PDA

View Full Version : Good BC Help!!

singalullabye
07-18-2008, 21:53
Ok I'm a relatively new diver (5 logged dives and NO gear :smiley6:)
I'm looking for a BC, here's my problem. I'm a tiny but with huge breast (32DD all natural). Are their any BCs made for people like that? I've tried on several, if I fit to my waist my breasts don't fit if I fit to my breasts nothing else fits.
HELP!!
Thanks ya'll
Sarah:smiley27:

Splitlip
07-18-2008, 22:51
There are BCD's cut and fit for women.
If you are that small with double D, you might be a candidate for a BPW (Back Plate and Wing). I like them, and don't push them on anybody, but with your build it might be what will fit you best. As they are infinitely adjustable and if it has a 1 piece "HOG" harness there is no chest strap.
How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
You may need to consider a smaller plate than standard.

singalullabye
07-18-2008, 22:54
5 foot 5 in
now promise you won't tell?(heehee) 125lbs
Thanks for you help I'll defiantly look into them.

Ryanh1801
07-18-2008, 22:58
5 foot 5 in

We have several Women BC's at Scuba toys. The Zena has seemed to work with some women with your build that I have had come into the store. Best bet is to come on into Scuba toys and just start putting them all on. A back plate might work also as Splitlip suggested, you will just have to decided if that is what you want to go with.

Splitlip
07-18-2008, 23:08
5 foot 5 in

OK. Definitely check out the BPW in myopinion. You are in Dallas so I suspect you checked the women's BC's at ST.

There is a guy at ST, can't remember his name, who is up on the BPW's. He is a tech diver I think.
But BPW's are not just for tech any more.
You have a small back and large bust, so I would say look into the small Oxycheq plate, 1 piece harness and a wing that works for you. ST carries wings by a number of manfacturers.
If you don't find something that works, PM me.

Foo2
07-18-2008, 23:27
Anything Zeagle!!! They are completely customizable. I would highly recommend the Zena. On the Zena for example, you can get small back, medium shoulders, and a small front panel...or whatever sizes you need. Go to ST and try some on.

snagel
07-19-2008, 07:34
This months Scuba Diving Magazine has a whole section on womens BCD's. Might pick up a copy and will give some good information.

Snagel

Eurodiver
07-22-2008, 03:53
I am a 35 DD {best money I have ever spent except on dive gear} and I just got the Zeagle Zena.
LOVE IT!
Can't wait to use it!
If you call the ST team and tell them you want to order the Zena and give them your measurements they can custom fit you one.
I ordered a Medium straight across the board. Fits the DD's perfect, still have enough play if I lose any more weight. Not that I need to, I am happy at 140 with a 30 waist.

scubasavvy
07-22-2008, 13:10
Anything Zeagle!!! They are completely customizable. I would highly recommend the Zena. On the Zena for example, you can get small back, medium shoulders, and a small front panel...or whatever sizes you need. Go to ST and try some on.

I totally agree with this statement right here. Go with the Zena, which can be customized down to a "T". It'll fit you like a glove!

scubarobin
07-22-2008, 16:16
Seaquest Diva used to be the best on the market for fitting curvy women. It had a built-in bra that held things in place. :smiley2: I have one of those. The newer one on the market isn't nearly as good but you might want to check it out. When I was looking for a BC I had a big problem with most of the women's out there. I am short, 5'3" and so the back of the neck hit me wrong on most of them or they didn't cinch down enough to keep from riding up at the shoulders. The Diva Small fits me like a glove. I also have a Seaquest Libra which is the back inflate style that I use when cold water diving with extra wetsuit and weights, etc. It works well for that.

Best thing is to go to alot of dive shops and try them all on. It is the way I found the Diva. (It was recommended to me by my dive instructor but I didn't listen to her, I still went and tried on a dozen different BC's and then found she was right!)

robin:smiley20:

Lulubelle
07-22-2008, 23:21
OK, since we are putting it all out there...I am a pretty new diver but really want my own equipment, the rental stuff is very hard to fit.

I am having trouble figuring out what BC to get too. Sarah dear, a DD is not huge. I'd be mighty happy with that personally. I am a bit farther up the alphabet.

Anyway, I am quite busty but I am also tall. I have a pretty narrow torso/frame/shoulders which complicates the fit issue, I can't just "size up" to my chest or nothing else fits. My understanding is that the women's BC's have shorter torsos in general, is this true? I am 5'10" so shorter anything isn't good. I've tried the ones with the bra-like fronts and find them very uncomfortable. I want something cut back away from the sides of the breasts, with a chest strap above the breasts, and a nice fit just underneath but above the abdomen. I've tried on SO many, but can't get a good fit all over.

Any hints?

Thanks!:smiley9:

scubarobin
07-23-2008, 07:32
OK, since we are putting it all out there...I am a pretty new diver but really want my own equipment, the rental stuff is very hard to fit.

I am having trouble figuring out what BC to get too. Sarah dear, a DD is not huge. I'd be mighty happy with that personally. I am a bit farther up the alphabet.

Anyway, I am quite busty but I am also tall. I have a pretty narrow torso/frame/shoulders which complicates the fit issue, I can't just "size up" to my chest or nothing else fits. My understanding is that the women's BC's have shorter torsos in general, is this true? I am 5'10" so shorter anything isn't good. I've tried the ones with the bra-like fronts and find them very uncomfortable. I want something cut back away from the sides of the breasts, with a chest strap above the breasts, and a nice fit just underneath but above the abdomen. I've tried on SO many, but can't get a good fit all over.

