PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Seattle dry-suit teacher

lisa
07-30-2008, 16:12
Hi
I'm new here.
I would appreciate a referral to a very kind and patient DRY-SUIT instructor in the Seattle/Puget Sound area. I just got my own suit.

I was certified in warm water 4 years ago and haven't been in since.
GOTTA CHANGE THAT! It's absolutely the #1 peak experience of my fabulous life!!!!!!! Wow WOW WOOOOOW!
Like that phrase I just saw on here that I printed up and put on the car--
Same Planet...Different World: I've dived and gone to heaven!

I had wonderful teachers in Kona, full of aloha and wonder after all those years diving. I deserved that; because before that, I began locally and got an arrogant, competitive jerk-of-a-lousy-teacher who didn't seem to want to share the water... But that's cool; sob told me I'd never dive and here I am seeking the next level! (playing Johnny Cash, boy named sue, in background...)

At 54, I'm not the waif jock I used to be. And that's fine but my hands and feet are damaged and I need help with heavy things. It's not a character flaw, but seems to make macho people scornful. Since this is the most beautiful inspiring thing I've ever done, I want to share it with people who dive with joy.

I'd prefer to train weekdays but that's open and of course, I'm willing to pay for qualified instruction. I'm really stoked about this, and try hard to be great company and I give good picnic.
Thanks in advance for your help and encouragement. Some of the folks on this site are just a scream!

wickybrook
03-20-2015, 08:10
full of aloha and wonder after all those years diving. I deserved that; because ???

navyhmc
03-20-2015, 09:43
Not a lot of folks here in the Seattle area, and to be honest, I'm not sure that the shops that I frequented 20+ years ago are still open. My best advice is visit a few of the shops and see which feels right.

diversteve
03-20-2015, 13:37
That was so 6 years ago and I'm pretty sure our friend from Spain is a spammer - reported.

navyhmc
03-20-2015, 15:12
Thanks Steve, didn't see the original date.... my bad.