PDA

View Full Version : Table tutor software on here

crea2k
07-31-2008, 20:38
Does it tell you the basics of how to actually read the tables properly ?, I passed the online padi tables module tonight, but only through sheer luck, not even sure I need them as iv invested in a Mares Puck that im learning to use but I prob need to know them for the OW whether I have a computer or not ?, they just very very confusing, the answer given was always different to mine lol :smiley5:, I can just about work out the new computerised table thing but the manual paper one makes my headspin.:smiley21:

ScubaToys Larry
07-31-2008, 20:43
Try downloading this and do some sample problems: Table Tutor, Education, ScubaToys, Table Tutor (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TableTutor)

I bet it will help.

mchain
08-01-2008, 00:30
It actually helped me a lot. I had forgotten how to do multi dive planning correctly and I got it all straightened out now. Check it out and see for yourself.

crea2k
08-01-2008, 06:10
Cool, I will check it out this afternoon, I need a comlete idiots guide as they were confusing the living hell out of me argh, its especially bad when the questions are in metric and imperial yet padi only seem to have an imperial table on thier online learning and im from the UK so imperial is total gibberish to me so working anything out was comical :S .

crgjpg
08-01-2008, 08:37
My wife has a hard time with the tables and usually depends on me. Recently she said that she wants to work on knowing the tables better, so I will have her use the table tutor.

NeveSSL
08-01-2008, 08:45
... not even sure I need them as iv invested in a Mares Puck that im learning to use but I prob need to know them for the OW whether I have a computer or not ? ...

You'll definitely want to know them. Why? What are you going to do if you've taken a $2,000 trip to Bonaire and your computer dies and you don't have a backup? You're gonna use your tables! :D Definitely make it a point to learn them and then also refresh before each dive. Tis what I do, anyway. :)

I think its sort of a rite of passage for divers to learn dive tables. ;)

Brandon

coral cowgirl
08-07-2008, 14:33
The software is useful to "refresh" before a dive trip. It's user-friendly and has been really helpful, especially for missing interval figures etc. A wide assortment of air and nitrox tables are accessible.

navyhmc
08-08-2008, 02:06
I fell very confident in my table use. I do have table tutor down loaded and use it on numerous occasions just to keep proficient. Table Tutor is indeed a good program as you can choose between a number of tables to calulate from and the software will adjust to the table you selected, be it PADI, NAUI, Navy, Eanx, etc.

I like it!