PDA

View Full Version : Tenkiller Conditions?????

snagel
07-19-2008, 08:13
We are getting down to crunch time - heading to Tulsa next weekend (7/26). Plans are/were to dive Tenkiller, but not crazy about 3' viz - Are things improving?

Plan B might be to make a trip back up Interstate 44 to Oronogo if the viz is that bad at Tenkiller.

Need some updates - Can anybody help?

Snagel

mm2002
07-19-2008, 13:15
I'm glad you posted this, as I forgot to email you about it. I spoke with a guy at the lake a couple of days ago who had been to TK last week. He said the vis above the thermocline (around 30 ft) was 5-6 ft at best. Below the cline, he figured 3 ft max. Doesn't make sense to me why the vis would be worse below, but I guess it's possible. He didn't mention exactly where they were diving.

Splitlip
07-19-2008, 13:19
Here ya go.
Today's Scuba Diving Conditions in West Palm Beach (http://thescubaclub.com/dreport.html)

Edit: Sorry. Wrong forum. (Bite me Mark.):smilie39:

mm2002
07-19-2008, 13:26
Here ya go.
Today's Scuba Diving Conditions in West Palm Beach (http://thescubaclub.com/dreport.html)

Edit: Sorry. Wrong forum. (Bite me Mark.):smilie39:

Tim, you are a very very cruel person. :smiley36:

Splitlip
07-19-2008, 13:43
My job. :)

mpd525
07-19-2008, 19:03
the viz is lower below the thermocline because of the dam, and the lake hasn't done a complete turn over because of the weather. It's still pretty chilly under about 50ft, i haven't been in about 2 weeks, but talk to tim at nautical all the time and he said it hasn't changed much at all. If this stupid rain would ever stop so they can shut off the dam it would get better. It doesn't help that all the run off from the creeks, and the river bed that flows right through the middle of tenkiller keeps stirring the junk up. I'm going this week on my days off, so i'll post an updated conditions then.

snagel
07-20-2008, 07:39
Thanks MPD525,

Are you guys still getting the rain down there? Like everybody else in the midwest we were getting pounded almost every day (Mid Missouri) until about a month ago. Things are getting back to "normal" and it is starting to heat up.

For what it's worth, Table Rock took a beating earlier this spring, but now there is some pretty good diving down there. Maybe Tenkiller will turn around.

Definately, get back to us on the conditions at Tenkiller. Would be most appreciative. (Don't forget about our conditions website - address below)

Snagel

jwdizney
08-31-2008, 10:25
Any conditon updates from labor day weekend so far?

Walt725
09-02-2008, 07:03
We talked with a couple at Beaver on Monday that said the viz at Tenkiller that morning was about 1-2ft. Not very good.. But then again, Beaver wasnt much better.

jwdizney
09-02-2008, 16:45
Disneymom and I finally got down to scuba park yesterday morning and got a couple of dives in. 0-2 ft. vis down to about 20', then increased to about 5-6 ft, down to about 30-35 ft. then a little more, maybe 8' in a good spot... seemed to clear with depth, but also got darker. some deep divers were reporting 15' vis at about 100' FFW, but only with light.. too dark. it's just been a bad year, and Gustav is going to muddy it up again!..:smiley19: