PDA

View Full Version : Scuba on the brain!

mocepts
08-07-2008, 13:48
OK. I realized the other day that I think about diving way too much.

I was at the market and saw a beautiful woman who lets say.... was blessed with some very nice "assets", and the first thing I thought of was, "Hmmm, I wonder how much weight it would take for her to get down?".

Vegas
08-07-2008, 13:52
You're not alone, friend.

I am terribly preoccupied with thoughts of Diving....all the time.

We were out on a motorcycle run in Utah...the weather was gorgeous, the birds were singing...we passed a beautiful lake...and all I could think of was....I wonder what the vis is like in there?

Foo2
08-07-2008, 13:57
we passed a beautiful lake...and all I could think of was....I wonder what the vis is like in there?

:smilie39: I do the same thing all the time!:smilie39:

crgjpg
08-07-2008, 13:58
I am there with you. When I pass any type of water, I wonder what it would like to diver in it.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
08-07-2008, 14:08
Yep. I hear ya. It's sad. I spent last night watching you tube diving videos and practicing knot tying and line handling.

I'm obsessed. But this weekend my be my last diving until Christmas since I'll have my kids full time and no family in the area. I don't know how I am going to survive ;)

wgt
08-07-2008, 14:15
When I pass any type of water, I wonder what it would like to diver in it.

1. How many types of water do you pass (urological question)?

2. If you were a kite flyer, what would your thoughts be when you'd pass wind (proctological question)?

Vegas
08-07-2008, 14:22
be careful!!

When this addiction really turns dangerous is when you find the hours you SHOULD be working being filled, instead, with activities like:

browsing the dive gear on Ebay...

obsessively checking the "Used gear for sale" sections on the forum

convincing yourself that that watch you lost in California justifies buying just ONE MORE piece of gear....

And you can just Look at the price on any gear on the Scuba Toys website, and calculate a 10% discount without even realizing you're doing it...

and I won't even go into how many hours a day...um....someone might be spending on this forum -- egad!

These words actually came out of my mouth the other day...
"If I had a diamond ring, I'd pawn it right now to be able to go with you guys to the Bahamas in September!"

perhaps I'm ready for a 12 step program.....
(but I REFUSE to admit I have a PROBLEM.)

detsgtdavis
08-07-2008, 18:19
Man we are all addicated to breathing compress gasses at depth. I went to work early so I could meet a man, that was selling me a pony bottle. I didn't want the wife to know I was spending more money on gear (I need this gear).

I was sitting in the parking lot waiting when who do I see. My brother-in-laws father. Damn busted. I then had to go explain why I was sitting in a parking at 8:30 in the morning with another vehicle pulled up beside mine. I had to ask myself "how does this look".

Don't worry I explained everything to him an then called the wife and said guess who I ran into today!

:smiley2:

hooligan
08-07-2008, 18:32
I put in for a day off and my boss asked why I needed it. I said, "I'm having nitrogen withdrawals."

Jenn
08-07-2008, 18:35
Man we are all addicated to breathing compress gasses at depth. I went to work early so I could meet a man, that was selling me a pony bottle. I didn't want the wife to know I was spending more money on gear (I need this gear).

I was sitting in the parking lot waiting when who do I see. My brother-in-laws father. Damn busted. I then had to go explain why I was sitting in a parking at 8:30 in the morning with another vehicle pulled up beside mine. I had to ask myself "how does this look".

Don't worry I explained everything to him an then called the wife and said guess who I ran into today!

:smiley2:

Lol that sounds like me. I always say the things I bought cost less then they really did. lol Shhhhh

Barberman
08-07-2008, 18:40
I don't have access to a computer at work, so on breaks and lunches I'm browsing the scuba forums on my cell phone.

brandon
08-07-2008, 20:02
I've been thinking of diving all day today, and almost called a buddy and went for a quick swim.

Have a cold that just started on Tuesday though... would be a bad idea to get in the water. But... I know I'll be able to clear (not congested), and it'll just mean my cold will last for a few more days. Who knows, might be worth it?

Course... I've done it 4-5 times before, and I always end up sick for an extra week!

But... dammit, I'm still considering it!

-B

sravin1
08-07-2008, 20:34
be careful!!

When this addiction really turns dangerous is when you find the hours you SHOULD be working being filled, instead, with activities like:

browsing the dive gear on Ebay...

obsessively checking the "Used gear for sale" sections on the forum

convincing yourself that that watch you lost in California justifies buying just ONE MORE piece of gear....

And you can just Look at the price on any gear on the Scuba Toys website, and calculate a 10% discount without even realizing you're doing it...

and I won't even go into how many hours a day...um....someone might be spending on this forum -- egad!

These words actually came out of my mouth the other day...
"If I had a diamond ring, I'd pawn it right now to be able to go with you guys to the Bahamas in September!"

perhaps I'm ready for a 12 step program.....
(but I REFUSE to admit I have a PROBLEM.)

I am currently doing most of those things OMG

Joe L
08-08-2008, 11:20
OK. I realized the other day that I think about diving way too much.

I was at the market and saw a beautiful woman who lets say.... was blessed with some very nice "assets", and the first thing I thought of was, "Hmmm, I wonder how much weight it would take for her to get down?".

LOL, got a chuckle out of that.
I love scuba but, Metal detecting is always on my mind being my favorite sport. It drive me crazy.....

Vegas
08-08-2008, 11:35
I put in for a day off and my boss asked why I needed it. I said, "I'm having nitrogen withdrawals."

YES!!!
I love it!!!

:smilie39:

navyhmc
08-08-2008, 22:58
I'm not saying I have scuba on my brain, but on my past CT scan, I have a tumor that looks surprisingly similar to an AL80.

dagrath
08-08-2008, 23:43
My coworkers and wife got certified with me, but none of them caught the bug quite as much as I did. I think I might scare them off of it if I don't stop finding excuses to buy gear and/or talk about scuba. :)

RoyN
08-09-2008, 07:19
My head is full of water each week I have to go diving, only school and other obligation would prevent me otherwise, but I would find another make up day for the dive. :)