PDA

View Full Version : Bridesmaid dress

violakat03
08-10-2008, 01:21
My best friend is getting married on September 8th. When we first started shopping for dresses in February, we found a particular dress that we all liked decently enough. I tried it on at David's - size 20 wouldn't zip, 22 was just about a perfect fit but a little on the snug side.

The first week of June, I ordered that same dress in a size 18. Trying it on in the store, it fit a little snug, but with a boned corset-like top, it fit great.

It came home with me tonight and I tried it on with no corset. I have about an inch to two inches of give in the snuggest part! I may have been able to go with a size 16 even!

So from February to August, I've dropped at least 3 sizes! At last weigh-in that was around 24 lbs and probably a bit of gained muscle.

I'll have to post some pics of me in the dress for you guys. :)

(I also bought a pair of size 18 shorts about 3 weeks ago for work, they were a bit snug then. They almost fell off me at work tonight!)

stairman
08-10-2008, 04:47
So your saying that diving may have gotten you in shape?

Jenn
08-10-2008, 09:02
Awesome great job its such a great feeling when you lose weight. Even better feeling is when we can actually keep it off. Keep up the good work. Have a great time at the wedding.

Lulubelle
08-10-2008, 10:05
Hi, Keep up the good work. One hint, TRY not to think about your size as being a good or bad thing, just keep eating right exercising, and loving yourself as you are along the way. I had some custom clothes made in Hong Kong last year. One thing I love is that they have only one size, MINE. No number though!

I'm on the same path, gained some weight on medications that I had to take and am now on the path to getting it off.

Finds some fun stuff out of the water to do too. I'm completely digging on kickboxing right now!

violakat03
08-10-2008, 19:10
So your saying that diving may have gotten you in shape?

It's been mostly biking and work, actually. I deliver pizza so there's a lot of walking involved. I ride my bike around campus and also around town whenever I can, I try and get in 20 miles a week. Swimming and hitting the gym when I get a chance have also helped it out. My stamina has definitely improved and I've seen a difference in my SAC rate too.

I wouldn't say I've been eating 'right' .. I work at a pizza place, so I'm always chowing down on free stuff. My biggest difference has been portion control. I stop when I'm not hungry anymore, not when I'm stuffed to the limits. I used to be able to eat pretty much an entire medium pizza by myself, now I can't do more than 2 or 3 slices.

Joe L
08-10-2008, 20:46
Doesn't it feel good when you start seeing results, congrats to you. JOe

dallasdivergirl
08-10-2008, 20:58
congratulations!

you are doing things the right way. portion control is key. restaurants don't serve single portion.

sravin1
08-10-2008, 22:17
congratulations!

you are doing things the right way. portion control is key. restaurants don't serve single portion.

tell me about it.

yes portion control and exercise are the keys. conratulations on your results.

stairman
08-10-2008, 22:40
I dont have a weight problem but have found that jogging on a rebounder[mini tramp]will keep you in shape.10 minutes a day is good.Its low impact so it wont wear out your knees like jogging.And no hydrocarbons from car exhaust is a plus.I have heard its more successful if you eat and exercise to[get healthy]instead of thinking its to [lose weight].It take willpower not to be lazy and eat and drink junk.Keep up the good work!Fit for life,is a very good book to read...Randy

violakat03
08-10-2008, 23:50
congratulations!

Yeah, no kidding. I never realized just how much I was eating until I started cutting down. I used to eat a full meal going out. For example, at Chili's, we'd get the unlimited tortilla chips and salsa, and I'd get a salad, an 8 oz steak and mashed potatos. Now he gets the soup salad & chips meal, I nibble on his chips and eat a salad. Usually it's a struggle to finish the entire salad! It's pretty much the same everywhere we go - what used to be one meal is now taken home and split into 3 or 4 meals.

mselizann
08-11-2008, 12:47
Good for you! I can tell you are excited you've dropped sizes!

dallasdivergirl
08-11-2008, 13:29
congratulations!

Yeah, no kidding. I never realized just how much I was eating until I started cutting down. I used to eat a full meal going out. For example, at Chili's, we'd get the unlimited tortilla chips and salsa, and I'd get a salad, an 8 oz steak and mashed potatos. Now he gets the soup salad & chips meal, I nibble on his chips and eat a salad. Usually it's a struggle to finish the entire salad! It's pretty much the same everywhere we go - what used to be one meal is now taken home and split into 3 or 4 meals.

I go to places and I will have the salad and part of my dinner. Then the dinner keeps me from having to cook for a night or two. That's some of the best part.

Foo2
08-12-2008, 09:51
Congrats Violakat03! Way to go on loosing the dress sizes.