PDA

View Full Version : Cape Cod Shore Dive Suggestiions.

KingBiscuitBoy
07-28-2008, 11:49
I am on vacation the beginning of August and am looking for shore diving, lobstering possibilities on the Cape. I'm staying in Centerville and so far have only heard of the Sandwich Town Beach as a shore Dive spot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mjcoyne
07-28-2008, 12:03
Try out corporation beach in Dennis, it is about a 20-30 minute drive from centerville so it shouldnt be all that inconvenient for you. If you go out past the jetty that you see and head north you come across a little bit of coral and there are a few spots for lobster to hide however I did not see any big enough to keep - depths at high tide when I went never went beyond 15 feet so you can make it a real long dive, the only problem is that after 5 minutes you have seen about all you are going to see there.
Look into a charter with the Dive Locker in Hyannis, they can get you to some good lobster spots and some wrecks if that is truly what you are looking for.

Rileybri
07-28-2008, 12:05
send MSilvia a pm. he lives there and has beach access!:smiley20:

scubasavvy
07-30-2008, 14:37
The tip of Provincetown has crystal clear water. A while back some family friends and I rented a skiff from Flyers and went out to free dive. Amazing...