one one my brother's car.

SpaceGhost has a brother?

GrtLks
10-16-2007, 19:04
I have a small DAN sticker on my back window.

Kokomo
10-16-2007, 20:04
There is a small dive flag that says SCUBA DIVER on the back and a small DAN sticker on the driver's window low in the corner.

UCFKnightDiver
10-18-2007, 12:36
once i get a car, i plan on getting the light up hitch cover from scubatoys
hmmm unless your car has a trailer hitch you may be outta luck.

Boris42
10-20-2007, 08:35
small dive flag on rear window

bostondivegirl
10-21-2007, 19:32
I'm waiting to go to my LDS and get my new sticker....just bought a new car and don't have a new sticker yet....soon

cshel
10-21-2007, 20:08
I have a NC License Plate that is a Divers plate on the back and a plate on the front from my LDS. You see I'm a diver coming and going!

You can see it here:
NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles: Search / View Specialized Plates (http://www.ncdot.org/DMV/vehicle_services/licenseplates/specializedSearch.html?plateType=5&pickPlate=443)

I'm DI 0351

cshel
10-22-2007, 18:31
I think Virginia has the same type plates....

K8brandt
10-22-2007, 19:15
I think Virginia has the same type plates....

Not VA, we didn't get the required 350 applicants. My plate though in anticipation is (and will remain)...

Big Mike
10-23-2007, 19:51
I have a DAN Sticker on my rear window

robjoubert
02-16-2008, 00:00
Yes - I got them from Dive Stickers, Buttons & Fun Stuff : CafePress.com : Shop Over 35 Million Unique Products (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/dive/-/cfpt_674%3a____D___G______P___b7_a2_________a3/source_searchBox)

For Nitrowill:

robjoubert
02-16-2008, 00:05
Also from CafePress.com - on my car and on my dive box:

robjoubert
02-16-2008, 00:07
And one I REALLY want to get:

CompuDude
02-16-2008, 01:57
I avoid dive flags. I have a dive sticker, but I keep it somewhat subtle: A Dive Matrix sticker that doesn't scream scuba unless you take the time to read it.
http://www.h2ogeek.com/DiveMatrix-H2OGEEK_IMG_6104%20(Medium).JPG

pyre24
02-16-2008, 05:04
also got the small dive flag

DRNightdiver
02-16-2008, 07:47
No stick but I'd like to get front license plate cover.

FOUNDATIONER
02-16-2008, 09:28
Yup..
Flag sticker on car,truck,motorcycle and scooter..wife wont let me put
one on her car:smiley29:

hoobascooba
02-16-2008, 09:44
got a diver down flag sticker on back window of truck.

terrillja
02-16-2008, 10:08
No sticker yet, but if my dad and I are considering getting a DAN O2 kit. (We dive in areas where an ambulance would take 40+ minutes to get there and the fd would be maybe 20, depends on the volunteer response time.)

If we get a DAN O2 kit in march when they are 10% off, we will put the DAN O2 onboard stickers on the cars that would carry the kit. Better to give the fd a heads up that the car could be carrying a compressed oxidizer in case of emergency.(car fire, etc)

Though I obviously wouldn't leave the unit in the car all the time, could lead to a big boom if it was hot enough.

Super-Duper Scubasteve
02-16-2008, 10:17
I don't have a sticker, though I've seen someone with a license plate that said "DVRDOWN" At first I thought the guy's tivo/DVR was down :smiley36:

johnyringo
02-16-2008, 10:20
Small dive flag in the rear window and a Ron Jon Surf Shop sticker I got in Cozumel.

DarinMartell
02-16-2008, 11:00
Dan sticker, My wife won't let me put any more on :smiley19:, Which I think is funny, can't mess up the bumper or commit to a cause with stickers but that "tramp stamp" is no problem! :smiley36:

johnyringo
02-16-2008, 13:59
that "tramp stamp" is no problem!

Ha Ha, know what you mean!

kev99
02-16-2008, 14:11
I have a small DAN sticker and a Zeagle sticker on the back window of my truck.

CompuDude
02-16-2008, 15:44
No sticker yet, but if my dad and I are considering getting a DAN O2 kit. (We dive in areas where an ambulance would take 40+ minutes to get there and the fd would be maybe 20, depends on the volunteer response time.)

If we get a DAN O2 kit in march when they are 10% off, we will put the DAN O2 onboard stickers on the cars that would carry the kit. Better to give the fd a heads up that the car could be carrying a compressed oxidizer in case of emergency.(car fire, etc)

Though I obviously wouldn't leave the unit in the car all the time, could lead to a big boom if it was hot enough.

Tanks won't explode when left in the car, unless something is wrong with the tank (or it's burst disk). More of a concern is the heat effect on the rubber bits, long term. As long as you regularly inspect things, however, it should be fine.

terrillja
02-16-2008, 15:49

Tanks won't explode when left in the car, unless something is wrong with the tank (or it's burst disk). More of a concern is the heat effect on the rubber bits, long term. As long as you regularly inspect things, however, it should be fine.
Well as far as I know, the valves on the dan O2 bottles don't have burst discs, but I may be wrong. All I have seen on them is the wheel to open the valve, and the single pin indexed outlet, no burst disc, but I don't have one in front of me now.

CompuDude
02-16-2008, 16:11

Well as far as I know, the valves on the dan O2 bottles don't have burst discs, but I may be wrong. All I have seen on them is the wheel to open the valve, and the single pin indexed outlet, no burst disc, but I don't have one in front of me now.

I was speaking more generally, but there, you have just eliminated the main concern.

mike_s
02-16-2008, 20:20
can't believe I missed this thread before.

I've got a bumper sticker with a Dive Flag and the words:

"WORK SUCKS!!! I'M GOING DIVING!!!"

KGNickl
02-16-2008, 20:51
No sticker. Only stickers I put on my car is parking stickers and I would rather not have them on there.

Ohmdiver
02-16-2008, 21:39
Stickers on all three cars, my tool boxes in the garage, hard hat, Lawn mower, & Travel trailer,

Made a Ford oval dive flag.

BeachBunnyCrissy
02-16-2008, 22:26
I have one that says "Scuba Bunny" and my license plate cover says I'd rather be diving

AMASKU8200
02-17-2008, 23:15
Texas Dive Flag On The Tail Gate

cmburch
02-18-2008, 02:52
No I do not mark my vehicle, because in certain secluded areas between Moss Landing and South of Carmel, even in Mendocino, thieves may target diver's vehicles. Because they know they are in the water and not around their cars; and may have discovered that divers have left their wallets, house keys, house addresses in the car and maybe expensive gear. In Mendocino, divers have had their gear stolen at night while they slept.

Splitlip
02-18-2008, 12:35
No I do not mark my vehicle, because in certain secluded areas between Moss Landing and South of Carmel, even in Mendocino, thieves may target diver's vehicles. Because they know they are in the water and not around their cars; and may have discovered that divers have left their wallets, house keys, house addresses in the car and maybe expensive gear. In Mendocino, divers have had their gear stolen at night while they slept.

I never worried about marking my vehicle,

However, I am concerned when I do a shore dive. The only spot in my area for a decent shore dive is the Blue heron bridge at Phil Foster park. It is not in the best neighborhood.

The dive stickers don't mean much. The bad guys can just show up before high tide and watch the divers gear up and pack their wallets away in the cars.
When I dive there, I have a car key clipped off to my harness and a credit card, debit card license and cash in one of those water proof beach banks in my trunks under my wetsuit.

Good point though.

DZorn00
02-18-2008, 12:57
two LDS stickers, Akona, Mares

marchand
02-18-2008, 20:01
I have a diver down flag plate on the front, another one on the back glass, and a Dive Rite sticker, and a LDS sticker also on the back glass.

maggs_the
02-18-2008, 20:04

Flatliner
aka Robert

which is the case once you start diving... all your money and valuables are given in trade for dive gear which you'd have with you at that moment.. nicely summed up Flatliner :)

Loves2Dive
02-18-2008, 20:51
cmbirch,

I have to question where you got your info on car break-ins in Carmel. I have dove both Monastery and the breakwater/Canery Row many times (certified in Monterey Bay) and have never had an incident, nor know of anyone who has.

Please enlighten us if you have speciic inbfo. it would be most helpful.

Thanks

fisheater
02-18-2008, 21:14
My dive sticker worked out well for me today.

I was having a lunch meeting with the leadership of my Boy Scout troop and when I came out, I found a business card on the driver's side window of a local diver and author promoting his book, Bluewater Gold Rush.

I'd seen the book in some of my LDSs and, now that I know that the author is a local diver, I'm going to buy it. I'm also going to see if we could get together for some dives. I'd noticed a truck a few parking spaces down with a diver down sticker when I parked, so I'm assuming that was him.

divingchef
02-18-2008, 21:21
mine says "cabo pulmo divers" right next to the "88" sticker...

plot
02-18-2008, 21:24
why would you like anything associated with UPS?

mb104
02-18-2008, 21:34
Mine says: "Got new scuba gear for the wife....sure was a good trade".

My wife hates it, but it gets some laughs after people take a second to think about it.

I've also got a NJDive.com sticker, and a dive flag as my trailer hitch light that illuminates when I turn on my car or brake.

FishFood
02-18-2008, 21:46
why would you like anything associated with UPS?

Maybe he means Heil Hitler? :smilie40:

cmburch
02-18-2008, 22:41
cmburch,

I have to question where you got your info on car break-ins in Carmel. I have dove both Monastery and the breakwater/Cannery Row many times (certified in Monterey Bay) and have never had an incident, nor know of anyone who has.

Please enlighten us if you have specific info. it would be most helpful.

Thanks
The divers and Park Rangers, sometimes posted at dive shops or parking area or campsite. Del Monte Beach to Lovers Point or Carmel Bay - Monastery Beach are not secluded areas. There are a lot of people and vehicles in these areas. Though an FBI agent had the boat motor stolen from his inflatable while parked at his hotel. He posted at the Bamboo Reef Dive Shop. There are some nice dive locations south of Carmel Bay past Pt. Lobos that divers have had problems - before and after Garapata. Also the secluded parking areas north of Elkhorn Slough. In Mendocino, Van Damme and Russian Gulch are posted at the information areas. Some agencies list their crime statistics. I would not know whether it is State Park, HWY Patrol, or County Sheriff in these areas. I hope this helps.

maggs_the
02-19-2008, 05:59
cmbirch,

Please enlighten us if you have speciic inbfo. it would be most helpful.

Thanks

uhh... what was that you said?

maggs_the
02-19-2008, 06:01
Mine says: "Got new scuba gear for the wife....sure was a good trade".

My wife hates it, but it gets some laughs after people take a second to think about it.

I've also got a NJDive.com sticker, and a dive flag as my trailer hitch light that illuminates when I turn on my car or brake.

HA!! my boyfriend has that on his truck! he put it on there in reference to his EX-wife but people still look at ME after they've read it and laughed and give me that, "you dont mind??" stare .. ha!

lisacay
02-19-2008, 10:19
small dive flag in rear window

Hollywood703
03-16-2008, 12:06
No sticker for me, just an advertisement that there might be something worth stealing inside!

doczerothree
03-16-2008, 12:29
Haven't found one that fits........MY car......GET IT??... . .OYE!!

This really IS a tough room!!!

JTMoney
03-18-2008, 05:40
See av.

Osprey
03-18-2008, 07:26
See av.

:smiley20: I have that one too! I love it

plot
03-18-2008, 20:20
Haven't found one that fits........MY car......GET IT??... . .OYE!!

This really IS a tough room!!!

I don't get it. :smiley5:

aggie99
03-23-2008, 00:27
No sticker, but I have heard it helps if you break down. I have heard fellow divers tend to stop and help.

Note: Apologies if this has been noted in the previous 19 pages, didn't really feel like reading that much :)

FyVe
03-23-2008, 08:52
i just saw that little chrome jesus fish, but with feet and wearing a tank, and it says Scuba in it. i like those.

http://www.reefscuba.com/images/scubafish.jpg

comet24
03-23-2008, 09:01
No stickers on my car.

Osprey
03-23-2008, 09:54
You can get that plaque at northernsun.com, I have the shark plaque myself :)

mm2002
03-23-2008, 11:25
No sticker, but I have heard it helps if you break down. I have heard fellow divers tend to stop and help.

I'm not sure I'd want to sit there long enough for a diver to drive by. Around here that could be weeks! :smiley36:

microbe boy
03-23-2008, 11:54
I have a hogfish in the colors of a dive flag, a sea turtle as well (that one my wife put on - its a little girly).

jtkkym
03-23-2008, 12:38
NO, I don't have one.

Aussie
03-25-2008, 07:23
Well my mate has personalised Number plates "DIVE". I think they are the best and was surprised that no one else had them.

Aussie

mselizann
03-25-2008, 07:43
My one car just has a license plate frame- scuba diver
my old jeep though is a different story- I have 2 DAN stickers, Rum Pt Grand Cayman, Gilboa Quarry, Dive Bunny , Dive Goddess, I puffy heart scuba

teehee- I think the stickers are the only things holding it together

texdiveguy
03-25-2008, 08:22
DAN and TDI stickers.

h2odragon1
03-25-2008, 09:43
License Plate holder. "I LOVE DIVING":smiley20::smiley20:

ScottZeagle
03-25-2008, 13:49
I have an old, old Zeagle sticker on my car.

It is all cracked and antique looking.

I really should put a new one on there, I suppose...it could kinda be considered embarrasing.

:)

MSilvia
03-25-2008, 15:29
I've got a dark blue IANTD sticker... unless you knew what it was or bothered to read it up close, it probably wouldn't draw attention. It certainly doesn't scream "dive gear on board".

scubasamurai
03-25-2008, 15:44
license plate with a pirate diver and stickers all over my roof rack! especially the akona frog sticker, i like that one. as crime. hell leave the car open and you can have it. my credit and dl are plastic and waterproof so it comes with me and if your sill enough to steal my phone, than your going to get more than an ear full from the credit card people hahah

MicahEW
03-29-2008, 12:21
I have a green NAUI Nitrox Dover sticker on the back of my truck

mentalmarine
03-29-2008, 12:24
I have the free DAN sticker and the dive flag/shark sticker on my Xterra.

tndiverdude
03-29-2008, 20:31
Before we left for OBX last year for our daughters birthday, she and I painted dive flags on teh bumper. We drive an old Crown Vic and we have two dive flags on the bumper on the back and one on the front.
jimmy

mobeeno
04-12-2008, 19:52
Got one dive flag sticker and damn proud of it!

joshdlay
04-13-2008, 00:38
I have the sticker of a scuba diver that you get when you buy a new Scubapro wet suit. Kind of corny but I think it is kind of neat.

skippy11
04-13-2008, 10:37
I have a dive flag shaped like a turtle on the back of my suv. Some other people in our town have "I love Scuba Beer" on their cars; which is kinda cute!

beluga
04-13-2008, 11:41
Nothing on the car but I've got some on the laptop.

mobeeno
04-13-2008, 13:33
Nothing on the car but I've got some on the laptop.
I have a few on my rinse tub

EuphoriaII
04-14-2008, 10:25
I tend to take my son's pickup when diving and I put a small flag sticker on it but he peeled it off.
I tend to keep all stickers and stuff off of my own daily driver

Jellybeandiver
04-28-2008, 20:37
Yeah well of course. I work at a dive shop so I have a shop sticker and other flag stickers on my car

CFDAlden
04-29-2008, 00:03
A small 3"x5" flag on my bumper...

mulefeathers
04-29-2008, 08:51
One sticker on rear window that is the riffe lggo.

