PDA

View Full Version : CSSP trip report

unclepooty
07-21-2008, 11:53
Quick thanks to foo2,fooman2,foo3,loudgonzo,and chief brody for a great time Sat. Foo2 and loudgonzo exibited outstanding navagational skills for the group, Fooman2 showed great support at helping foo3 after a diving hiatus, and chief brody was a "catfish in a hole" finding son of a gun. Thanks for letting me tag along. BTW I'd like to give a special thanks to foo3 for sharing her "case of crabs while in Mexico story":smiley36: it really made me feel like family. Perhaps y'all can refer to my as your uncleFOOty from now on:smiley36: Thanks again guys, can't wait to do it again!

DiveSooner
07-21-2008, 12:28
Quick thanks to foo2,fooman2,foo3,loudgonzo,and chief brody for a great time Sat. Foo2 and loudgonzo exibited outstanding navagational skills for the group, Fooman2 showed great support at helping foo3 after a diving hiatus, and chief brody was a "catfish in a hole" finding son of a gun. Thanks for letting me tag along. BTW I'd like to give a special thanks to foo3 for sharing her "case of crabs while in Mexico story":smiley36: it really made me feel like family. Perhaps y'all can refer to my as your uncleFOOty from now on:smiley36: Thanks again guys, can't wait to do it again!

Sounds like fun, wish I could have made it down..

foo3
07-21-2008, 12:37
I'll have to agree with Pooty, thank you to everyone who made the trip great! Feel the need to explain the crabs thing (which the story was supposed to stay at the camp ground!!!! POOTY!!!) I had a night dive in cozumel and i was wearing a shorty and there were little pink worms that kept nipping at my skin and I had to thumb the dive cause they were driving me crazy!!! But when I said worms they changed it to crabs and a really crude joke! lol. So no I didn't get crabs... just got attacked by lil pink things lol

DiveSooner
07-21-2008, 12:39
I'll have to agree with Pooty, thank you to everyone who made the trip great! Feel the need to explain the crabs thing (which the story was supposed to stay at the camp ground!!!! POOTY!!!) I had a night dive in cozumel and i was wearing a shorty and there were little pink worms that kept nipping at my skin and I had to thumb the dive cause they were driving me crazy!!! But when I said worms they changed it to crabs and a really crude joke! lol. So no I didn't get crabs... just got attacked by lil pink things lol

thanks for clearing that up. lol

Rileybri
07-21-2008, 12:44
tha is assuming it is cleared up by now!:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Foo2
07-21-2008, 12:44
Fun was had by all! We had an excellent time and look forward to doing it again. Pooty made some excellent guacamole and Gonzo gave us all heartburn with his mean salsa. Thanks to Gonzo for introducing us to Chief Brody, it's always fun to meet new buddies! We did 3 great dives and had so much fun.

Saturday night we camped out with Foo3 and had hotdogs and s'mores. Freeski4ever made an appearance for a little while and swapped stories with us.

Sunday, we tore down camp and got ready for our first dive. Fooman2, Foo3, and I went for a fun dive...played with some navigation, took Foo3 to see Sisco, and just hung out. Before our dive, Foo3 looked up and saw TexDiveGuy on the shore. It was nice to chit chat for a minute with him before going under. DallasDiverGirl graced us with her presence for a little while before her training with the instructor.Our second dive, Freeski4ever joined us and we had a great time checking out the boats.

Thanks to all for such a fun time! Can't wait to do it again!!!

unclepooty
07-21-2008, 12:49
Almost forgot! Thanks for the band-aid foo2. Who knew making guac. was so dangerous? Thought I was going to have to attach a toe in place of my thumb!:smiley36:

foo3
07-21-2008, 12:56
pooty ur in for it mister. lol

DevilDiver
07-21-2008, 13:28
Where were you guys hanging out on Saturday? We were at the ST dock all day (until 5pm)... I looked around when I went to get a fill but did not see anyone.

You will have to make another trip so we can hang out.....

unclepooty
07-21-2008, 13:31
We were just short of the ST dock. I left early afternoon. Sorry I missed you.

