PDA

View Full Version : Mask strap on? Mask strap off?

NewDaScuba13
08-02-2008, 02:18
I'm doing a little surveys of my own just to see how all of our customers respond.

I'm not sure how many of you have purchased personal gear packages or masks with soft straps, but we install the Mask Strap on the Mask before it goes out. For instance, if a mask and mask strap are purchased together, we go ahead and install it for the customer (they can get confusing sometimes)!

Today I asked myself, I wonder if sometimes they just needed an extra one for someone else? So, my question of the day...

Do you prefer the mask strap installed or not?

Yes, No, Not sure.

Choose wisely. :)

NeveSSL
08-02-2008, 03:18
Installed... yes, but also give me the original one, too. :)

Brandon

Lone Frogman
08-02-2008, 04:28
No do not touch my gear. Well, its ok to pack it for shipping. I'd rather do any fitting, rigging and installations myself. Thanks for the offer anyway. I'm sure many will disagree. It's what works for me. BTW thanks for asking.

crgjpg
08-02-2008, 06:58
I think that it would be good to ask. Some people would like to do it themselves. Others might be buying the strap for a different mask. If I was ordering a strap and it was going on the mask that I just order, I would appreciate the strap being put on it. I also would expect to get the original strap.

Coaster
08-02-2008, 08:17
You may do it...thanks for helping...and asking.

obrules15
08-02-2008, 08:20
I would like to be asked, usually I would like it installed, and I would like the original strap sent as well (I use those in Save A Dive kits.)

Monkeylemon
08-02-2008, 10:27

Brandon
Ditto that--I like to have spare parts around.

dogseatmayo
08-02-2008, 11:41

Brandon
Ditto that--I like to have spare parts around.

same here. i still keep my mask straps, but i hope i don't have to use them:smiley2:

snoballz
08-02-2008, 14:00
I think that it would be good to ask. Some people would like to do it themselves. Others might be buying the strap for a different mask. If I was ordering a strap and it was going on the mask that I just order, I would appreciate the strap being put on it. I also would expect to get the original strap.

+1

I usually like to install/work on my own stuff.

:smiley16:

NewDaScuba13
08-02-2008, 15:54
When we install mask straps, we always put the original back in there. I mean of course, you bought the mask! Hah! On all (almost all) mask descriptions, there should be an option for a mask strap and free defog. But sometimes people buy a mask and then get a mask strap as a seperate product, which I usually install, just because it's habit. But sometimes I think, "You know what, they might be getting that for someone else?"

I also thought that if it WASN'T for that mask, the silicone strap is usually more difficult to install than the neoprene one. Heh. Who knew?

Black-Gorrilla
08-03-2008, 18:44
when i read the tittle i asked myself "how can you dive with the mask strap off??"

Damselfish
08-03-2008, 19:07
doesn't hurt to ask, but makes no sense to assume. Given how hard it is to get some silicone straps on a mask I'd be irritated if the soft strap was not intended for that mask.

Vercingetorix
08-03-2008, 20:09
Uninstalled. I can do it myself if that's the intent.

//why do folks set-up polls to display voters vis-a-vis vote tallies?

hooligan
08-03-2008, 20:51
I would say that 90% of the time if someone orders a mask and a neoprene strap, they would want it installed. Maybe putting an option for installation on the product page when ordering would solve the problem... and maybe create some more work for Larry ;).

navyhmc
08-03-2008, 20:57
Me, I'm indifferent, as long as both straps are shipped with the mask. Doesn't really matter one way of the other.

freeski4ever
08-04-2008, 00:43
I don't really care either way, but seriously Kyle, don't you have better things to be doing than creating a poll???..... like SHIPPING ORDERS!!!! :D ;) j/k

mistletoe
08-04-2008, 07:33
I want the mask attached. It's a hassle for me to put it on.

FailedExistence
08-04-2008, 09:24
I wouldn't expect the company I am ordering from to do this for me unless I specifically asked or bought the two together as an option to the mask, or as a package. That said, I'd probably appreciate it being done - worst case scenario I redo it, or like it so much I order a second strap to fill the original need! :)

CompuDude
08-04-2008, 19:45

Works for me.

I wouldn't mind someone else installing it, but would need to check their work regardless, so it doesn't matter much one way or the other to me. I appreciate being given a choice, however.

Grizbear98
08-04-2008, 21:16
Normally I'd say go ahead and install it, but its always nice to have an option

NewDaScuba13
08-05-2008, 12:27
I don't really care either way, but seriously Kyle, don't you have better things to be doing than creating a poll???..... like SHIPPING ORDERS!!!! :D ;) j/k

Of course I do... when I box, I always fear I'm going to tape my favorite pen inside the box! That's how Todd lost his wedding ring, heh.

thagar
08-07-2008, 17:01
when i read the tittle i asked myself "how can you dive with the mask strap off??"

You know I thought the same thing. I thought I was about to be educated on a new technique.

bottomdweller
08-11-2008, 14:10
I ordered a new mask & soft strap last year from ST & I was pleased that it came with the soft strap installed.
But I did not get the original mask strap with my order, It would be nice to have in my save a dive kit. I guess I wasn't too worried about it though, I didn't complain. I don't suppose you guys still have my orignal strap lying around you could send me?

sravin1
08-11-2008, 15:43
i would like mine installed. actually, i dont mind if you do it without asking me too. i would like the original.

brandon
08-11-2008, 16:34
I'd like to have an option whether or not to have it installed, and if installed, I'd like to keep the old one as a spare.

-B

firemedic8082
08-12-2008, 14:23
If I order it together I would appreciate it being put on for me, if it wasnt for that mask worst case scenario I have to change it back my self, either way I appreciate all the help I can get.

Mtrewyn
08-14-2008, 18:38
Me, I'm indifferent, as long as both straps are shipped with the mask. Doesn't really matter one way of the other.

this is my thought

Warren
08-14-2008, 23:27
I would like to be asked, usually I would like it installed, and I would like the original strap sent as well (I use those in Save A Dive kits.)

What he said!

GIFFMANN
08-15-2008, 09:40
Would be nice to have the option, but the service of installing is a nice touch.

floater
08-15-2008, 10:03
First best would be an option box to specify installed/uninstalled next to mask strap buy.

Second best would be to install it, just because often there are various ways you can install a soft strap, and I always wonder how they are intended to be installed i.e. official rigging. (Of course, I'd install it my preferred way anyway...)

However, I would not expect it to be installed.

ScubaJ
08-15-2008, 14:35
I think it's pretty cool that they offer to put the strap on.
It's not like it's a complicated piece of equipment, but it's nice that they take care of the lil things for us.

Way to go ST.

mrbheagney
09-03-2008, 00:49
you say soft mask strap, is there a hard mask strap. Are you referring to a slap strap.

Montana Diver
12-15-2008, 17:05
Pleae leave it off. Either buying a spare or for another mask.

shawnwill36
12-15-2008, 20:28
i was always told a mask strap is for ppl with long hair

imasinker
12-15-2008, 20:34
Put er on I wanna go diving....geesh....LOL

Mecha
12-15-2008, 21:06
if i paid for a mask strap unless i was giving it to someone i would want you to install it on the mask i bought at the same time

cruzan
05-10-2009, 08:54
Ask as an option, for me its better on.