PDA

View Full Version : ST Shipping Speed bit slow recently?

SlvrDragon50
07-29-2008, 14:38
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone else felt that ST was shipping a bit slow recently... My first order was done through email so I sort of forgave them on the 6 day delay... but I ordered some biofins and stuff yesterday (I believe it was all in stock) and I thought they would ship it out yesterday as I ordered before 4 PM Central.

doccdave
07-29-2008, 14:52
I've ordered three times in the past six weeks and all orders came in two or three days. When an out of stock item was encountered on one order they emailed and offered an upgrade in stock item for the same price. That order came in three days.

My experience has been great shipping times.

sravin1
07-29-2008, 15:07
me too. no problems with shipping at all. just ordered recently

SlvrDragon50
07-29-2008, 15:09
Yea.. ddg just explained that it could be from overload due to shipments from late friday, saturday, and sunday..

crgjpg
07-29-2008, 15:49
I placed an order through Joe with PM for two sets of BCD, regulators, and wet suit with some accesories. I recieved a phone message the same day that one of the accessories was on back order. It was due in the next day and the order would ship that day. Well it did not ship the next day, so I called on the second day. I was again told it was on back order. I called a third time after waiting some more. It still was not in so I waited one more day. When it was not in, I spoke Joe and he had the order shipped without the back ordered item which was not essential.

roofless
07-29-2008, 15:53
I've had a 'back-ordered' item with each of my last 3 orders. Any word if the new facilities will allow for more in-house stock?

Panmanmatt
07-29-2008, 16:15
All my orders have shipped within a few days of ordering. Or I will get a call if something is out of stock asking if I want the ordered shipped without that item or held for shipping for when it comes in.

crgjpg
07-29-2008, 17:15
Every time that I called until I spoke with Joe, it was never offered to have the order shipped without the back ordered item.

ScubaJ
07-29-2008, 17:34
I placed an order at noon today and it shipped a few hours later.
All my orders have shipped the same day.
Way to go ST!!!!!

Ryanh1801
07-29-2008, 17:39
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone else felt that ST was shipping a bit slow recently... My first order was done through email so I sort of forgave them on the 6 day delay... but I ordered some biofins and stuff yesterday (I believe it was all in stock) and I thought they would ship it out yesterday as I ordered before 4 PM Central.

IF you want PM me your INFO, and I will look into it tomorrow at work, or you can call up there today and someone can let you know what is going on with your order. We have tons of Bio fins in stock so that should not be an issue. :smiley20:

Panmanmatt
07-29-2008, 17:40
Every time that I called until I spoke with Joe, it was never offered to have the order shipped without the back ordered item.

Not sure what to tell ya there. I have had it happen on 2 occasions, first time I had the order held until all items were in stock and the second I just canceled the back ordered item as it was a small thing that could wait until next time.

ScubaJ
07-29-2008, 17:42
That sucks.
The one time I had an item that wasn't in stock, I got a phone call to explain the situation and they offered me an upgrade free of charge, or downgrade with a refund of the difference.
GL on your next order.

tonka97
07-29-2008, 18:41
My recent order was prompt, with good shipping notification.

Scubatoys is my go-to store....

SlvrDragon50
07-29-2008, 20:45
Thanks Ryan!

I PMed you my info.. Ah well.. It's not like I'm gonna be diving any time soon.

matt151617
07-29-2008, 22:08
I ordered a reg/BC package that took a few days to ship, but I assumed it was because they had to assemble and test everything.

blewgrass
07-29-2008, 23:13
My two orders were very, very quick. They called me wiltin one hour of my initial order to tell me that they only had a floor model of my Zeagle DS-V. They gave me $25 off and when I got it, I could not tell it was a floor model. Flawless.

SlvrDragon50
07-30-2008, 14:26
Yup, turns out an item was out of stock.

