PDA

View Full Version : Carol Davis underwear

auburntiger1976
08-01-2008, 14:10
I'm trying to decide between a Santi Light 40 and Carol Davis to use with my new DUI. I previously asked a question about the Santi and got the answers I was looking for.

With respect to the Carol Davis "bodysock", I notice that it has thumb holes/loops....however, it appears that they extend almost all the way to the knuckles of your hands, which would obviously interfere with the wrist seals. If anyone out there has one of these, can you explain how this works? Do you take your thumb out once you put your drysuit on, and push the sleeves back? If so, does the extra material from the thumb loop bunch up just before the wrist seal? Here is a link to a picture of what I'm talking about -- https://www.cdsportswear.com/wf_style2.htm

Thanks.

EDIT: Just read a little more carefully, and the site says, "When you don't need the thumbholes, simply slip your thumbs out and wear as a normal wrist cuff -- you won't be able to tell the difference."

navyhmc
08-01-2008, 17:29
That style of undergarment is becoming very popular with those who are doing cold weather sports. It does make a big difference when skiing or snowshoeing. I would think that if the material was still on your hand when you had the seal all the way on, it would let water into your dry suit. But there's no reason why you couldn't tuck it in once you have it all the way on. It would bunch up a little, but would also provide a little more insulation for your wrists. To me that's a good thing as the area around your wrist is a seious warmth robber-the blood flow is so close to the surafce of your skin that it is very close to the cold.

CompuDude
08-04-2008, 19:05
I have the Carol Davis, and love it. It's a very good base layer for my thicker DUI PowerStretch 300 in the winter.

As you saw, the thumb loops are there just to help keep your sleeves in place while you put it on under other clothing. Once your hand is out, you take your thumb out of the loop and it's just a regular sleeve (with a little hole in it).

The "back door" option is awesome in the winter, when it's cold out but nature calls. One less layer you have to peel down!

Wkndbum
08-04-2008, 19:59
I have the CD suit also & use it for a base layer. Works great. Don't worry about the thumb loop.