PDA

View Full Version : Beer Bongs

Vercingetorix
07-29-2008, 10:42
I know that we men folk sometimes enjoy a chilly, sparkling brew after a hard day of diving. But beer cans and bottle are so-o-o-o-o-o passe. What you really need is a Beer Bong (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/sfl-beer-bongs-photos-ugc,0,596037.ugcphotogallery)

brains
07-29-2008, 10:47
Some of those just seem to be way over the top:smiley36: I do like the flamingo one though. Someone needs to modify a 13 or 19 pony bottle into a beer bong.:smiley20:

Rileybri
07-29-2008, 11:00
Some of those just seem to be way over the top:smiley36: I do like the flamingo one though. Someone needs to modify a 13 or 19 pony bottle into a beer bong.:smiley20:

I like your thinking!!!

thor
07-29-2008, 11:05
I'm surprised one of those didn't have a ScubaToys sticker on it.

Vercingetorix
07-29-2008, 11:05
Someone needs to modify a 13 or 19 pony bottle into a beer bong.
One step better. Fill half-way with beer. Add gas (regular O2). Mount inverted on main tank with it's own reg. When you're at depth and thirsty, swap regs, drink, replace with main reg.:smiley36:

Rileybri
07-29-2008, 11:18
One step better. Fill half-way with beer. Add gas (regular O2). Mount inverted on main tank with it's own reg. When you're at depth and thirsty, swap regs, drink, replace with main reg.:smiley36:

Brings a whole new meaning to fizzy bear!:smilie39::smilie39:

Coaster
07-29-2008, 12:38
Flabongo.... for use in the front yard

digitalman
07-29-2008, 12:43

Would fix the dry mouth issue.

sravin1
07-29-2008, 12:44

can I be your buddy on those dives. Make sure you bring good beer though.

Vercingetorix
07-29-2008, 12:58
can I be your buddy on those dives. Make sure you bring good beer though.Sam Adams Boston Lager

chinacat46
07-29-2008, 13:29
Now Now alcohol and diving don't mix.

harb99
07-29-2008, 23:16
cheapest and easiest beer bong out there is a swim noodle - plus once you are done with it, you can make a tank holder :)

Splitlip
07-29-2008, 23:27
I am ashamed to say I attended a huge 50th for one of my buddies. We all had our impressionable children with us, which was good. Cause after the beer bongs were broken out, the kids had to drive us home.

Splitlip
07-29-2008, 23:29
Now Now alcohol and diving don't mix.

You obviousely have never heard of "Superman in a Can". :smiley36:

CompuDude
07-30-2008, 04:19

...and that's why God invented the isolation manifold and doubles. ;)

(several steps better still!)

Cheetah223
07-30-2008, 14:51
And here I thought my friends and I were being creative using ammo cans and football helmets..

Splitlip
07-30-2008, 17:58
This thread got me thinking about drinking games. Anybody out there ever play "Beer Hunter"? Loosely based on the movie of a similar title.

And than one more for Ind Cavediver... Anyone familiar with Purdue University's "Beer Olympics".

CompuDude
07-30-2008, 19:52
This thread got me thinking about drinking games. Anybody out there ever play "Beer Hunter"? Loosely based on the movie of a similar title.

And than one more for Ind Cavediver... Anyone familiar with Purdue University's "Beer Olympics".

If you want to hurt yourself, it's all about Showgirls. :smiley11:

Splitlip
07-30-2008, 20:10

Damn!
Never played that one!

CFDAlden
07-31-2008, 02:06
We used to (in college, many moons ago) play a shot game, to "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".

Everytime you hear the word "who", take a shot. :D

I don't think anyone every finished the show. :smiley11: :drunk: :13344-6:

CompuDude
07-31-2008, 04:08

Damn!
Never played that one!

Similar to the Who game, above. Drink everytime Elizabeth Berkeley's character has an emotional outburst. First one comes within 3 minutes of the movie's beginning.

NOT a game for amateurs. LOL For that matter, not many "pro's" make it through that one, either! It helps to have more than one person pouring drinks... if it takes too long to pour, there are a number of places where there's no way to keep up!

Splitlip
07-31-2008, 07:09
Ah, much like "Bob". Played while watching the Bob Newhart show.
When they had re-run marathons you could get hurt.

Black-Gorrilla
07-31-2008, 12:30
ever hear of "buffalo"
basically once you know the rules, you play for ever, all the time...
since you shake hands with your right, and it's bad to have a wet hand from the condensation, you drink with the left hand... anyone that plays, plays all the time, no excuses...
if someone calls buffalo on you because you have your drink in the right hand (be it a pint of beer or a pitcher, or bottle of rum) you have to down the whole thing.

Panmanmatt
07-31-2008, 17:31
Beer golf is the best. Starting at the tee you have to drink the number of beers for that hole's PAR before getting to the green. Best played with only one club to use as a cane.