I got Apollo C-straps as a replacement so I'm happy :D

crgjpg
08-06-2008, 13:33
I placed and order over the phone on Monday, 8-4-08, at 3:31 pm. I recived email that order was shippong on Wednesday, 8-6-08, at 11:49 a.m. I did not recieve anyting indicating something was on back order.

thmoose51
08-06-2008, 14:38
My friends and I have ordered a lot of gear from ST over the last couple of years and never had an issue.

BoomerNJ
08-06-2008, 17:06
Placed my order last Thursday, got it on Monday... Great as always!! THANKS ST!!!!

rktman26
08-06-2008, 17:23
I ordered a BC late last week (can't remember the exact day), as well as a few other items. I got a call the next day saying that one of the items was not in stock (an SMB), and could they ship the missing item later? Sure thing, I said.

I get a call the next day, asking if it was okay to ship a similar SMB, that was a few dollars more, instead of waiting, and they would comp the difference. No problem.

When I get the e-mail confirmation, not only did they reduce the price of the replacement SMB to that of the one I originally ordered and knock 10% off for being a forum member, they also knocked an additional $10 of the cost.

I got most of my order yesterday, the SMB will be here tomorrow.

I have nothing to complain about when it comes to ST's customer service. Period.

brandon
08-06-2008, 18:33
I have nothing to complain about when it comes to ST's customer service. Period.

Unlike most online merchants, I've never worried about ST doing all they can to fix a mistake. They'll take care of it =)

-B

firemedic8082
08-06-2008, 20:29
ST is the only place out of 5 online stores that I have placed orders without any issues.

khall69
08-06-2008, 20:59
Last month I ordered on a Wednesday, got an e-mail and it was here on Friday. This month I ordered on Monday and waited for an e-mail but did not get one. My order came on Wednesday and the e-mail came on Thursday. ST was faster than the e-mail.
In contrast, I had ordered over $ 2,000. worth from Divers Supply ( b-4 I new better) in May and I'm still waiting for some of it. The back ordered stuff was sent to the FL. address we were vacationing at, after I told them 3 times to send it to my home add. Who knows how this will end. ---- ScubaToys are the BEST.

Diver Kat
08-06-2008, 22:26
Pretty funny - I had placed an order (for Christmas) and was waiting to hear from them via e-mail or phone to provide payment info. The order showed up in a day, and I hadn't even paid for it! Now that's service!:smiley36:

thagar
08-07-2008, 15:42
I ordered on a Sunday and got it Thursday.

Saipandiver
08-07-2008, 17:26
I live on the island of Saipan in the Pacific, it's near Guam, so shipping is usually a real hassle. I ordered a BC/regulator package from ST a few months ago, and it actually got here 5 days later. That was amazing considering it had to travel half way around the world.

I was so happy with my first experience that I ordered another set for myself as I was going to need it for an upcoming class I was the DM for. I placed the order on July 10th, then was notified on July 16th that they were shipping it, nothing was back ordered. Last week I still hadn't received it and asked Joe if he could get me an update or a tracking number. According to the tracking number, they didn't ship it out until July 23rd. I sent Joe another e-mail last week asking about the status, he said it should be here in 3-4 days, that was 6 days ago.

I sent him another e-mail yesterday trying to convey my concern and frustration at having to rent gear when I spent money on new gear which hasn't arrived yet and asked if he had any suggestions to fix the problem. He still has not responded to that e-mail.

I have only heard good things about ST's service and customer satisfaction, so I am a bit puzzled by this experience. I'm hoping that ST will make it right, but I guess we'll see.

Barberman
08-07-2008, 18:05
Last week ordered a miniwave led dive light on Tuesday night and it was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work on Thursday. As always extremely fast shipping. Thank!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lulubelle
08-08-2008, 06:20
I ordered my computer Tuesday. Thursday I called to see when it would be arriving and was told that it was backordered for 2-3 weeks.

I asked why I had to call to find out about this problem instead of being told about it when I ordered or being called by ST and was told that I was in the queue for followup. I guess they have a big stack of orders to follow up on.

There is no estimated date of arrival yet but Joe said he would loan me a computer out of their rental stock in the interim.

So, certainly no lighting speed here, but it is not to be helped.

shovelhead91701
08-08-2008, 07:51
I have a wetsuit on backorder right now that I have been waiting for over a month on..... That being said, I own a store and understand how backorders work so no worries :). Other than that one item on backorder the in-store service as well as online service has always been great and shipping is super fast but hey, I only live 90 miles from the store....lol.

Brian Sharpe
08-08-2008, 14:08
I just ordered a wetsuit 2 days ago (I'm in Canada) and it was out-of-stock so I was offered an upgrade. I just checked the UPS tracking and they tried to deliver it to my home at 1:37PM today!

mr_tabasco
08-08-2008, 14:54
I can't ever us the tracking because the package shows up about the same time as the tracking number shows on UPS. My last order was placed on a Thursday and I had all of the gear on Monday afternoon. No complaints here!:smiley20::smiley32:

andyrent
08-11-2008, 11:47
I ordered something from ST on Tuesday, 8/05. I got a call that evening that they were backordered and couldn't ship until Monday, 8/11.

I got an email on Thursday, 8/07 that my order had shipped and it arrived on Friday. I am impressed. I didn't see any problems with shipping.

brandon
08-11-2008, 16:57
If something is slow getting out to our island it's usually the mail's fault, not ST's... stupid fog, stupid clouds... STUPID VOLCANOES!

No planes have come in or out for the last 4 days now, so no mail. =( Fortunately, my ST order came last week!

-B

hooligan
08-11-2008, 18:42
ScubaToys has been quick for me lately. But once it gets into those grubby mail handlers at USPS, who knows what happens. I'm just glad they offer shipping to APO addresses. I definitely can't afford to pay Japanese Retail on scuba equipment. If you think US LDSes have out of control prices you should see it here. One word... Ridiculous.

Saipandiver
08-11-2008, 23:56
Here is a little update on my order situation. After I posted about the delay in recieving my order I got an e-mail from Joe very quickly apologizing about the delay and saying he would contact the United States Post Office immediately and if they couldn't tell him where the package was, he would send out another order immediately. That was 4 days ago, and I haven't heard anything from him since then. So now it is 33 days since I placed my order and still nothing, and it wasn't backordered.

There were 2 factors here that didn't make me happy with Scubatoys at all, the first was that when I ordered it on July 10th they told me it was in stock and would be shipped immediately. Then when I inquired about the tracking number on the 16th, they told me it hadn't been shipped yet, but was being shipped that day. But then when I finally did get a tracking number from Joe, it showed that it wasn't shipped until the 23rd. Why a nearly 2 week delay, and why weren't you honest with me when I asked about it?

And the other complaint I have is that after being promised nearly 2 weeks ago that they would send out a replacement order, they still have not done so and have not responded to me in the last 4 days.

My previous experience with them was awesome, but this one has me doubting whether I'll ever use them again, which is sad, because I really like their online store.

If they're just too busy to respond to everyone quickly enough, then maybe they need to hire extra help to keep up with demand, otherwise your reputation for great service will be gone in no time.

brandon
08-12-2008, 02:34
If you can call and speak with them on the phone, I'd suggest giving that a try. Seems like things are complicated enough that a phone call would be the easiest way to sort it all out.

Good luck!

-B

ScubaToys Larry
08-13-2008, 15:26
Here is a little update on my order situation. After I posted about the delay in recieving my order I got an e-mail from Joe very quickly apologizing about the delay and saying he would contact the United States Post Office immediately and if they couldn't tell him where the package was, he would send out another order immediately. That was 4 days ago, and I haven't heard anything from him since then. So now it is 33 days since I placed my order and still nothing, and it wasn't backordered.

There were 2 factors here that didn't make me happy with Scubatoys at all, the first was that when I ordered it on July 10th they told me it was in stock and would be shipped immediately. Then when I inquired about the tracking number on the 16th, they told me it hadn't been shipped yet, but was being shipped that day. But then when I finally did get a tracking number from Joe, it showed that it wasn't shipped until the 23rd. Why a nearly 2 week delay, and why weren't you honest with me when I asked about it?

And the other complaint I have is that after being promised nearly 2 weeks ago that they would send out a replacement order, they still have not done so and have not responded to me in the last 4 days.

My previous experience with them was awesome, but this one has me doubting whether I'll ever use them again, which is sad, because I really like their online store.

If they're just too busy to respond to everyone quickly enough, then maybe they need to hire extra help to keep up with demand, otherwise your reputation for great service will be gone in no time.

Joe sent you an email 4 days ago... did you check your spam folders?? We duplicated the order, and it was shipped out already - we will deal with the postal service on our end. It's one of the reasons we hate dealing with USPS instead of UPS - there is no good tracking between spots - only after it arrives.

But none the less, the order was duplicated, shipped, and we sent you an email on it. If you did not get it, you could try sending s PM to me or Joe and we can communicate that way if your email is causing problems... and it would not be the first time I've seen our emails not get through due to the tougher and tougher spam filters people are using...

So just shoot a PM if there is any problem getting them.

Barberman
08-13-2008, 18:55
Ordered another minwave led light for my wife on Monday and it was on my doorstep today Wednesday. As always extremely fast shipping and service. Thanks Scubatoys!!!

rmifsut
08-13-2008, 19:45
I ordered a few things, a knife, a light, a seacure mouthpiece, a safety sausage, on Sunday, and didnt recieve the email confirmation, so I sent an email on tuesday afternoon and it took joe like 3 minutes to answer with my tracking number and shipping confirmation.. As Always Awesome Service!
Thanks agian Joe!!

Skinsfan1311
08-13-2008, 20:15
All of my orders have arrived in less than a week

Saipandiver
08-19-2008, 20:40
I recieved the second order that ST shipped out to me today, 8/20. So it did take them a while to finally respond and ship out the second order when the first didn't arrive, but then I got the 2nd order about a week later. Considering they had to use the U.S. Postal Service, that was pretty good. I also blame USPS for the delay in the first order arriving. My only frustration was that it took so many e-mails back and forth and so much time before getting the 2nd order shipped out. That wound up costing me 4 additional weekends of rentals for a class I was doing at $40 a weekend.

wmcyow
08-22-2008, 09:28
I ordered a few items from ST, and I promptly received a note saying a couple of items were out of stock - this included an offer to ship what they had right away or wait for the other items to arrive.

The order was shipped on Monday and arrived here in Canada on Wednesday morning. Can't ask for better than that!

Daz
08-22-2008, 11:45
I had no problems with shipping speed on my recent order - it wasn't particularly fast, but it wasn't excessively slow either (came yesterday) - What issue I did/do have is not receiving the promised discount for forum members. I included a note in the comments section of my order advising that I am a member here and included my username. I figured the discount would show on my invoice later, but when I received the emailed invoice there was no discount. Hmmm, OK - they just missed it, so I emailed back to Greg (who sent/signed the email advising that my order had shipped), nothing, nada, zip.

No response from anyone - that was a week ago...

sravin1
08-22-2008, 12:10
I had no problems with shipping speed on my recent order - it wasn't particularly fast, but it wasn't excessively slow either (came yesterday) - What issue I did/do have is not receiving the promised discount for forum members. I included a note in the comments section of my order advising that I am a member here and included my username. I figured the discount would show on my invoice later, but when I received the emailed invoice there was no discount. Hmmm, OK - they just missed it, so I emailed back to Greg (who sent/signed the email advising that my order had shipped), nothing, nada, zip.

if you were to pm joe or larry, o am sure they will take care of it for you.

ScubaToys Larry
08-22-2008, 12:23

It was in the que to do the refund, and Ricky just got back and is going through and doing all of them over and assured me your $6.14 has been credited to your card. Sorry for the trouble. Feel free to PM me anytime if you have any problems.

Daz
08-22-2008, 15:13
Thanks Larry - I figured I'd hear from somebody at some point - I was just a bit surprised that a week had gone by.

Now -
If you'll give me Mod powers I'll split this thread and move it to the "Job Well Done" section :D