PDA

View Full Version : Table Rock, Beaver Lake conditions?

Mtrewyn
07-29-2008, 19:21
How is the vis here?

My shop says 3-5 feet, that seems bad, worse than before, has any one been in the last week or so?:smiley20::smiley21::smiley5:

I've been out of the country for a while and out of touch.

skdvr
07-29-2008, 21:03
I was at TRL the week after July 4th and we had 15ft of vis between 30ft and 80ft. It was nasty above and below that. I am sure there is still better than 3-5.

Phil

snagel
07-30-2008, 05:16
I second skdvr....Table Rock is hosting probably the best diving for the local lakes. It's a little mucky up top, but clears as you get deeper.

There are several posts on the conditions at Scuba Steves' Midwest Diving Reports (http://www.midwestmuckdiving.com)

Snagel

Barberman
07-30-2008, 17:30
Viz around the dam/bluff area on Beaver is probably 10+ ft. This was about a week and a half ago when I was there. It improves everytime I go down there.

Barberman
08-04-2008, 16:47
Just thought I would update this since I dove on Beaver Lake this weekend. The viz was pretty bad on all 3 of our dives. Did one dive by Starkey Park and had prob 5 ft viz in most areas, patches were a little better. We did two night dives at the bluffs and viz wasn't great for those either. Seen lots of nice bass though especially on Saturday night. Viz was quite a bit worse Saturday night than Friday night, but that may have been due to high boat traffic. Heard someone say that lake may be turning over, but not sure.

Mtrewyn
08-04-2008, 18:38
I was at TR this sun. Vis was close to 3-5 feet like they said, it got real dark around 20 ft, vis dropped to where it was NOT fun, got to 20ish feet stayed for a while, than called it, no fun

I was near 39-5 lake road near Shell Knob, just FYI

mm2002
08-07-2008, 11:42
I was at TR this sun. Vis was close to 3-5 feet like they said, it got real dark around 20 ft, vis dropped to where it was NOT fun, got to 20ish feet stayed for a while, than called it, no fun

I was near 39-5 lake road near Shell Knob, just FYI

I've heard that about some areas of the lake. Man, you should have went over by the Dam. Thursday we saw 20ft + vis below 30ft. Even up shallower, it's much better, I'd say minimum 5-8ft. It doesn't start getting real dark until below 80ft.