PDA

View Full Version : dont know where to post...

sravin1
07-21-2008, 16:58
Hello all,

first of all, I want to thank scubatoys for all the co-operation and quality customer service. i have not received my stuff yet (just placed the order a few minutes ago).

I really dont know where to post this, so I am posting here as I figured joe or larry would first address this section. I could have posted it in the bragging section, but this is stuff that ST has to brag about, not me.

Coming to the point, I had asked for a price match of some stuff from leisure pro and ST was more than happy to oblige. So, I placed an order on saturday (19th) for everything that I needed. I asked the rep if I had a 10% discount for being part of the forum and after confirming the total with him, I hung up telling him I would call back with the $10 off coupon code.

I called up today, confirmed the order and completed it. Later today confirmed what the grand total was, and it ended up being without the 10% off and Rick told me that they cannot do 10% with price matches. I told him that I had spoken to another rep on saturday about this and after a couple of minutes on hold, he told me (to my surprise) that they were going to honour what I was told although it is not their policy to both price match and do the 10% off. He also told me that the person responsible for this will not be doing this anymore.

At this point, I was feeling rather guilty and offered to pay without the discount to which Rick replied "CUSTOMER KNOWS BEST" and we will honour what we told you.

Just wanted to let people here know that what an awesome unit Joe and Larry run. Also want to thank Rick for being gracious.

Sriram

Splitlip
07-21-2008, 17:45
Thanks for the tip! :smiley20:

mm2002
07-21-2008, 18:49
The 10% discount is for being a member of the forum. The $10.00 coupon is earned with 10 posts. Sounds like you're confusing the two, considering your original post. I personally don't think it's fair to ST to ask for a price match, and then a $10.00 coupon, and THEN your 10% discount on top of that. I personally think they were most gracious in doing what they did. I would have probably told you to go screw yourself! :smiley36:
(good thing I don't work for ST huh!)

Now, as payback to ST, hang out here and contribute some meaningful posts.:smiley2:

mchain
07-21-2008, 23:41
Not enough companies take care of their customers like they should, it's great to see that they bent the rules for you to honor that mistaken agreement.

Vercingetorix
07-22-2008, 07:50
He also told me that the person responsible for this will not be doing this anymore.Fired? You got the guy...FIRED???

//I'm joking...I hope

Splitlip
07-22-2008, 11:07
Now, as payback to ST, hang out here and contribute some meaningful posts.:smiley2:
Why? The rest of don't.:smiley36:

digitalman
07-22-2008, 11:28

Ouch! I resemble that remark :smilie39:

mchain
07-22-2008, 17:25

Ouch! I resemble that remark :smilie39:

Haha, I feel that way sometimes also.

mm2002
07-22-2008, 17:43
So, I'm the only one here that posts meaningful stuff?

Splitlip
07-22-2008, 18:10

Dude, let have some of whatever you're smoking.

I take it back. The blow up doll was very meaningful. And Carlos in the Speedo. And ...Oh, uh wait..

mm2002
07-22-2008, 18:21

I take it back. The blow up doll was very meaningful. And Carlos in the Speedo. And ...Oh, uh wait..

Well, just to prove ya wrong I'm going to post something meaningful right now. I always post meaningfull stuff. Remember that. OK, here goes:

An 86 year-old man went to his doctor for his annual checkup. The
doctor asks him how he's feeling and the 86-year-old says, "I've never felt
better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child!!! What
do you think about that?" The doctor considers his question for a minute and then begins. "I have an older friend, much like yourself, who is an avid trophy hunter and
never misses a season. One day, when he was going out hunting, he was in
a bit of a hurry and accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his
gun. When he got to the creek, he saw a prime beaver sitting beside the
stream of water. He raised his cane and went 'bang, bang'. Suddenly, two
shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. What do think of that?"
The 86-year-old said, "I'd say somebody else pumped the bullets into
that beaver." The doctor replied ... "My point exactly......"

IndyDiver
07-22-2008, 18:33

Well, just to prove ya wrong I'm going to post something meaningful right now. I always post meaningfull stuff. Remember that. OK, here goes:

An 86 year-old man went to his doctor for his annual checkup. The
doctor asks him how he's feeling and the 86-year-old says, "I've never felt
better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child!!! What
do you think about that?" The doctor considers his question for a minute and then begins. "I have an older friend, much like yourself, who is an avid trophy hunter and
never misses a season. One day, when he was going out hunting, he was in
a bit of a hurry and accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his
gun. When he got to the creek, he saw a prime beaver sitting beside the
stream of water. He raised his cane and went 'bang, bang'. Suddenly, two
shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. What do think of that?"
The 86-year-old said, "I'd say somebody else pumped the bullets into
that beaver." The doctor replied ... "My point exactly......"

I don't know about Splitlip, but I am totally convinced by this example.

Splitlip
07-22-2008, 18:41
I take back what I said. Sorry.

mm2002
07-22-2008, 18:43
I don't know about Splitlip, but I am totally convinced by this example.

Convinced of what? :smiley36:

mm2002
07-22-2008, 18:46
Totally off topic, but damn Tim, have you noticed your post count? :smiley5:
Do you still do any diving? :smilie39:

Splitlip
07-22-2008, 18:51
My, I do have a big one.

Actually, I multitask while here. That is why some of my posts seem disconnected. All this time you thought was drinking.

Vercingetorix
07-22-2008, 19:45
My, I do have a big one.To what are your referring? I assume post count.:smiley36: