PDA

View Full Version : 15 Minute Workout

JTMoney
07-16-2008, 19:17
Let me preface by saying this isn't my only workout. This is just something I do when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to do a full workout. One of those times being when I'm on my "smoke break." I don't smoke, and I can't stand sitting in a chair for 8 hours so I go up to the gym for my break. It's bad on the days that I forget to bring a shirt to change into.

Just figured I would share, you can adjust the numbers to fit your fitness level, and the gym at work is pretty small so I can move from one thing to the other fairly quickly. I tried it at my regular gym and it took a little longer.

Pushups:
3 sets of 15

Pull Ups (pyramid):

Dips (pyramid):
5, 10, 15, 10, 5

Sit-ups:
As many as can be done in 1 minute. After 1 minute do as many as it take to reach 100 from the previous set.

Pushups:
As many as can be done in 1 minute. Finish off the set at 50 if you didn't reach higher

Pull Ups:
20 total in however many sets it takes

Dips (pyramid):
3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3

Sit-ups:
1 set of 30

This is the basic workout I'll do. On days when I've worked out pretty hard before work I'll do less, more on easier days or days when work is going pretty slow. As always, consult your physician before starting any new exercise routine.:smiley2: And it's important to keep up the pace, moving from one workout to the other with as little a break as possible.

Sasha_K
07-16-2008, 22:48
if you can do all this in 15 min, you are pretty fit man!

JTMoney
07-17-2008, 00:23
if you can do all this in 15 min, you are pretty fit man!

Thanks! I just usually have to put a floor fan on blowing directly at me when I get done. It really helps the day go by though. I can't stand going home with my legs feeling sore from sitting down. I'm always worried I'll end up with a clot or something.

USF_Diver
07-17-2008, 10:00
Thats sort of like the workout they used for the cast of 300, its a short workout but fast paced, they time theres and see if they can beat there workout times.

SlvrDragon50
07-17-2008, 12:31
Darn

I can't do even one pull up.

JTMoney
07-17-2008, 14:30
Darn

I can't do even one pull up.

We all have to start somewhere. A lot of gyms have machines that will counter some of your weight so you aren't pulling up your whole body. It's good to start on those then slowly take away weight as you increase strength. Before I started working out I couldn't do a single pull up. Then I started running and exercising a lot more and the next time I tried I did 13.

LittleOtter
07-18-2008, 12:52
Let me preface by saying this isn't my only workout. This is just something I do when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to do a full workout. One of those times being when I'm on my "smoke break." I don't smoke, and I can't stand sitting in a chair for 8 hours so I go up to the gym for my break. It's bad on the days that I forget to bring a shirt to change into.

Just figured I would share, you can adjust the numbers to fit your fitness level, and the gym at work is pretty small so I can move from one thing to the other fairly quickly. I tried it at my regular gym and it took a little longer.

Pushups:
3 sets of 15

Pull Ups (pyramid):

Dips (pyramid):
5, 10, 15, 10, 5

Sit-ups:
As many as can be done in 1 minute. After 1 minute do as many as it take to reach 100 from the previous set.

Pushups:
As many as can be done in 1 minute. Finish off the set at 50 if you didn't reach higher

Pull Ups:
20 total in however many sets it takes

Dips (pyramid):
3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3

Sit-ups:
1 set of 30

This is the basic workout I'll do. On days when I've worked out pretty hard before work I'll do less, more on easier days or days when work is going pretty slow. As always, consult your physician before starting any new exercise routine.:smiley2: And it's important to keep up the pace, moving from one workout to the other with as little a break as possible.

what no divebombers or magic number situps ?

FishOuttaWater
07-27-2008, 09:55
Looks like a good workout to get the heart going. I just bought a pullup bar that you can use in your doorway (without tearing up the door or wall) from Academy for about $30. It's made by Gold's Gym. I can do five or sic pullups so far, but it feels great when you can just crank out one more than before!

chris7241517
08-29-2008, 02:47
so how long it take to get back in shape doing this workout

tndiverdude
08-31-2008, 17:05
just the thought of all that on my wrists make them throb. Not in good health here.

Jimmy

mrbheagney
08-31-2008, 19:57
King Rook to bishop 4 after 15 minutes was as far as I made it.