PDA

View Full Version : Kudo's to Aeris & Oceanic

texarkandy
08-10-2007, 07:24
Dive computer locked up on me & wouldn't reset - called Aeris & was on hold no more than 3 minutes!! - nice friendly knowledgeable fellow came on line - spoke English even - no "transfer you to somebody else" & no "e-mail us with a description of the problem" - described to me how to remove battery, wait ten minutes, & replace to reset - didn't make me feel like a total noob idiot - (I also learned that if you pull the cable out in the middle of a download you just might lock your computer up!!!!)

Came home from a trip to CSSP - noticed bezel missing off my compass - now how could that have happened since I always handle my rig carefully? Must have come off during a dive. E-mailed Oceanic - got a response same day asking which model of compass - I don't know, so I cut & pasted a picture of it off ST website & e-mailed back - my new bezel was shipped yesterday, no charge!

Good customer service Aeris & Oceanic!!! Thanks

(Oh, & thanks ST for the customer service & good deal on the gear too!!!)

the gooch
08-10-2007, 12:00
Good to hear. Makes me happy to own an Aeris computer in case I need anything.

creggur
08-10-2007, 12:33
Same here with my Oceanic Veo.
Thanks for sharing your experience!!

letsgodiving
08-10-2007, 15:06
I had to take my Atmos back to the LDs with a problem. He made a call to Aeris, and they told him to give me a new one over the phone. The LDs told me they were one of the best companies to work with.

reservecops
08-10-2007, 17:01
He made a call to Aeris, and they told him to give me a new one over the phone.Why didn't he just give you one in person? :smilie39:

(Yea, I know: lame. But, alas ...)

letsgodiving
08-10-2007, 18:06
He made a call to Aeris, and they told him to give me a new one over the phone.Why didn't he just give you one in person? :smilie39:

(Yea, I know: lame. But, alas ...)

LOL :smilie39:

Splitlip
08-10-2007, 18:57
Aeris was always very goog to me. Great customer service.

Phestr
08-10-2007, 19:03
My buddy has gone through 3 ATOM 2's. Everytime he takes it to the LDS, they call Oceanic and get toldto give him a new one. Considering the fact that this guy has no other gauges, Oceanic is keeping him in the water. They have my loyalty, and I haven't even had to take any gear in!

nferra2
08-10-2007, 20:52
Well, I just narrowed down my computer selection when I decide to buy one. I wonder if they have any refurbs since they take them back so quickly....

ScubaToys Larry
08-11-2007, 00:57
Well, I just narrowed down my computer selection when I decide to buy one. I wonder if they have any refurbs since they take them back so quickly....

They normally don't sell the refurbs. They take in something that didn't work, then totally refurb it. Then if say, one and a half years from now, when they are not making a model anymore, if yours has a problem, they can replace it with a refurb.

They (aeris and oceanic) have always been a great company to deal with... it's why we sell so much of their product. I know I will never get into a tug of war with them when it comes to taking care of my customers. They ask how I want it done... then they do it.

DivingsInMyBlood
08-11-2007, 01:06

They normally don't sell the refurbs. They take in something that didn't work, then totally refurb it. Then if say, one and a half years from now, when they are not making a model anymore, if yours has a problem, they can replace it with a refurb.

They (aeris and oceanic) have always been a great company to deal with... it's why we sell so much of their product. I know I will never get into a tug of war with them when it comes to taking care of my customers. They ask how I want it done... then they do it.

Good to know that aeris and oceanic are great companies, ive read on other sites how some of the other companies are hard to get them to help you out with dive computers when they go wrong. i think i know who i'll be buying a computer from when i get the cash.

quarrydiver
08-11-2007, 11:06
If you don't need nitrox capability, the Aeris XR1 is a good way to start. It's cheap and will make a nice backup if you upgrade to a nitrox computer.

creggur
08-11-2007, 13:13

Very smart business move, and a great way to take care of their customers for the long term on what can be very expensive items.

They (aeris and oceanic) have always been a great company to deal with... it's why we sell so much of their product. I know I will never get into a tug of war with them when it comes to taking care of my customers. They ask how I want it done... then they do it.Once again a prime example of true customer service in action. Good to see a manufacturer truly work with their retail partners to take care of the end user...I mean your customers are their customers, it's good that they realize that and do what's right...A lot of companies are too myopic to do business this way!!! Kudos to Aeris/Oceanic!!:smiley20:

Zenagirl
08-11-2007, 13:40
When my Aeris compass developed a bubble in it, there were no questions from Aeris/Oceanic OR ScubaToys. I sent the compass back to ScubaToys and they sent me a new compass by return mail.