PDA

View Full Version : hello

ixrayu
08-11-2007, 11:31
Hello everyone! I'm a newly certified diver. Couldn't stand the fact that my husband and son was seeing things that I wanted to but had to overcome a fear of the water(which was NOT easy). We live in northeast AL. The only place I have dived at other than the pool for classes is Vortex Springs. But hubby and son have gone to Martha's Quarry today. I'm home as no babysitter for our almost 4 year old daughter. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

DivingsInMyBlood
08-11-2007, 11:34
Hello and welcome to ST.

skdvr
08-11-2007, 15:28
Welcome to the board. You can learn a lot and make some frineds as long as you are active on the board. You have to be careful though because this can become addictive.

Phil

3rdEye
08-11-2007, 16:35
congrats on overcoming that fear and going for it, and welcome to the board

bullshark
08-11-2007, 17:08
hi and welcome. congradulations on overcoming your fears and getting certified. I just got certified myself about 2 weeks ago

mmf3279
08-11-2007, 20:31
Hi Sherry, I am a newly certified diver as well. See you in the threads!

plot
08-11-2007, 20:40
i overcame my fear of the water pretty easily when i was able to dive down and see what was actually underneath it... took all the mystery away.

welcome to the board!

medic001918
08-11-2007, 21:51
Welcome and enjoy. You'll like your time spent here I think as it's a good group of people with a lot of information to share.

Shane

frankc420
08-11-2007, 21:52
Welcome to the board from Mississippi!

I'm sure any questions you have will be answered quickly here! I'm sure if you ask nicely you might even find a good babysitter... :D

cummings66
08-11-2007, 22:07
I'm home as no babysitter for our almost 4 year old daughter. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hello, I too have a 4 year old daughter, nearing 5 now. What I do is take her with me, she swims sort of in the shallow areas and if its not possible she watches a video. If that doesn't work then she plays.

The thing you might try doing so that you and hubby dive equally is take turns watching her. You dive with son and he watches, then swap. If you trust your son then you and hubby dive and he watches. You can get in a lot more diving that way.

My daughter likes the water and looking at fish. She'll take bread and toss in to see the fish come up and eat so maybe something like that will work for you as well. I have her in a cute life jacket she picked out, so she'll wear it. The rule is she has that on when in the water.

At any rate welcome to the board, hope you get more diving in.

Centerius
08-12-2007, 10:01
Welcome to the board! I'm in Tallahassee, so I'm pretty close to Morrison/Vortex. When you get a chance, check out Morrison Spring, it's a really nice place (and it's free!).

uzzell20
08-14-2007, 18:14
welcome to the board

Bill22
08-14-2007, 22:45
Hello everyone! I'm a newly certified diver. Couldn't stand the fact that my husband and son was seeing things that I wanted to but had to overcome a fear of the water(which was NOT easy). We live in northeast AL. The only place I have dived at other than the pool for classes is Vortex Springs. But hubby and son have gone to Martha's Quarry today. I'm home as no babysitter for our almost 4 year old daughter. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hello and welcome to the board.... Lot's of nice people here :-)

Foo2
08-15-2007, 12:53
Welcome to ST! Ahhh, the babysitter saga. I have a 3 year old and a 9 month old. Hubby and I have to find babysitters for our kids that don't mind watching them all day. I always feel bad leaving them with someone for that long. I know that it is a cramp in their style to have my kiddos there. I hope you find somebody you can depend on soon!

Foo2
08-15-2007, 13:00
BTW, I like your avatar! Cute!