Splitlip
07-31-2008, 18:35
Here are the rules for "Beer Hunter".
The Webtender: Drinking game: Beer Hunter (http://www.webtender.com/handbook/games/beerhunter.game)

And here is "Bob".
How To Play the Bob Newhart Show Drinking Game | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_2059468_bob-newhart-show-drinking-game.html)

Vercingetorix
07-31-2008, 18:51
The Webtender: Drinking game: Beer Hunter (http://www.webtender.com/handbook/games/beerhunter.game)

And here is "Bob".
How To Play the Bob Newhart Show Drinking Game | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_2059468_bob-newhart-show-drinking-game.html)
Yeah,...leave it to SplitLip to know where all the drinking games are.

Your daughter must be so proud of her daddy...:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36:

dirtydon
07-31-2008, 19:12
detroit radio show went for record bong held half barrel supported 12-20 stories up a building. needed flow reducers so people wouldn't get hurt. split 4-8 ways on bottom. crazy people!!!!

thesmoothdome
07-31-2008, 19:16
Thumper was always our game of choice. Of course once you were too drunk to have any chance of keeping up, we went to simple things like quarters.

Splitlip
07-31-2008, 20:04

And here is "Bob".
Yeah,...leave it to SplitLip to know where all the drinking games are.

Your daughter must be so proud of her daddy...:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36:

It is very difficult now at her age.

It is a fine line between "cool dad" and "degenerate".

Wait, she is having a sleep over with some friends. I think I hear a pillow fight. Gotta go help. Sorry to run....

Cheetah223
08-01-2008, 23:24
Favorite drinking games over here are King's Cup and Landmines...Or if you want to go off the shelf, the game What The F*$K!? is hilarious, but takes a decent group of mixed company to enjoy..

Vercingetorix
08-03-2008, 02:41
Favorite drinking games over here are King's Cup and Landmines...Or if you want to go off the shelf, the game What The F*$K!? is hilarious, but takes a decent group of mixed company to enjoy..We need to know the rules here....just in case, ya know.

It is very difficult now at her age.

It is a fine line between "cool dad" and "degenerate".

Wait, she is having a sleep over with some friends. I think I hear a pillow fight. Gotta go help. Sorry to run....Fine line? Did you just cross it? Look behind you.:smilie39:

frozenwarp
08-22-2008, 10:09
I like the flamingo!

Rocky Heap
08-22-2008, 14:31
I can proudly say I've never beer bonged in my whole life.........never drank that cheap of beer...........ummm, well there was that one time at Band Camp in College........but a beer is to be savored, heavenly nectar of the gods!

If you want to get drunk quick, just start Tequilla shooters......:smiley11:

Splitlip
08-22-2008, 18:15
I can proudly say I've never beer bonged in my whole life.........never drank that cheap of beer...........ummm, well there was that one time at Band Camp in College........but a beer is to be savored, heavenly nectar of the gods!

Agree completely about savoring beer. After all, beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy. The reality of bonging beer though, is you will never taste the beer. And in truth, all it is a a way to speed up a buzz.

Me, I always enjoyed a little buzz. But I never got really ****ed up intentionally. Always better to remain in control for the benefit of those around you as well as your self :smiley2:. Particularly during a poker game or when the ladies are around.

CompuDude
08-22-2008, 22:53

Agree completely about savoring beer. After all, beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy. The reality of bonging beer though, is you will never taste the beer. And in truth, all it is a a way to speed up a buzz.

Me, I always enjoyed a little buzz. But I never got really ****ed up intentionally. Always better to remain in control for the benefit of those around you as well as your self :smiley2:. Particularly during a poker game or when the ladies are around.

Considering the "beer" served at a lot of parties at my college, speeding up the buzz, and not being able to taste the beer were two absolute kindnesses.

These days for me it's Guinness, Bass, Newcastle or Fat Tire (or Stone's Arrogant Bastard Ale!). I will admit to a fondness for local beers when traveling internationally, however... somehow, in Mexico, after a hard day of diving, a Pacifico seems just fine. And in Jamaica, Red Stripe works well. In Thailand, Singha or Tiger slakes the thirst properly.

But no, none of those will ever see the inside of beer bong, if I have anything to say about it.

Splitlip
08-22-2008, 23:00
We drank Hamms. LOL
Hamm's Brewery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamm's)
Pleas Scroll down to the jingle.

Or Strohs. Made from water from the Detroit River
Stroh Brewery Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroh_Brewery_Company)

CompuDude
08-22-2008, 23:09
I went to college in Colorado. If it wasn't brewed by Coors... *shudder*

Splitlip
08-23-2008, 00:06
I was in Indiana.
At the time my Dad, (God rest his soul), made me the hero of the Frat house by making a Coors run in one of his company vans.
just could not get it East of the Rockies. (Great marketing setup, eapecially with Bubba Burt in the mix.)

mrbheagney
08-31-2008, 18:38
Why fix it if it isn't broken!