PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma area 8/2 or 8/3 tenkiller, beaver or whatever Anyone ?

Gragon
08-01-2008, 10:55
Ok heres the deal I'm very much a novice diver the wife and i got certified about a year and a half ago went to Cancun did one dive and she decided she hated it and hasnt been willing to go since so I haven't dived since.
However Monday I am flying to Australia(short notice) for work and there is no way I'm flying all the way over there without diving on the reef, but Australia regs say I have to have a dive logged with in a year to go diving without a lot of rigimarole so I need to get a dive in this weekend.
I could go to tenkiller ( prob best) or Beaver or maybe even table rock or Ouchita if neccisary.
So anyone willing to dive with a desprate newbee this weekend ?

Oops just noticed Oklahoma is suppose to be SW so guess Ill repost there, but will check back here incase anyone answers anyway.

SteveC
08-01-2008, 16:06
I bet your wife’s opinion of Cancun would improve drastically if you took her with you to TenKiller :)

Gragon
08-01-2008, 17:09
Prob not in fact i might have atually got her to dive again if I had done ten killer first time. She never even got more than 5 feet below surface in cancun ( and it was cancun for first dive not cozumel or cenotes those were scheduled next couple days). Boat was horrid with a rough ride and no facilities resulting in here being sea sick before we got to dive site and equipment was crap with regulators making you work hard to breath even at the surface.
If she had been someplace where she didnt have to ride a boat out and had semi decent equipment I migth have got her in the water again.

Soonerwink
08-01-2008, 20:33
We have a group from our dive club going to Tenkiller Sat. and Sun. Check us out at Tulsa Aquanauts (Tulsa, OK) - Meetup.com (http://www.tulsaaquanauts.com). We also have a group leaving for the Flower Gardens on Sunday.

Brandon Belew
08-04-2008, 16:50
He ended up getting his dives in at Oronogo. How would you like to go from that crap to great barrier reef :P