PDA

View Full Version : I Made My Wife Glow Tonight

thesmoothdome
08-07-2008, 21:53
No...not like that. At least not yet today:smiley35:

After about 100 hours of work, I finally finished a rough draft slide show of our PNG, Fiji trip. It was tough to boil down a month of travel to under 20 minutes, but I finally did it.

I've been staying up late, getting up early (it's still vacation) and spending any free moment pouring through pictures and music to make it happen. I think the biggest challenge was finding the right music. I avoided all the traditional dive or beach music. No Enya or Jimmy Buffett (even though I'm a Parrothead at heart). Instead, Art of Noise, Macy Grey, Billy Joel, Sprung Monkey doing AC/DC, Dave Matthews, and Neil Diamond make the list.

There's still a bit of work to do, but I'm pleased and after watching my wife tonight, I think she is too.

bversteegh
08-07-2008, 22:05
I checked out your Flickr site tonight - EXCELLENT WORK. Not to shabby for first trip with a new camera, very nice. Like to see your slide show when you get it done.

brandon
08-07-2008, 22:06
Yeah... enough Enya songs in dive videos already.

If I see another one with Caribbean Blue in it, I'm going to vomit. That song isn't even about the ocean...

-B

Splitlip
08-07-2008, 23:12
Please consider "Got me Hypnotized" by Fleetwood Mac for a dive video.

thesmoothdome
08-08-2008, 00:38
Final cut should be done tomorrow. It's running just shy of 20 minutes now, which is where I want it. My wife is going to make some suggestions tomorrow and then I'll get it cleaned up.

It looks pretty good on the big screen now. Not sure the whole effect will be there on the computer, but I'll find somewhere to host it for a bit and provide a link tomorrow. Then I'll have to get back to trip reports. I still have 2 to complete.

Jenn
08-08-2008, 12:36
I loved the pictures you took great job. What kind of camera are you using? Nice close up shots. Can't wait to see the slide show you make.

thesmoothdome
08-08-2008, 12:39
I loved the pictures you took great job. What kind of camera are you using? Nice close up shots. Can't wait to see the slide show you make.

Thanks for the compliment Jenn.

I'm using a Canon Rebel XTi with a 100mm macro lens and a Tokina 10-17mm for the wide angle side.

Vercingetorix
08-08-2008, 17:31
Please consider "Got me Hypnotized" by Fleetwood Mac for a dive video.man, you are dating yourself.

//My all-time favorite FM song

thesmoothdome
08-09-2008, 16:38
I checked out your Flickr site tonight - EXCELLENT WORK. Not to shabby for first trip with a new camera, very nice. Like to see your slide show when you get it done.

Thanks Bruce. Finally finished the show today. It's up on the web at

Photodex Corporation - Online Content Sharing (http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalbum.html?bm=166979)

Be warned. It's about 20 minutes in length.

Let me know what you think.

cajunfla
08-09-2008, 18:02
From one smooth domer, Saints fan to another:

EXCELLENT photos, EXCELLENT editing!