Dive4Fun
05-02-2008, 09:10
I've got the Ford Oval Dive flag on the tailgate of my F-150 and the dive flag front vanity plate.

nashwl
05-02-2008, 14:38
I have a dive flag front plate on my driving car. My good car doesnt have anything yet.

harb99
05-03-2008, 16:38
none for me - just do not do any stickers on the truck

Cheddarchick
05-03-2008, 18:31
License plate flag!!!

elijahb
05-03-2008, 22:12
how about the oxygen sticker many people seem to have those in my area
the next most common is DUI
btw I live in edmonton

spatman
05-04-2008, 08:30
no stickers on my car. the main reason is that my wife would kill me. the second reason is that some of the spots we dive are sometimes devoid of people. a smart thief knows that a diver will be gone for a while and unable to hear the sounds of a break-in. so in some spots, a dive flag sticker is like a "rob me" sign on your car...

wolfen42
05-06-2008, 11:12
I've got one of the free Diver down stickers that Birds UnderWater gives out down in florida but now I'm wondering if I should look into some sort of innocuous magnet thingy to cover it up with when I'm actually diving somewhere... :)

You know, something that says, "I took my wallet and valuables with me in a waterproof pouch so don't bother breaking into my car!"

DOWNDEEP73
05-07-2008, 19:33
I have a diver w/speargun sticker on back window and a Bone Diver Front Tag!

DOWNDEEP73
05-11-2008, 20:55
I have a diver w/speargun sticker on back window and a Bone Diver Front Tag!
I got two more stickers but can't decide if it would be too much on the back glass.

Eurodiver
05-13-2008, 10:35

Like a thief can't see you get your stuff out of the car. Kind of hard to hide a BCD, fins, wet suit, tank, and stuff.

Some one thought it would be funny to stick a K2 snowboard stomp pad to the back of my XTerra so yeah that is there. 2 from my friend Pete's snowboard shop in Austria Lolita's Cherry and La Resistance. One that says Growing old IS for sissy's! And I think there is one from Birkenstock on there somewhere. Pete told me to take that one off it is cheesy. Oh yeah and one from DogFunk.com. And the back window in Old English script PIT BULL GERMANY.
My XTerra is the "Toss it in Lanna's XTerra and lets go vehicle." That is why Mr. Man is buying me a BWM. I need something that doesn't have Snowboard gear, ski stuff, dive stuff, dog hair, water bottles in it. Oddly enough NO dive stickers yet.
I bought one for my husband for his upcoming promotion that says "DIVE NAKED" but there is no way in Haiti he will put THAT on his BMW.
I think he said he would put it in his office or something.

Bill1979
05-14-2008, 18:17
small flag onthe rear window of my free camry.

Bert
05-15-2008, 05:19
I have the stickers,and a truck, but the stickers are not on the truck. If I get a POS second car/truck I might put stickers on it.

coral cowgirl
05-15-2008, 11:59
Nope, I'm low key.......no bumper stickers of any kind.

dive10killer
06-11-2008, 07:56
Small Dive Flag in corner of back glass.

