PDA

View Full Version : Brigade

rktman26
07-31-2008, 12:45
I ordered a Zeagle Brigade today and have a question for anyone who has one.

I see that you can detach the BX Power inflator, and use a garden hose to rinse the bladder. Zeagle's catalog says that you can do this with any Zeagle BC with the New BX Inflator or Octo-Z.

I'm taking a guess and saying that all are shipped with the BX power inflator, right? I know the Octo-Z is an add-on, but the standard bladder still has a LP power inflator, right? When I get the BC, I should be able to plug in the LP inflator hose, and go diving, no other addons required (besides my reg, tank, etc.)

Thanks for any input.

mr_tabasco
07-31-2008, 12:50
You might want to check into the weight pouches. Zeagle Weight Pouches - 18 lb. Capacity - Weight Thingies, Zeagle Accessories, Zeagle, Zeagle Weight Pouches - 18 lb. Capacity - Weight Thingies (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=zeagleweightpocket18)

rktman26
07-31-2008, 12:55
You might want to check into the weight pouches. Zeagle Weight Pouches - 18 lb. Capacity - Weight Thingies, Zeagle Accessories, Zeagle, Zeagle Weight Pouches - 18 lb. Capacity - Weight Thingies (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=zeagleweightpocket18)

I picked those up as well. My concern is whether or not I need anything for the inflator. Is the BX inflator optional? What does it come with to inflate the bladder?

ScottZeagle
07-31-2008, 13:07
It depends...

If the BC was in stock before we made the change to the BX Inflator, it may have the old style. Everything shipped in the last month or so has the new BX style.

You might want to call Scuba Toys and ask them.

Edited to add: To answer your basic question, yes, the BC will have an inflator. You just need to attach the inflator hose to your reg and you can go diving!

rktman26
07-31-2008, 13:08
Thanks!

rktman26
07-31-2008, 13:19
Called ScubaToys, they confirmed that it has the BX inflator on it.

Thanks for the help.

Zenagirl
07-31-2008, 13:40
You will LOVE that BX inflator! We retrofitted our (old) Zeagle BCs with it before our trip to Bonaire earlier this month and cleaning them upon our return was a piece of cake. :D There is a huge measure of comfort in knowing that the inflator assembly and bladders are free from any dried salt residue, which is killer for dive gear.

The other thing is that when we removed the old inflators to install the BX, you could easily tell which one had been on my Zena for 4 years and which had been on my husband's Ranger for 1 year.....the spring told the tale!

rktman26
07-31-2008, 13:47
I can't wait. I probably won't get it until next week, but I'm pretty excited about it.

And the idea of asking a question in a public forum, and having the owner of the company answer it, is pretty cool. Bill Gates quit answering customer service calls a long time ago, and look what happened with Windows Vista.

crgjpg
07-31-2008, 14:06
IAnd the idea of asking a question in a public forum, and having the owner of the company answer it, is pretty cool.

I know it almost seems like fairy tale to have him reply to you. :smiley36: I was on the forum before I bought my equipment. Him replying to people was part of the reason that I went with Zeagle equipment.

BoomerNJ
07-31-2008, 14:50
IAnd the idea of asking a question in a public forum, and having the owner of the company answer it, is pretty cool.

I know it almost seems like fairy tale to have him reply to you. :smiley36: I was on the forum before I bought my equipment. Him replying to people was part of the reason that I went with Zeagle equipment.

+1! That's why I went with Zeagle as well, plus the Brigade is an awesome BCD & half the price of most of it's competition...

harb99
07-31-2008, 15:01
Him replying to people was part of the reason that I went with Zeagle equipment.

the price was a large part, but that helped with my decision as well

Zenagirl
08-01-2008, 07:56
Scott is a regular guy and a really wonderful resource. If you get a chance to go to a scuba show that he'll be at, take the opportunity to meet him...he's the best. :D

ScottZeagle
08-01-2008, 08:08
And the idea of asking a question in a public forum, and having the owner of the company answer it, is pretty cool. Bill Gates quit answering customer service calls a long time ago, and look what happened with Windows Vista.

I don't own this place...I just work here.

I just happened to marry the daughter of the guy who does own it...but thanks for the kind words.

;)

RikRaeder
08-01-2008, 08:49
Has she got a sister?:cool_shades:

ScottZeagle
08-01-2008, 08:54
Has she got a sister?:cool_shades:

Nope...she's an only child....

:D

WetHog
08-01-2008, 09:09
Funny how he married Ms Zeagle.....and he changed his name. I guess we know who where's the wetsuit in that family:smilie39::smilie39:

mr_tabasco
08-01-2008, 09:50
Funny how he married Ms Zeagle.....and he changed his name. I guess we know who where's the wetsuit in that family:smilie39::smilie39:

Now that's Funny!:smiley31:

ScottZeagle
08-01-2008, 09:52
What's even funnier is that you think Zeagle is a surname.

;)

Some of you may not be old enough to remember the days before high speed internet, but back in the old days (and actually up until about 3 years ago out here in the country) we had to use AOL. It was a slow, painfull time...but we managed.

All Zeagle employees had _____Zeagle@aol.com email addresses. Mine was ScottZeagle, Jims was JimZeagle, Dennis had DennisZeagle, etc...

Zeagle is a company name - not anyones last name.

This concludes your Zeagle history lesson for the day....there is a more elaborate post about this on ScubaBoard someplace, if you want to spend the time to search for it.

:)

WetHog
08-01-2008, 10:06
In a cruel twist of fate. The reason I brought it up is my wife's cousin performed our ceremony. He was so used to calling her by her maiden name that he introduced us a Mr and Mrs Robert and Lannette Stringer (my wife's maiden name):smiley5:

ScottZeagle
08-01-2008, 12:44
Now THAT is funny....

;)

joemamma
08-22-2008, 23:40
I too am ordering my gear from ST from here on out due to great customer service, and the great info found here on the board. Just pulled the trigger on a zena for the wife, and i am trying to decide between the ranger LTD or Brigade built off a ltd frame. decisions decisions!

boerique
08-02-2009, 09:17
Scott is a regular guy and a really wonderful resource. If you get a chance to go to a scuba show that he'll be at, take the opportunity to meet him...he's the best. :D

Scott, any plan to come to DEEP Indonesia 2010 ??
You will be welcome by Zeagle fans in town... :smiley20::smiley20: ...and meet couple of new customer

I also heard that Indonesia is a good place to dive... :smiley2:

Splitlip
08-02-2009, 09:32
You will LOVE that BX inflator! We retrofitted our (old) Zeagle BCs with it before our trip to Bonaire earlier this month and cleaning them upon our return was a piece of cake. :D There is a huge measure of comfort in knowing that the inflator assembly and bladders are free from any dried salt residue, which is killer for dive gear.

The other thing is that when we removed the old inflators to install the BX, you could easily tell which one had been on my Zena for 4 years and which had been on my husband's Ranger for 1 year.....the spring told the tale!

I am planning to replace the standard inflators on my two Oxycheq wings with the BX's.

Do they perform the same as the older Zeagle inflators?

Foo2
08-06-2009, 00:55

I am planning to replace the standard inflators on my two Oxycheq wings with the BX's.

Do they perform the same as the older Zeagle inflators?

Yes, the inflators are the same.