PDA

View Full Version : Bigblue lights

mm2002
07-19-2008, 12:31
My light flooded AGAIN yesterday, and I found that the case is warped where the o-ring seals (UK light). Anyway, went light shopping this morning and picked up one of these. (http://bossk.com.hk/ff35w-led.html) Anybody else here use one? I was extremely impressed with the quality, and relatively small size.

Vercingetorix
07-19-2008, 18:31
I like the aluminum housing. That should prevent warping. Long burn time as well. If I might be rude here: where did you buy it and at what price?

On the down side: those colors look really effeminate.:smiley36::smiley36:

chinacat46
07-19-2008, 19:32
I believe LP carries them.

Splitlip
07-19-2008, 20:20
My light flooded AGAIN yesterday, and I found that the case is warped where the o-ring seals (UK light). Anyway, went light shopping this morning and picked up one of these. (http://bossk.com.hk/ff35w-led.html) Anybody else here use one? I was extremely impressed with the quality, and relatively small size.

Looks very cute. What color did you get? Does it match your purse?:smilie39:

mm2002
07-20-2008, 08:33
Well, I know you guys will give me crap about the color! The only color they had was the ruby red. Really looks like pink to me, but hell, I bought it! :smiley36:

I got a good deal on it at my LDS, but I can't say how much. LP sells them for $289.00.

Splitlip
07-20-2008, 09:22
Bet you wish they had the saphire. Would have looked pretty with your eyes.

Vercingetorix
07-20-2008, 10:11
We should be ashamed of ourselves. Here, Mr. mm2002 has shared his personal experience with a product of value. And what do we do?....criticize the color!

Shame on you, SplitLip. Go stand in that corner and think about what you've done.:smiley36:

//please ignore my "effeminate color" comment. Do as I say, not what I do.

mm2002
07-20-2008, 10:21

Maybe, but it would really clash with the new pink fins I just ordered. :smiley36:

Splitlip
07-20-2008, 10:28
We should be ashamed of ourselves. Here, Mr. mm2002 has shared his personal experience with a product of value. And what do we do?....criticize the color!

Shame on you, SplitLip. Go stand in that corner and think about what you've done.:smiley36:

//please ignore my "effeminate color" comment. Do as I say, not what I do.

You are right. We should be happy for Mark. He has confidence in his sexuality.

Splitlip
07-20-2008, 10:29

Maybe, but it would really clash with the new pink fins I just ordered. :smiley36:

Like I said, you are confident.

chinacat46
07-20-2008, 10:54
At least he didn't get yum yum yellow. Wouldn't want the sharks to attack him.

CompuDude
07-20-2008, 15:46
Well, I know you guys will give me crap about the color! The only color they had was the ruby red. Really looks like pink to me, but hell, I bought it! :smiley36:

I got a good deal on it at my LDS, but I can't say how much. LP sells them for $289.00.

Ouch. Looks like a quality light, but that's an obscene amount of money to spend on a light that's not a can light. I'd spend a few bucks more and pick up a used 10w can light instead.

Also, if the light that warped on you was a UK light, they should replace it for free. A pain to have to hassle with, I know, but nonetheless.

What are you doing to your lights to have them warp? I've never had something like that happen. Are you storing them (or leaving them) in extreme high temps or something?

No Misses
07-21-2008, 09:38
The only time that I have seen a UK light warp is when it was accidently turned on while in the dive bag. It stayed on until the batteries died. Luckily it did not start a fire.

mm2002
07-21-2008, 10:06

Ouch. Looks like a quality light, but that's an obscene amount of money to spend on a light that's not a can light. I'd spend a few bucks more and pick up a used 10w can light instead.

Also, if the light that warped on you was a UK light, they should replace it for free. A pain to have to hassle with, I know, but nonetheless.

What are you doing to your lights to have them warp? I've never had something like that happen. Are you storing them (or leaving them) in extreme high temps or something?

The price may not seem so obsene if you knew exactly what I paid for this one! Let's put it this way, the cheapest can light out there was more than double what I paid for this. What I wanted was a good quality handheld that I could depend on. It may have been a tad pricey, but you get what you pay for. It's small, light weight, and BRIGHT!!!! I've never used a can light, but I can imagine this is probably as bright as some of them, and less than half the price.

