PDA

View Full Version : Canister light on Ranger

kingfish
08-02-2008, 07:22
Gday,
I was just wondering what method people use to mount a canister light on there Ranger.

Thanks,
Jason.

LRDWILDER
08-19-2008, 09:25
Honestly I tried a few different things and I really couldn't get it to work well...about the only thing that really bummed me out about the ranger...I tried on the tank straps but couldn't reach my switch...tried on shoulder strap but it didn't work...finally I just slung the dang thing which really stunk as well....

Defman
08-19-2008, 10:56
Just an idea, dunno if it would work... what about mounting it between the vest & bladder? Kinda like their 6 cf pony bottle rig.
Quick Deploy Pony System Zeagle Systems - Scuba Diving Equipment Manufacturer (http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?submenu=RedundantAirSystems&src=gendocs&link=AlternateAirSourcesQuickDeployPony&category=Regulators)

CompuDude
08-19-2008, 13:08
Why, you simply mount it on the waist belt of your upgraded BC (read: bp/w), of course. ;)

Is there any 2" webbing exposed on the outside of the Ranger? It's been a little while since I looked at one too closely. Perhaps a seamstress could find a place to sew a little attachment point on?

MSilvia
08-19-2008, 13:29
Why, you simply mount it on the waist belt of your upgraded BC (read: bp/w), of course. ;)
Hey man... quit tryin' to push your gear on poor, unsuspecting folks who like equipment with shortcomings. ;)

Seriously though, I agree with compudude... modification of the Ranger might be your best bet unless you want to trade it in for something that has the attachment point you want. An alternative you might try would be mounting it on a weight belt.

LRDWILDER
08-21-2008, 06:48
There are no 2" spots that would allow you to mount it....you will need to have it made....as for the quick deploy set up...I looked into it...Still ends up being hard to turn on and off, if not virtually impossible.

Now I could certainlly put it on a BP/W...but then I'd be a tool and have to hate myself ;)

stairman
08-21-2008, 07:02
You can ziptie the can light to the plastic piece on your waistband.It has slots to slide the ties through.Im not sure what the original purpose of the hard plastic is for but it worked for me till I went to harness and wing.The Ranger still gets used by the daughter but she dont have a can light.

kingfish
08-23-2008, 08:06
Hmm.... thanks for the help.:smiley20:
The only 2 inch webbing exposed is at the front really.

I would prefer to get it sitting below my shoulder if i could.

I was wondering if the clip between the wing and the bc would be any good as a mounting point?

I will be "upgrading" eventually CompuDude but that will be in the future....i should have picked a cheaper hobby lol.

What type of attachment point do you recommend if i can round up a seamstress from somewhere.

Jas.

Plug
08-24-2008, 01:42
If there is nothing esles in them, mine used to fit in the wieght pocket with just the switch hanging out.

Brendan

Defman
08-24-2008, 07:08
I was wondering if the clip between the wing and the bc would be any good as a mounting point?

Hmmm... I think someone suggested that idea... :smiley2:

CompuDude
08-24-2008, 18:28
Hmm.... thanks for the help.:smiley20:
The only 2 inch webbing exposed is at the front really.

I would prefer to get it sitting below my shoulder if i could.

I will be "upgrading" eventually CompuDude but that will be in the future....i should have picked a cheaper hobby lol.

What type of attachment point do you recommend if i can round up a seamstress from somewhere.

Jas.

Hard to say... time to get creative. Take a look and see what your options are with space, secure places to sew, how your light's can connects, etc. Go over it with the seamstress to be sure their machine is up to the task at those connection points. (I often use a cobbler for stuff like this since their machines are super heavy duty.)

I personally envision a couple little sections of 2" webbing, to turn into a mini-web belt (sewn at each end), which you can then attach a weight belt buckle to and recreate the usual attachment method. But I'd have to hold a Ranger in my hand and play with it to be sure.