USF_Diver
06-11-2008, 08:34
Small dive flag on my rear glass.

scootermcfly
06-11-2008, 09:26
I have thought about it in the past but I kind of want to keep my dive gear from getting grabbed.

mike_s
06-11-2008, 10:03
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/mikes2006/misc_images/IMAG0056.jpg

chris408
06-11-2008, 10:46
I've got a California shaped dive flag.

longtailbda
06-11-2008, 10:54
I never put any stickers on car, don't need people breaking in looking for something I advertised.

cowgirldiver
06-11-2008, 12:42
I don't like to put stickers on my car either. But what I have been thinking about is one of those magnets like you see on cars all the time-like the different colored ribbons, but a dive flag instead. Then you could display it when you want or take it off if you were somewhere you were worried about displaying it. And...if you get a new car-just take it with you. You could probably also get one small enough for a motorcycle. I'm going to check with one of our local trophy shops to see if they can do those.

mobeeno
06-14-2008, 20:25
Yes I do

GIFFMANN
09-04-2008, 15:22
So....I'll drag this one back up. I don't have one yet, but need to get a dive flag for the truck. It will go opposite my NRA sticker.

BoomerNJ
09-04-2008, 15:30
I do... It's just a reflective dive flag, nothing fancy...

monant
09-04-2008, 15:30
Nope, I don't care to do free advertising.

Warren
09-04-2008, 15:46
No stickers for me...

I like to travel incognito... :smiley16:

caroln
09-04-2008, 20:07
I hate stickers but I'll be putting a license plate frame thingy on the new dive mobile as soon as I can get to the dive shop.

thagar
09-04-2008, 21:59
I don't have one right now. I was thinking about getting one, maybe next time I am at my LDS.

fisheater
09-04-2008, 23:23
I put on my club's sticker recently.

http://scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Pimped_Ride.JPG

neugierig
09-05-2008, 10:19
yes, i have one of my favorite dive op and a 'warning: divers onboard' sticker on the back window of my pickup

BlueC5Kitten
09-05-2008, 15:50
Decals are cool...but magnets are better!

Unless your car is made of fiberglass...

BTW, had a Texas-shaped dive flag sticker on my car's back glass and someone asked me, "What's with the 'No Texas' sticker?"

I couldn't stop :smilie39: to answer them...probably thought I was bonkers!

robanna
09-05-2008, 16:20
I don't like to advertise. Next thing you know your in a deep conversation a some parking lot with a complete stranger wondering the whole time how you can tactful ditch this person.

CompuDude
09-05-2008, 16:25
I don't like to advertise. Next thing you know your in a deep conversation a some parking lot with a complete stranger wondering the whole time how you can tactful ditch this person.

What is this word "tactful"? :smilie39:

USF_Diver
09-08-2008, 06:27
Small dive flag on the rear window of suv

lemon lime
09-08-2008, 06:38
Apart from registration stickers, I don't have any stickers on my car .

trekkindave
09-08-2008, 08:11
http://forum.scubatoys.com/attachments/surface-interval/2963d1220921190-do-you-have-any-type-diving-sticker-your-car-frog-skeleton-trident2.jpgI go through spurts of stickers and no stickers... i dont have any diving stickers right now though except this one frog skeleton with a trident i found.. its pretty cool looking in my opinion. Looks kind of like a logo or something, but i cant figure out what it from.

Anyone know if its a company logo or something?

CompuDude
09-08-2008, 19:21
I go through spurts of stickers and no stickers... i dont have any diving stickers right now though except this one frog skeleton with a trident i found.. its pretty cool looking in my opinion. Looks kind of like a logo or something, but i cant figure out what it from.

Anyone know if its a company logo or something?

Sounds like one of the amphibious outfitters froggies?

BillS
09-08-2008, 22:16
Small diver down flag on rear window.

NeveSSL
09-09-2008, 22:34
I don't have one yet, but I've been on the lookout for one. :)

Who else thinks ScubaToys.com should be on a nice bumper sticker? :D

Brandon

Pelado
09-10-2008, 00:12
Got a little dive flag at the back side of my little white car... looks nice. It is one of the first things I bought for the car.

namabiru
09-10-2008, 22:51
Yep. On the lower left side of the back window I have a red and white diver down flag. Too bad this photo was taken before I put the sticker on...
http://bp1.blogger.com/_nRaeb-VIJqE/R72pD2y73CI/AAAAAAAAAQc/sNrHmRUspI4/s1600-h/DSCF0133.JPG