Any hints?

that is exactly what the Seaquest Libra does.... go check one out. I bet you could wear the small. If not that BC, then start looking for a backplate and wings.

Truered1
07-27-2008, 21:55
Ok I'm a relatively new diver (5 logged dives and NO gear :smiley6:)
I'm looking for a BC, here's my problem. I'm a tiny but with huge breast (32DD all natural). Are their any BCs made for people like that? I've tried on several, if I fit to my waist my breasts don't fit if I fit to my breasts nothing else fits.
HELP!!
Thanks ya'll
Sarah:smiley27:

Sarah I also am huge up top (36 - 38DD) and the only one I found comfortable and ADJUSTABLE was the Oceanic Hera. I love it and it has plenty of room and a nice size comberbun to pull it tight around the waist. It is adjustable from the back for the shoulders and also has 2 other places in the front to adjust across the chest and on each side. Hope this helps

Truered1
07-27-2008, 21:59

Any hints?

I went thru at least 10 different brands, mens and womens to fit me up top and the Hera covered it all. The strap across the top of the breasts is in just the right spot and the two along the sides make them perfect. Even though I have a short torso it can be let out I believe 3 more lenths from the back plate for taller or longer torso women. Very comfortable and I liked the comberbun on this one better than most. It is wide but doesn't bother me.

obrules15
07-28-2008, 08:43
38DD short wasted, I dive the Zeagle Lazer, it might be better for you than the Zena -- I got it customized to fit perfectly.

Lulubelle
07-28-2008, 14:34
Thanks for all of the ideas ladies. I will probably try on all of your suggested ones. Tried the Zeagle Zena, took a medium shoulder (I am 5'10) and a large torso. Didn't love the part that came up over the front of the chest, but otherwise it fit well.

Tried on the Ranger but the back was way too low and not comfortable for me. Front straps also hit me at an uncomfortable place.

I would feel dainty at a DD, I'm a 36 but wayabove a DD. Hate it! That's why I'd like to find one that fits well but doesn't have anything going over top of the girls.

Lulubelle

obrules15
07-28-2008, 15:10
Thanks for all of the ideas ladies. I will probably try on all of your suggested ones. Tried the Zeagle Zena, took a medium shoulder (I am 5'10) and a large torso. Didn't love the part that came up over the front of the chest, but otherwise it fit well.

Tried on the Ranger but the back was way too low and not comfortable for me. Front straps also hit me at an uncomfortable place.

I would feel dainty at a DD, I'm a 36 but wayabove a DD. Hate it! That's why I'd like to find one that fits well but doesn't have anything going over top of the girls.

Lulubelle

Try the Lazer and try on or get measured for different back sizes. It sounds like the Ranger you tried on was stock size. P.S. I take off the chest strap, fits better and around the girls then.

scubarobin
07-28-2008, 18:13
yeah, I never use the chest strap on my Libra.... hubby says the BC makes me look like a Fembot (think Austin Powers).... LOL :smiley20:

Lulubelle
07-28-2008, 21:13
Hi ladies, I didn't mean the chest strap, I was talking about the over the shoulder straps that came right down on top of the girls. Ick. The only part of the Zena I didn't like was the part that came from right under the bust up and over them. Well, up and over the center of them anyway!

I like the chest straps if they are in exactly the right place (not too high, not too low) but as I am trying them on, I'll see how they do without the chest strap being fastened. If it wasn't surgery, i would have perfect C's by golly.

I'm sure I look pretty Amazonian in a BC too!

So, speaking of gender issues, go to Man world and check out the VERY long thread on peeing. Good lord, what is it about men and potty training issues?

L

Lulubelle
07-28-2008, 21:20
[/quote]Try the Lazer and try on or get measured for different back sizes. It sounds like the Ranger you tried on was stock size. P.S. I take off the chest strap, fits better and around the girls then.[/quote]

Hi Obrules,

The Ranger I tried was the right size, they put in smaller shoulders and such for me, it just wasn't cut right on the back. I will try the Lazer for sure. It doesn't have the front "bra" pieces like the Zena. They bug me when I move side to side.

Someone please tell me how to do this quote thing if this doesn't work!

L

obrules15
07-28-2008, 21:26
Try the Lazer and try on or get measured for different back sizes. It sounds like the Ranger you tried on was stock size. P.S. I take off the chest strap, fits better and around the girls then.[/quote]

Hi Obrules,

The Ranger I tried was the right size, they put in smaller shoulders and such for me, it just wasn't cut right on the back. I will try the Lazer for sure. It doesn't have the front "bra" pieces like the Zena. They bug me when I move side to side.

Someone please tell me how to do this quote thing if this doesn't work!

L[/quote]

The chest strap we are talking about is just a one inch chest strap that hooks the over the shoulder chest straps together. If you try to hook it up when trying on the Lazer you will be miserable. And trust me, I understand about the Zena, that's why I don't dive it. :smiley36:

scubarobin
07-29-2008, 09:07
the Seaquest Libra should straps come over the shoulder then curve back around the girls. Hence, my fembot reference. They really frame things, if ya know what I mean.

acceb0721
08-03-2008, 21:40
Personally, I love the Oceanic Hera. It is fully customizable, and does not smush anything. I use the top strap, it does not get in the way and is not so high that it chokes me, but it could be left undone.