PDA

View Full Version : wetsuit sizing

westcoasttsunami
07-26-2008, 15:10
I am looking into buying the Elasta Stretch 7mm womens wetsuit, but I am not sure about sizes. Wetsuits tend to be really long on me which makes it difficult to get my booties on.

I am 5'3'' and I have a "thick" body - quite muscular from soccer and boxing.

If anybody has suggestions about sizing I'd love to hear them :smiley20:

Sansho
07-26-2008, 15:42
The elasta stretch suits pictured, are Pinnacle suits, and you can find their sizeing at Pinnacle Aquatics (http://pinnacleaquatics.com/size-chart.aspx) . Other suits to consider are the Henderson and Bare suits, which come in a number of sizes. Many like the Henderson Hyperstretch due to the flexibility of the material, and Thermoprene is pretty stretchy too. Henderson sizes are at Henderson USA - Size Chart (http://www.hendersonusa.com/index.php?page=eng_size_chart&lang=eng) and Bare sizes are at BARE Scuba Diving - USA (http://barescubadiving.com/usa/size-charts/default.asp) .

If ST doesn't show the size on the web site, they can usually order it. Of course where they buy out the stock it's likely limited to what's on hand.

chace_nicole
07-26-2008, 18:20
I like my Bare...they fit us shorter gals pretty good! :smiley20:

Zenagirl
07-26-2008, 21:56
What I'd suggest is look at the size charts on Pinnacle's website. If you still aren't sure between 2 sizes, call the guys at ScubaToys and ask them to send you both. When they arrive, try them on and send the one you don't want back. :D

FishOuttaWater
07-27-2008, 09:37
I'm glad this was posted. I am "lanky" and have been hesitant to order one online in fear that it wouldn't fit and I would have to pay shipping to send it back, etc. Thanks!

Sansho
07-27-2008, 10:05
I'm glad this was posted. I am "lanky" and have been hesitant to order one online in fear that it wouldn't fit and I would have to pay shipping to send it back, etc. Thanks!
You do have to pay return shipping, unless it's a ST error that they sent the wrong thing (hasn't happened to me yet). ST is very easy to work with...I have ordered multiple sizes and kept the one that fits, returning the other.

FishOuttaWater
07-27-2008, 10:45
Ok, gotcha Sansho, thanks! My LDS was telling me how wetsuits don't all fit the same and how people will order one only to get one that doesn't fit so I just want to get the right one. Thanks again

Truered1
07-27-2008, 22:06
I like my Bare...they fit us shorter gals pretty good! :smiley20:

I love my Bare suit. I am also only 5'3", I also have pretty good sized hips and 36/38DD. I used to run track, swim and gymnastics and can't even wear cowboy boots (men or womens) cause my calves are too large. The legs fit perfect (size 12), the arms are a little long (about 1/2) but nothing I can't work with. Since my rash guard is too long I pull that out and wrap it back over the wetsuit and makes a perfect fit even with gloves on. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Eurodiver
07-28-2008, 02:40
I just bought the Henderson Thermoprene in a size 10 Not too short and not too long but PERFECT. I have broad shoulders, 36DD and 5'4", what I call meaty {not fat but meaty}thighs and calves {from running and snowboarding} and if the Henderson Hyperstretch is MORE stretchy than the Thremoprene all I can say is holy cow. I should have bought an 8 for a more snug fit. The thermoprene is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY stretchy.
I have the Henderson Hyperstretch booties in 5mm and I can say go one size smaller than what you wear. Like I normally wear a 7 in womens shoes so I ordered a size 6. Ever with socks on so my feet don't break out not to tight not to lose but totally awesome.
Other than violently breaking me out even with a Lycra Hot skin under it I totally love it. 5mm with a 7mm shorty was absolutely perfect for Steinberg am See here in Germany.

blue_passion
08-04-2008, 01:22
What can you recommend for someone like me who is 5'10" and a size 18? According to the size charts for Bare and Henderson, I don't cut the mustard as far as coming anywhere close to fitting in their sizes.:smiley6:

Suggestions anyone?

Sansho
08-04-2008, 05:26
What can you recommend for someone like me who is 5'10" and a size 18? According to the size charts for Bare and Henderson, I don't cut the mustard as far as coming anywhere close to fitting in their sizes.:smiley6:

Suggestions anyone?
Have you looked at Pinnacle? They show size XXL as 14-18 and 5'9" to 6'. Their size chart is at Pinnacle Aquatics (http://pinnacleaquatics.com/size-chart.aspx) . Being at the outside of the range, 18 vs 14, you might look at their Elastiprene suits, which is their stretchy neoprene. ST has at least two in XXL shown on their web site, and they can order any suit for you shown in the Pinnacle catalog.

mistletoe
08-04-2008, 07:52
I have a getting my wetsuit in my size too. I'm thinking to get custome suit.