Foo2
07-21-2008, 13:35
Where were you guys hanging out on Saturday? We were at the ST dock all day (until 5pm)... I looked around when I went to get a fill but did not see anyone.

You will have to make another trip so we can hang out.....

Hey DevilDiver...we were just before you get to the ST pavilion in that circle area by the trailer camping area. I walked over to the ST pavilion to look for you once but you must have been in the water. You must have come by us while we were in the water. Sorry we missed you!

freeski4ever
07-21-2008, 13:49
Yeah, this weekend was a blast!! I had a great time diving with the Foos, and am glad that they could get such a good laugh out of the perchana biting my ear. Just a word of warning to anyone wanting to check out the new boat... there's a little 3-4" guy hanging out by the cockpit of the boat, and he has a nasty attitude and a hunger for ears!! Make sure you wear a beanie!!!

loudgonzo
07-22-2008, 10:11
Had a great time with all! Look forward to next time!

Rileybri
07-22-2008, 10:18
Who is going to post up some photos of this gathering? Show us New Englanders how its done down in TX??

loudgonzo
07-22-2008, 10:22
Who is going to post up some photos of this gathering? Show us New Englanders how its done down in TX??

You are going to have to come down and see with your own eyes how it's really done:smiley36:

Rileybri
07-22-2008, 11:06

You are going to have to come down and see with your own eyes how it's really done:smiley36:

A diving vacation to TX might be a hard sell to the non-diving wife right about now! But a pilgramage to the place that is all things scuba is on my short list!!!!

Chief_Brody
07-22-2008, 11:16
unclepooty, foo2, fooman2, foo3, loudgonzo...

...and anybody else I missed (I don't have the screen names down yet)...

Thanks for everything! Saturday was just packed full of diving goodness. The walls, the boats, the silo, the shark... I do hope we can all do it again soon.

To recap... things I will bring next time.
1. A thicker leotard (maybe even an actual wetsuit)
2. A towel
3. $2
4. A chair
5. More water
6. An extra kitchen pass, complete with tent and sleeping bag

Thanks again everybody! It was ten tons of fun!

Splitlip
07-22-2008, 11:23
You guys seem like a friendly group.
Just curious, did you get hooked up through this board?

Chief_Brody
07-22-2008, 11:37
Splitlip,

Crazy as it sounds, I met loudgonzo in Aruba about 1.5 weeks ago. Turns out, he's my neighbor. The rest just snowballed from there. The foos and pooty were new to me until I met them this past Saturday. And the rest, as they say, is history!!! :)

Foo2
07-22-2008, 11:40
You guys seem like a friendly group.
Just curious, did you get hooked up through this board?

We did! Fooman2 and I met loudgonzo, unclepooty, and dallasdivergirl (amongst several others) last fall at the ST party at the new pavilion in CSSP. And we met Freeski4ever last month in our AOW class. Loudgonzo met Chief_Brody in Aruba and invited him to come a long. It was almost as if we've been hanging out forever! And then Foo3....well I've known her since she was born.:smiley2:

Vercingetorix
07-22-2008, 14:24
I was there on Saturday with the ScubaDillo Dive Club. I drove through your camp area at least twice looking from my Club. Had I known it was you, I would have stopped by to say "Hi". Our group was the first site to the left of the fill station.

Our party broke-up at 4 PM and I was looking for a buddy for a third dive. I would have driven down the road and caught one of you all for the dive.

Saturday at CSSP was a b*tch to find anybody. I drove all over from 10 'til 10:30AM looking for my group. I've never seen it that packed before.

Bigg_Budd
07-22-2008, 14:37
I always miss the party...

foo3
07-22-2008, 16:20
well dear big_budd i posted a thread about it! you should've come party with us! next time.

Splitlip
07-22-2008, 16:31
I think it's great that you have such developed such a tight knit group.

I have met a few folks from the Conch Diver's forum on Scubaboard, but maybe there are just too many Floridians who are expat New Yorkers. (myself included :))

Too his credit, No misses did try and get us together last fall...but...

Enjoy all.

thor
07-22-2008, 17:56
I think it's great that you have such developed such a tight knit group.

I have met a few folks from the Conch Diver's forum on Scubaboard, but maybe there are just too many Floridians who are expat New Yorkers. (myself included :))

Too his credit, No misses did try and get us together last fall...but...

Enjoy all.

You got a problim wit us New Yawkas. Fogettaboutit

Splitlip
07-22-2008, 18:02
Yeah, I gotcha problem right hea, pal!

Whata ya gonna do about it

dallasdivergirl
07-22-2008, 20:14
how to scare Foo2:
wait until her back is turned.

sneak up behind her.

grab her ear.

run!

it was good to see you & Fooman2 again & meey Foo3 (who is a clone of Foo).

too bad I missed the festivities Saturday but the dogs & work interfered. Hopefully I will catch the rest of you guys next time.

foo3
07-22-2008, 21:45
hahaha im a clone of foo? we do look alot alike i guess lol... great to meet you too ddg!!

Chief_Brody
07-23-2008, 12:25
Foo3,

Then that would make you "mini-Foo"
Right? :)

foo
07-30-2008, 02:01
Foo3,

The foo-gene is a powerful one, it has been passed on for sure, although my daughters are more beautiful than I have ever been. I'm very proud of them, I'm glad yall had a good time diving all together.

And yes, Splitlip, we have some great folks in the Texas Swampdivers, and there are many tight friendships amongst us, we welcome all who want to come join us, and we have a big time together. If you get hooked on it, then you make a point to be at the pond when the other Swampers are, and join in. No dues, no real rules other than dive safe! Loosely bound in red tape, tightly bound at the hearts! Thanks for noticing, and please come join us sometime!

thor
07-30-2008, 11:30
Foo3,

The foo-gene is a powerful one, it has been passed on for sure, although my daughters are more beautiful than I have ever been. I'm very proud of them, I'm glad yall had a good time diving all together.

And yes, Splitlip, we have some great folks in the Texas Swampdivers, and there are many tight friendships amongst us, we welcome all who want to come join us, and we have a big time together. If you get hooked on it, then you make a point to be at the pond when the other Swampers are, and join in. No dues, no real rules other than dive safe! Loosely bound in red tape, tightly bound at the hearts! Thanks for noticing, and please come join us sometime!

What about Yankees? Do you accept Yankees or are we shot on sight?

Rileybri
07-30-2008, 11:35
Foo3,

If they let us Ill make the trip with ya!!

Foo2
07-30-2008, 11:51

Sure...we'll accept Yankees. As long as you will sing and dance to "Deep in the Heart of Texas" with us.

thor
07-30-2008, 12:33

Sure...we'll accept Yankees. As long as you will sing and dance to "Deep in the Heart of Texas" with us.

"THE STARS AT NIGHT ARE BIG AND BRIGHT......Ki-yip-pee-yi"

Rileybri
07-30-2008, 12:35

"THE STARS AT NIGHT ARE BIG AND BRIGHT......Ki-yip-pee-yi"

:smiley32: :smiley32: :smiley32: DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXSAS!!!!!

Vercingetorix
07-30-2008, 13:03
In Texas, we've got an expression:

A Yankee is anybody north of the Mason-Dixon.

A damned Yankee is a Yankee that stays.:smiley36:

Hope that helps...

Rileybri
07-30-2008, 13:08

Hope that helps...

Who said anythign about staying?? I just want to dive with some TS ST formers and eat some good TX BBQ!!

Vercingetorix
07-30-2008, 13:24
Who said anything about staying?? I just want to dive with some TS ST formers and eat some good TX BBQ!!
Bro, if you're coming all that way from Vermont, need to get you into some Cozumel diving.

And, Tex-Mex food. Only place in the lower 48 you can get Tex-Mex.

We'll get you into CSSP, so you can experience TRUE:smiley11: Texas diving...

Splitlip
07-30-2008, 17:04
Foo3,

First, my thanks to Foo for the invite. Perhaps someday I will get over my fear of fresh water.
And God of Thunder, I am a Yankee. A New Yorker living in Southeast Florida, it's like I never left home.:)

And guys, sorry for this, but here is the link to today's local dive report.
Today's Scuba Diving Conditions in West Palm Beach (http://thescubaclub.com/dreport.html)

Splitlip
07-30-2008, 17:12
[quote=Rileybri;208612]We'll get you into CSSP, so you can experience TRUE:smiley11: Texas diving...

Brother V:
After Foo's invite I was trying to psyche myself into freshwater diving, then I read this :smiley5:

mm_dm
07-31-2008, 07:37

Hope that helps...

And a Good Yankee is one who finds another mis-placed Yankee down here, marrys them and then moves them both back up north.:smiley36:

thor
07-31-2008, 07:52
And God of Thunder, I am a Yankee. A New Yorker living in Southeast Florida, it's like I never left home.:)

A New Yorker in SE Florida? Isn't that a bit redundant. Don't you know that SE Florida is like the motherland or Mecca for old New Yorkers.

In case you do go to Texas to dive, here are some simple rules to follow:

Rules for Yankees

who move to the south
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later how to use it.

2. If you forget a Southerner's name, refer to him (or her) as "Bubba". You have a 75% chance of being right.

3. Just because you can drive on snow and ice does not mean they can. Stay home the two days of the year it snows.

4. If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

5. Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store.

6. Do not buy food at the movie store.

7. If it can't be fried in bacon grease, it ain't worth cooking, let alone eating.

8. Remember: "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.

9. There is nothing sillier than a Northerner imitating a southern accent, unless it is a southerner imitating a Boston accent.

10.Get used to hearing, "You ain't from around here, are you?"

11.People walk slower there.

12.Don't be worried that you don't understand anyone. They don't understand you either.

13.The first Southern expression to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "Big ol'", as in"big ol' truck" or "big ol' boy". Eighty-five percent begin their new Southern influenced dialect with this expression. One hundred percent are in denial about it.

14.The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.

15.Be advised: The "He needed killin'" defense is valid here.

16.If attending a funeral in the South, remember, they stay until the last shovel of dirt is thrown on and the tent is torn down.

17.If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" stay out of his way. These are likely the last words he will ever say.

18.Most Southerners do not use turn signals, and they ignore those who do. In fact, if you see a signal blinking on a car with a Southern license plate, you may rest assured that it was on when the car was purchased.

19.Northerners can be identified by the spit on the inside of their car's windshield that comes from yelling at other drivers.

20. The winter wardrobe you always brought out in September can wait until November.

21.If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the most minuscule accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It does not matter if you need anything from the store, it is just something you're supposed to do.

22.Satellite dishes are very popular in the South. When you purchase one it is to be positioned directly in front of your trailer. This is logical, bearing in mind that the dish cost considerably more than the trailer and should, therefore, be displayed.

23.Tornadoes and Southerners going through a divorce have a lot in common. In either case, you know someone is going to lose a trailer.

24.Florida is not considered a Southern state. There are far more Yankees than Southerners living there.

25.In Southern churches you will here the hymn, All Glory, Laud and Honor. You will also here expressions such as, "Laud, have mercy", Good Laud", and "Laudy, Laudy, Laudy".

26.As you are cursing the person driving 15 mph in a 55 mph zone, directly in the middle of the road, remember, many folks learned to drive on a model of vehicle known as John Deere, and this is the proper speed and lane position for the vehicle.

27.You can ask a Southerner for directions, but unless you already know the positions of key hills, trees and rocks, you're better off trying to find it yourself.

mm_dm
07-31-2008, 08:07
Good job, Thor! :smilie39::smilie39:

#24...ouch!

unclepooty
07-31-2008, 08:15
You can't believe how many of those are true!

Rileybri
07-31-2008, 10:09
Funny that list sounds a lot like Maine!! lol Isint Florida just south of Long Giland?? :smiley20:

:smilie40:

waytooslow
07-31-2008, 10:15
#23 was my favorite

Foo2
07-31-2008, 11:24
You can't believe how many of those are true!

Scary isn't it?:smiley36:

mm_dm
07-31-2008, 15:23
I'm sending the list to my friends and family. It's priceless:smilie39:

ParrotheadDiver
08-01-2008, 09:18
ah yes...#15...it's true ya know....he did need killin' :smiley36: