PDA

View Full Version : Pool Diver Specialty Card!

shovelhead91701
08-09-2008, 09:16
As a newbie I want to log as many dives as possible and wanted some input on my new dive methods. I build and service swimming pools and need to dive in a lot of existing pools to repair leaks etc. I have decided to start logging all dives in any pool over 10,000 gallons where I have to stay down for at least 30 minutes. I have already logged 82 dives! I am a master shallow water diver!!!!!! If I was good with photoshop I would have made myself a new PADI specialty card by now!

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39:

note: the above post is for goof purposes only, the author does not condone nor recommend the actions described herein. Please study all applicable materials from a qualified scuba training organization to understand why this is sooooooo funny!

Jenn
08-09-2008, 09:30
Lol that will work. Good way to get some dives in a suppose. :smilie39::smilie39:

pir8
08-09-2008, 10:24
That could probably be done for real

Soonerwink
08-09-2008, 12:17
If you were diving and cleaning this pool I don't think there will be a problem with logging it as a dive. Brain Goodbye Blog Archive The Deepest Swimming Pool In The World (http://braingoodbye.com/the-deepest-swimming-pool-in-the-world)

freeski4ever
08-22-2008, 22:39
Don't mention this idea to a PADI rep. Next thing you know, there will be a PADI specialty course called "Advanced Pool Diver", and it'll cost you $150 plus books for the course!!!

Warren
08-22-2008, 23:21
Don't mention this idea to a PADI rep. Next thing you know, there will be a PADI specialty course called "Advanced Pool Diver", and it'll cost you $150 plus books for the course!!!

:smiley32:

:smiley36:

Diver Kat
08-22-2008, 23:26
Yes, but if he gets a patent for the idea first, then he can have PADI pay him a percentage of that $150 from each person!:smiley20:

octavias
08-23-2008, 00:33
Brain Goodbye Blog Archive The Deepest Swimming Pool In The World (http://braingoodbye.com/the-deepest-swimming-pool-in-the-world)

I ran into an article about this pool awhile ago. It is really crazy. It was designed so that movies could be filmed in a controlled environment. It is also used by the dive teams of the special forces to train. If I am ever in Brussels I think I will have to go for a dive.

scubadiver888
08-23-2008, 10:38
Brain Goodbye Blog Archive The Deepest Swimming Pool In The World (http://braingoodbye.com/the-deepest-swimming-pool-in-the-world)

I ran into an article about this pool awhile ago. It is really crazy. It was designed so that movies could be filmed in a controlled environment. It is also used by the dive teams of the special forces to train. If I am ever in Brussels I think I will have to go for a dive.
I was reading an article on this from some guys in France. Apparently, there is a train station within walking distance of the pool and people from France will take the train over to Brussels to dive for the day. You might want to look into (a) what train station is beside this place and (b) what train routes you can take to get there.

Soonerwink
08-23-2008, 18:30
I think ST's are doing some remodeling, maybe they could remodel their pool while they are at it. It would be nice to have one to dive in a little closer. And I could take the train ( Amtrak ) out of OKC down there.

plot
08-24-2008, 09:31
If you send PADI a $150, i'm sure they'll send you a card regardless.

Vercingetorix
08-24-2008, 12:36
Careful about joking around when naming certification agencies. There are some mighty sensitive people around here.

//whatever...