PDA

View Full Version : Would like advice on Drysuits

hawkenph
08-01-2008, 10:31
Hi all,

I am looking between the White's Fusion and the DUI TLS 350. I am not sure which one to go with. Would you guys mind giving me your option on these and what you would buy?
Thanks again for any help.
Kurt

tc_rain
08-01-2008, 11:15
I like the DUI TLS350. It is an extremely durable light weight suit. You also can't beat DUI zipseals. I would recommend going to the DUI website and see if they are having a Dog Days event somewhere near so you can dive one.

tc_rain
08-01-2008, 11:16
I guess you can scratch that, i just noticed your location. Sorry..

skdvr
08-01-2008, 11:48
I have the Fusion and love it... My buddy has a TLS 350 and loves that... I have witnessed first hand how tough his suit is from him installing a p-valve and how long it took him to get through the suit with a hole punch and a hammer. Pretty impressive. The only thing that I like better about his suit over mine is his pockets are a bit bigger...

I really do love my Fusion though. Range of motion is awesome. Easy to get into once you get the thing figured out. The first few times you try to get into it will be a fight if you try to just pull it on like a regular suit. There is a slight trick to it. Just for fun I put this video together that you can take a look at here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akaqL24uoyA). I think if I had my choice between the two I would go back to the Fusion. Plus for the money the Fusion is a better deal.

Just my .02

Phil

Vegas
08-01-2008, 12:43
[quote=tc_rain;209862]I like the DUI TLS350. It is an extremely durable light weight suit. You also can't beat DUI zipseals.......quote]

I'm still diving wet, but have begun posing alot of questions to my friends who dive dry (and that work in the scuba shops)... you know....beginning the research...

anyway....I keep hearing that these zipseals, mentioned above, are a HUGE asset. I'll be looking for them when I finally get to really shopping.

tc_rain
08-01-2008, 13:33
If you rip a seal on a dive you can replace it in a matter of seconds and not cancel the dive. If you rip a seal on another suit you are looking at weeks to send it in for replacement. DUI zip seals are a little expensive and seem to be a bit thinner but IMHO they are well worth it. The TLS350 will be my next suit.

skdvr
08-01-2008, 15:40
DUI zip seals are a little expensive and seem to be a bit thinner but IMHO they are well worth it.

That is the only thing that I do not like about the zip seals is that they are so thin. I would think at their cost they would be pretty heavy duty but they are not. It is nice to be able to do a field replacement in a few min though. Well as long as you have extra seals with you. Well I guess I lied, becuse there is one other thing that I do not like about the zip seals, and that is if you put zip gloves on them. I do not like that as soon as you put your suit on you have to have your dry gloves on. It makes it a little more difficult to get ready with the gloves and insulation. I suppose you could get use to that though. The other thing is if you rip a glove while you are on your dive you will flood your suit and rather quickly because you do not have a wrist seal under the glove. Personally if I had a DUI suit with zip seals and I wanted dryglove I would stay with a system like the Viking Bayonet rings that leave the wrist seal intact.

Phil

hawkenph
08-01-2008, 19:38
I would love to goto a Dog day.. lol Wish I could. Does anyone know what the warranty is on the Fusion? I have e-mailed the company with no response.
Its a tough choice to choose between the 2 of them. I know if I want to look at a DUI I have to goto Hong Kong for it. And I would have to go out of country for the Fusion too. I am just doing my research for now on it. Since I just bought all new gear from ST.:smiley20::smiley1: lol Need to save the pennys again.
I think I will get both. That way I have a back-up and who knows how my mood is each day. Just may switch between the 2 of them. That way I have best of both worlds. lol At least my wife is supportive of all of this.
Kurt

RoyN
08-01-2008, 21:05
The fusion seems like the best option because its not heavy as a DUI and its like a wetsuit.