PDA

View Full Version : oceanic HERA women BC

leesanhua
07-26-2008, 21:32
i was wondering does anyone have this bc before? any comment about it?
im thinking to get one of this bc.

Sansho
07-26-2008, 22:05
If you haven't already, you can read reviews of womens BC's at Scuba Diving Magazine - BCs (http://scubadiving.com/gear/BCs/) . There is also a review of womens BC's in the August Scuba Diving - if you don't have that PM your email and I can scan and send it to you.

Foo2
07-28-2008, 09:47
I tried on that BC. It seemed really nice and comfortable. But I couldn't find one that would fit me correctly. In my experience...if you are very petite, you may want to look elsewhere.

avw
07-28-2008, 10:56
my wife recently got one. She likes it very much. The best feature for her is the padding on the inside under the integrated weight pockets. Other BC's used to bruise her hips, but not the Hera.

It's a little heavy, but also neutrally bouyant. Big pockets.

leesanhua
07-29-2008, 02:57
is this BC consider a back inflator?

leesanhua
07-29-2008, 02:57
i'm not very petite in size. im 5'7 and 130lbs.

Foo2
07-29-2008, 08:03
is this BC consider a back inflator?

No it is not. From the ST website, "Patented BioFlex Hybrid bladder combines the benefits of both rear inflation and jacket style BCs" My guess is that it is designed to not have a lot of squeeze and keep you horizontal in the water.

LRDWILDER
08-19-2008, 09:32
Bought my wife one of these and she is a fan, she said it was very comfortable overall. She has only been in a ranger and the hera and she has only about 15 dives so its def a rookies opinion. But any opinion is better than none!

Barberman
08-19-2008, 14:28
My wife has had this BC for over a year with close to 60 dives with it and she loves it.

leesanhua
09-08-2008, 01:34
Finally, i get to try out my new BC at the lake. i love it.
however, it's a little heavy for travel.

sea princess
10-31-2008, 22:34
I just bought the Hera BCD. You definately need to try BCD's on an make sure the are a comfortable fit for you. I think I tried on every kind the shop had. The pearl one I liked (because it was pink and black my favorite colors) is made for a woman and had the new one touch inflate/deflate control. It was very supportive but to short on me and rode up too high on me. I was tempted to get it anyway because i liked everything else about it. However when i put on the Hera it fit like a glove! It didn't squish the girls (i am a 36D) and fit right where it is supposed to. I like the big pockets and handle to carry it is nice too. You need to buy one for fit and comfort not for features and colors. Not sure if this helps or not. but i give the Hera a big :smiley20:

Necklinsberg
07-12-2009, 19:30
Santa-husband bought my wife a Hera last year. She loves it.

There is a large amount of adjustment, both in the straps adjustable at suit up and in the screw on the shoulder straps.