As far as the UK, I bought it used, and I've constantly had leakage problems. It's a 4-D light, big and heavy, and quite outdated in my opinion. I'm going to keep it as a good camping light, so all is not lost. I think I paid $30 for it. :smiley2:

waytooslow
07-21-2008, 10:28
At least he didn't get yum yum yellow. Wouldn't want the sharks to attack him.

I resemble that remark.

On the pink? Not that there is soemthing wrong with that. :smilie40:

mm2002
07-21-2008, 10:30
If ya think about it, I got the perfect color. Won't have to worry about anybody stealing it!

CompuDude
07-21-2008, 13:50
As far as the UK, I bought it used, and I've constantly had leakage problems. It's a 4-D light, big and heavy, and quite outdated in my opinion. I'm going to keep it as a good camping light, so all is not lost. I think I paid $30 for it. :smiley2:

Ah, the good old UK 4D lights. I have one of those that served me well for nearly 20 years. Still sitting on my shelf, if you decide you want to replace yours. :)

Sounds like the light someone sold you was a lemon, and UK may very well be willing to replace it for you... did you call them to ask?

MSilvia
07-21-2008, 14:00
I've never used a can light, but I can imagine this is probably as bright as some of them, and less than half the price.
If you can imagine a diver with a blue/white lightsaber shooting out of their wrist, that's the impression you might get from a good can light. A common comment is, "Are you trying to light up the ocean, or boil it?"

BSea
07-21-2008, 15:34

Like I said, you are confident.I'd say over confident :). But the good news is at depth it won't be near as............um.......pretty.

But looking at the specs, that should put out a bunch of light. 3 5 watt led's. That's some light. You could be a scuba super hero. Kind of like the Green Lantern. But you'd be the pin.... I mean ruby lantern.

TRW
07-21-2008, 16:59
I would have to think that maybe Amanda will get to use it more than Mark will. Seriouly, I saw those lights @ the LDS the other day and I would like to have one myself. I am still intent on building something that will blind the fish..............I may have to borrow your lift bag to mount the battery on. Mark, the next time we dive I want to try the light and see if it is something I can't do without.

mm2002
07-21-2008, 18:58

Ah, the good old UK 4D lights. I have one of those that served me well for nearly 20 years. Still sitting on my shelf, if you decide you want to replace yours. :)

Sounds like the light someone sold you was a lemon, and UK may very well be willing to replace it for you... did you call them to ask?

So, and I mean this seriously, why would I want to replace it with one just like it? Technology has came a long way since that light was made, so I'm not heart broken to give it up as a dive light. It's still a good flashlight though! (on dry land of course) :smiley2:

mm2002
07-21-2008, 19:03
I would have to think that maybe Amanda will get to use it more than Mark will. Seriouly, I saw those lights @ the LDS the other day and I would like to have one myself. I am still intent on building something that will blind the fish..............I may have to borrow your lift bag to mount the battery on. Mark, the next time we dive I want to try the light and see if it is something I can't do without.

Well bro, I'm sure we'll be diving together again in the next few days, so hell yeah, you can borrow it. If you can't blind the fish with this SOB then they have bionic eyes! :smiley36: I'm pretty sure we can talk Louis into getting you a good deal on one too. :smiley2:

CompuDude
07-21-2008, 19:16
So, and I mean this seriously, why would I want to replace it with one just like it? Technology has came a long way since that light was made, so I'm not heart broken to give it up as a dive light. It's still a good flashlight though! (on dry land of course) :smiley2:

You're absolutely right. It comes down to $$$. If you're happy with what you had, and would rather not spend the money to upgrade, even the if the upgrade is better, then perhaps you'd be interested. If you're tired of what you have, by all means, upgrade!

mm2002
07-21-2008, 19:38

You're absolutely right. It comes down to $$$. If you're happy with what you had, and would rather not spend the money to upgrade, even the if the upgrade is better, then perhaps you'd be interested. If you're tired of what you have, by all means, upgrade!

Depends, of course, on what it is that you're upgrading, and how important it is in the grand scheme of things. I still play with a Super Nintendo, and have replaced the console three times. Kinda tells where my priorities are eh? :smiley36:

CompuDude
07-22-2008, 03:12

Depends, of course, on what it is that you're upgrading, and how important it is in the grand scheme of things. I still play with a Super Nintendo, and have replaced the console three times. Kinda tells where my priorities are eh? :smiley36:

It's called a Wii, and you can get a "classic controller" and download pretty much all of the SNES games.

Just sayin'. ;)

mm2002
07-22-2008, 08:03
Oh man, that's way too high tech for me!