PDA

View Full Version : Cheap EBAY dive light

Barberman
07-26-2008, 21:02
100 Meter Dive LIght Scuba Flashlight 18K MCD LED 4 AA

Has anyone ever ordered one of these dive lights. They sound ok, but are very cheap. I'm not needing light for wrecks, caves, or anything where real expensive lights are needed. It would mainly be for looking under rocks in the local lakes in lower viz conditions. Just wanted to know if anyone had tried one or not. Below is info off there site. You can do a ebay search and find this light easily. Thanks!!

Product Code: 7208

This 11 LED flashlight is water tight and capable of depths up to 100
meters. It is made out of strong ABS plastic so it wonít break. The
LEDís are each 18,000 MCD, which produces a great light even in the
water. it is easy to use because you just twist the head on and off,
and you wonít loose it because there is a built in strap.

<B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Specifications:

NeveSSL
07-26-2008, 21:21
Hmmm... I'm interested as well.

Brandon

Barberman
07-26-2008, 21:27
I went ahead and ordered one of these lights, I figured for $19 w/ shipping even if it isn't any good I'm not out much money and can still use it around the house or car. I will post when I get it with my review. Still want to know if anyone else has tried it out though???

Barberman
07-29-2008, 16:38
Well I got the light today that I was asking about in this thread. I have tried it out in a dark room and it seems to work ok. It's not extremely bright, but for less than $20 I wasn't expecting it to be. I won't have a chance to try it out in the water for a couple weeks, well hopefully if my ears clear up I will be able to try it then. I will update post once I have had a chance to try it out in the water.

NeveSSL
07-29-2008, 17:00
Definitely keep us updated. I'm curious to see how it goes. :)

Brandon

Barberman
08-04-2008, 16:32
Well I used this light this weekend on two different night dives. It worked ok, but was no comparison to my new miniwave led. On my 2nd night dive I used it along with another light I borrowed from my LDS. The borrowed light had a real strong beam but was all concentrated in the center covering a small area, while the cheap ebay light lights up a larger area but just not as bright. Using the two together worked out quite well. Overall it was worth the $19 I paid for it. Though more than likely it will just be used as an emergency back up light because my wife is ordering a miniwave led so we will both be using those as our primary lights.

NeveSSL
08-04-2008, 22:17
Thanks for the update!

Sounds like it would be a good backup light then, but possibly not a good main light.

Brandon

Barberman
08-07-2008, 17:49
No it wouldn't make a good main light in my opinion. It would be a good backup light, but its only downside for this use would be it's size. It is to big to fit inside any BC pockets that I have seen.